There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Yes. You are truly a virtuous soul. We should put you in charge of whipping these poor fuckers into shape.

Right, people buying shit with SNAP's is equal to controlling their lives, whipping them into shape, controlling what they can eat. Did you ever hear of the term Apples and Oranges?

That's because you, and half the other nitwits in this thread, see welfare as charity. But it's not. It's government wealth redistribution. It's not charity when the government takes your money and gives it to someone else.
If that was their money they'd be able to buy alcohol with it. It's an emergency ration provided by the public. It shouldn't be wasted on bullshit.

That's because you, and half the other nitwits in this thread, see welfare as charity. But it's not. It's government wealth redistribution. It's not charity when the government takes your money and gives it to someone else.

It is charity but it's forced charity. Charity is when you willingly give your money to a cause. Forced charity is when they take it with no ability to stop them and they give your money to somebody else.

It’s the government forcing responsible, self-supporting people to give charity to people who can’t take care of themselves.

I'm pretty sure they adjusted the rules since he left office, but for a while there people were using their EBT cards at strip joints along Rt 1.
And I imagine some poster will be along to say that it’s their money and can waste it however the want!

Maybe the whole thing would be better if we went back to “food kitchens” where poor people can “buy” food with vouchers. The things stocked would be ground beef, chicken, fish, milk, cheese, cereal, bread, peanut butter & jelly, canned fruits and veggies, cans of soup, pasta, pasta sauce, and eggs. People can survive quite nicely on these basics.

They want to buy soda or candy? They can take a part-time job and earn some spending money.

And I imagine some poster will be along to say that it’s their money and can waste it however the want!

Maybe the whole thing would be better if we went back to “food kitchens” where poor people can “buy” food with vouchers. The things stocked would be ground beef, chicken, fish, milk, cheese, cereal, bread, peanut butter & jelly, canned fruits and veggies, cans of soup, pasta, pasta sauce, and eggs. People can survive quite nicely on these basics.

They want to buy soda or candy? They can take a part-time job and earn some spending money.

Because you want to control their lives, you want to control what they can eat, you want to run their lives. :auiqs.jpg:

They should be appreciative that American taxpayers are providing them with food. In other countries, they’d be scrounging in garbage cans for dinner.
Not a very good substitute for equal protection of the at-will employment law for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

Seems more like right-wingers simply prefer to tell people what to do.

Because you want to control their lives, you want to control what they can eat, you want to run their lives. :auiqs.jpg:
I'm sure the intent isn't to ruin their lives. Statists always convince themselves that their meddling is "for our own good". But you do want to control what they eat. And, mostly, you just want to slap a bunch restrictions on them because you blame them for the welfare state. And your party doesn't have the balls to do anything about it, other than fucking with the recipients.

I'm sure the intent isn't to ruin their lives. Statists always convince themselves that their meddling is "for our own good". But you do want to control what they eat. And, mostly, you just want to slap a bunch restrictions on them because you blame them for the welfare state. And your party doesn't have the balls to do anything about it, other than fucking with the recipients.
With all this back and forth, does everyone realize there are already restrictions on what can be purchased with EBT?

With all this back and forth, does everyone realize there are already restrictions on what can be purchased with EBT?
Right this thread is about MOAR restrictions!!

I still like my idea for making them write thank you letters.

I dont consider it charity and never have,,

charity is a voluntary thing,, this is forced,,

I dont consider it charity and never have,,

charity is a voluntary thing,, this is forced,,
It is amusing to see democrats constantly fish for virtue points because they want to raise taxes, but never get off their individual asses to do anything for those the claim to champion.

I think they should be permitted to buy hot food. I want them to be able to buy more actual meals. I want to give them better options. Hot food is fine. Bags of candy not so much.

Not a very good substitute for equal protection of the at-will employment law for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

Seems more like right-wingers simply prefer to tell people what to do.
Stop with your ridiculous equal protection laws. It doesn’t mean that lazy people who won’t work get to live as well as self-supporting people. You could use your argument to say that criminals shouldn’t have to live in little cells because other people get to live in nice apartments.

I still like my idea for making them write thank you letters.

One of the reasons why you need to settle in for a nice, long wait when someone in the grocery store is buying their family food using EBT is because it can take a while to check each item, and look up ones the cashier isn't sure about.

Forum List

Back