There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Those ungrateful dogs should only be allowed one government-issued protein/vitamin pill per day. The National Guard should be deployed at all supermarkets to keep the unwashed rabble from entering the realm of the beautiful people. And make them live in the sewers!
They should also have to write thank-you notes to upstanding taxpayers like the OP.

Well, you won't tell anyone shit. We'll take a vote and the majority will tell you how to live That's the way it works. That's what you're cheering for.
Oh but I do tell you beggars what to do...that's why you're in this thread pissing your pants about it.

Those ungrateful dogs should only be allowed one government-issued protein/vitamin pill per day. The National Guard should be deployed at all supermarkets to keep the unwashed rabble from entering the realm of the beautiful people. And make them live in the sewers!

They should also have to write thank-you notes to upstanding taxpayers like the OP.
Gee, we can't at all tell who's on the welfare tit by the posts in this thread.
Thanks for exposing yourselves beggars....hahaha

I think people who give money to poor people DO have a right to decide how that money should be spent.

For example, a beggar asked me if I could spare a few dollars. I could - IF he used it to buy food, but NOT if used it to buy a cheap bottle of wine. So I told him that if he wanted, I would go to the McDonalds down the street, buy him a Combo Meal, and bring it to him. He was happy for that, and realized it wasn’t really HIS money to spend - it was mine. He thanked me when I handed him the bag with his dinner in it.

Seems that beggars on the street understand that people providing them money get to decide how it will be used.

They should be appreciative that American taxpayers are providing them with food. In other countries, they’d be scrounging in garbage cans for dinner.

Oh but I do tell you beggars what to do...that's why you're in this thread pissing your pants about it.
No, you don't. And that's not what's being proposed. What we're talking about is the government telling them what to do.

They should be appreciative that American taxpayers are providing them with food. In other countries, they’d be scrounging in garbage cans for dinner.
They should kiss your ass personally. What's the point of helping people if you don't get to see them grovel?

Giving someone some money, and then micromanaging how they spend it, is telling them how to live. But of course, it won't stop there. When health care is socialized the statists will be micromanaging your health habits as well.

We are not giving them cash, we are giving them a card in which to buy food. That card has restrictions and always has. Or do you think we should remove all restrictions like alcohol and tobacco purchases? You know, we don't want to tell people how to live now do we?

LOL - McDonalds can't put me in jail if I ignore them. Do you REALLY not understand that????

Who was the last person that ever went to jail for abusing their SNAP's card? I've seen them at my store repeatedly doing just that, and at best, the manager asks them to leave the store.

But let's cut through the bullshit. The only principle at work here is retribution - an attempt to target welfare recipients with restrictions because you don't want them using welfare. It's typical, chickenshit "blame-the-victim" nonsense. Republicans don't have the balls, nor the leadership, to dismantle the welfare state legitimately, so they're just going to pick on the people it ensnares instead.

Back in 1980 I got my first apartment. it was tough making ends meet. I used to go to the grocery store and and get my 5 lbs of ground meat, and make hamburgers for the week. Oh I was working alright, in fact 6 days a week, but with buying all the necessities to have that apartment kept me pretty broke. That's when I experienced watching my first food stamp purchase of the customer in front of me: Three kids, cart loaded with pre-prepared drinks, TV dinners, Frozen foods like pizza, but nothing she had to put any effort into making.

I thought to myself "Gee, I wish I could afford to buy that shit, but I can't. I work for a living."

After a while people get sick of seeing this shit all the time and demand that people who are given food have the same restrictions we have to place on ourselves. But to you that seems outrageous.

I think people who give money to poor people DO have a right to decide how that money should be spent.
That's because you, and half the other nitwits in this thread, see welfare as charity. But it's not. It's government wealth redistribution. It's not charity when the government takes your money and gives it to someone else.

Back in 1980 I got my first apartment. it was tough making ends meet. I used to go to the grocery store and and get my 5 lbs of ground meat, and make hamburgers for the week. Oh I was working alright, in fact 6 days a week, but with buying all the necessities to have that apartment kept me pretty broke. That's when I experienced watching my first food stamp purchase of the customer in front of me: Three kids, cart loaded with pre-prepared drinks, TV dinners, Frozen foods like pizza, but nothing she had to put any effort into making.
Yes. You are truly a virtuous soul. We should put you in charge of whipping these poor fuckers into shape.

We are not giving them cash, we are giving them a card in which to buy food. That card has restrictions and always has. Or do you think we should remove all restrictions like alcohol and tobacco purchases?

You don't want to know what happened in Massachusetts when Deval Patrick was governor.

They should kiss your ass personally. What's the point of helping people if you don't get to see them grovel?
Didn’t say they should kiss my behind. But they SHOULD be appreciative of living in a country that gives free food to people. Being appreciative is a far cry from groveling. Seems you are determined that welfare recipients should adopt an entitlement attitude - and to feel that they get to spend the money they are GIVEN as freely as people who earn their money through hard work.

What‘s at the root of all this is the left’s insistence on “equity” - that choosing to mooch off of the government teat is just as respectful a life choice as people who decided to support themselves.

Forum List

Back