There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Like I said let them eat Ramen, right pinhead? 99% of people getting SNAP aren't buying lobster tails, dickweed.
Look at you winning your make believe argument! Bravo good sir. Of course no one ever made any claims about any percentage being wasted much less 99% lol

Typical tard has to make shit up in order to knock it down to "win"

Maybe they should stop using my money and I won't concern myself with it.
"your money"??? Do you complain about all the uses of tax money? How do you feel about military waste? Subsidies to Monsanto, etc.? No, you'd rather complain about poor children. What a schmuck.

The sad part is how hard the poor have to work for the meager benefits they get. They have to spend hours and hours.

It can take up to 30 days to receive SNAP benefits.

After you've completed your SNAP paperwork and in-person interview, Social Services will begin to process your application. The length of time varies by state, however, you can typically expect to be approved or denied within 30 days.

8 Documents Needed to Apply for Food Stamps
1.Identification
2.Proof of Citizenship
3.Proof of Residence
4.Earned and Unearned Income
5.Medical Expenses
6.Household Expenses
7.Proof of any Disabilities
8.Proof of any School Attendance

That's more paperwork and time, then it takes to get a federal job.

So what's your point, they have to fill out some paperwork?

- but taxpayers providing money for food to poor people are well within reason to object when that money is wasted, and then the food stamp allotment has to go up because….waaaah…..they don’t have enough money for milk and cheese.

Taxpayers aren't allowed to object, except by voting the bastards out, to any wasteful government spending.

The supreme court told taxpayers who tried to file lawsuits to stop the waste, to shut up, and pay their taxes.

I believe my very first thread I made here was on an incident at the supermarket.
I was in line behind a woman and her child. The child's hair looked like she just walked out of a sandstorm. Obviously unwashed, and messy as hell. Her clothes were stained an unkempt.
The mother had 3 or 4 cheap tattos, skinny as a rail... probably a methhead.
Anyway... in her cart was all shit food. Little Debbie cakes, chips, giant cheesepuffball container... all junk food.
She pays with an EBT card, then places a Goddamn carton of cigarettes on the counter and pays cash for that.

And - THAT - sums up my thoughts on the entire EBT system. As taxpayers we pay for their food, so they can afford to smoke and drink.
That's a fact.

If you're blowing your food assistance on candy and soda you don't really need food assistance. You probably just need some grown up to explain to you how to be responsible and manage your finances.

So, you are yet another person who does not recognize fraud or does nothing about it.

We need to cut government fraud at all levels. But lets start at the top, and not at the bottom. It doesn't make sense to have a $100 an hour investigator catch somebody illegally buying $20 worth of stuff on an EBT card.

I believe my very first thread I made here was on an incident at the supermarket.
I was in line behind a woman and her child. The child's hair looked like she just walked out of a sandstorm. Obviously unwashed, and messy as hell. Her clothes were stained an unkempt.
Anyway... in her cart was all shit food. Little Debbie cakes, chips, giant cheesepuffball container... all junk food.
She pays with an EBT card, then places a Goddamn carton of cigarettes on the counter and pays cash for that.

And - THAT - sums up my thoughts on the entire EBT system. As taxpayers we pay for their food, so they can afford to smoke and drink.
That's a fact.

That woman is using a product that should cost her nothing...She's an American

She should be able to buy a pack of smokes for 75 cents.

It wouldn't be a problem if the state wasn't pissing on the poor who can't afford a carton of smokes...

Wondering why she's so poor as you point out one of the most regressive tax schemes in America. lol

That's a fact.

And that's all people are complaining about here. But because some would like to see further restrictions, they are hinting at dictatorship, controlling the lives of the poor, picking on the least fortunate among us and so on.

We already have SNAP's restrictions and always have. It's not being Hitleresque by saying perhaps we need more.

the same can be said for the highly restricted tyranny you seek to establish.

You sure? Leftists would love nothing more than the nationalize health care and the banking system, utilize federal agencies and law enforcement investigate those with which the don’t agree and limit speech from the opposition. Yeah, it really isn’t much of a stretch, but lefties heads are far too deep in the sand to see it.

Forum List

Back