There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

In their minds “humane” means we all share in the misery. They are not happy unless we all live in block apartments and have the same income. If you live on a golf course, for example, you are the problem. You most certainly aren’t paying your fair share, otherwise, you would be living in the apartment next to them despite your income.
Might be a small digression, but around here - in Liberal Land - all the new housing developments look the same. They are very “blockish,” with no character. They look like they are all from the same architect. Doesn’t matter if they are apartments, or townhouses. They are that same square block! I think that’s the influence of liberals to “equlize” us all.

To me, they look like housing stock for the old Soviet Union workers. My mother said they look like military housing for troops. Whatever they are, I guess liberals want us living in the same ugly housing (where someone will pay market rate and someone else gets subsidized).

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
And they should be told what to think wear and speak, right? And of course none of them should be allowed to look a superior person like yourself in the eyes. They should have to lower their eyes and bow down every time you pass by on the street, right?
No, they can speak however they want because they are not using my money for that. But yes, poor people on welfare should not be spending money on thick gold chains.

And I see that you’re a leftist - your hard turn to using an extreme example, and making the poor like they’re so victimized by us “oppressors” - but taxpayers providing money for food to poor people are well within reason to object when that money is wasted, and then the food stamp allotment has to go up because….waaaah…..they don’t have enough money for milk and cheese. Maybe if they stopped spending the bulk of their money on harmful sugar-water, they‘d have enough in food stamps to buy basics.

Where I live they get these clowns in line asking to use their SNAP's card to purchase some of your food items. The scam is you let them pay for $25.00 of your items, and at the end of the line, you give them $20.00 cash for your stuff back. You save $5.00 on your groceries, and they get $20.00 cash to buy alcohol, lottery tickets or cigarettes on the public dime.
So, you are yet another person who does not recognize fraud or does nothing about it.

What does that have to do with the op???

Infants aren't eating the candy & pop. Mom and dad are and they're eating it at my expense.
I've noticed now many of the fast food restaurants have signs saying they accept ebt. As do the gas stations.

The abuse of this program has gone to absurd levels.

I personally would take it one step further than the op and restrict purchases of steak, lobster and other premium foods.
Why don't we just allow them bread and water?

Oh they're lazy, and it's all their fault, right? Try food shopping in a poor area. And keep in mind a poor person often has no car. See how good the food is which is available.

The sad part is how hard the poor have to work for the meager benefits they get. They have to spend hours and hours.

It can take up to 30 days to receive SNAP benefits.

After you've completed your SNAP paperwork and in-person interview, Social Services will begin to process your application. The length of time varies by state, however, you can typically expect to be approved or denied within 30 days.

8 Documents Needed to Apply for Food Stamps
1.Identification
2.Proof of Citizenship
3.Proof of Residence
4.Earned and Unearned Income
5.Medical Expenses
6.Household Expenses
7.Proof of any Disabilities
8.Proof of any School Attendance

That's more paperwork and time, then it takes to get a federal job.

Maybe if they stopped spending the bulk of their money on harmful sugar-water, they‘d have enough in food stamps to buy basics.

Wait just a minute. You are suggesting they need to exhibit at least a modicum of responsibility. How dare you.

Nanny state welfare is stupid and a stupid idea

And anyone supporting it is stupid too

Once you start making it more complicated than a check things are not going to go well

Who gives a shit if they buy chips? Nobody sane in a liberal society. Just make another health campaign and shut the fuck up

So, you are yet another person who does not recognize fraud or does nothing about it.

What am I supposed to do about it, pull out my gun and shoot them? One of them tried to pull that stunt on me and I told him to get a fucken job, and when I get up to the cashier, I'm going to have her alert the manager and have him thrown out of the store. I can't do much more than that.

Forum List

Back