There is unequivocal evidence that Earth is warming at an unprecedented rate. Human activity is the principal cause.

I post more content on this forum than anyone else. How is that running away?

You haven't posted any backup for the claim that "current warming is occurring roughly 10 times faster than the average rate of warming after an ice age"

Does that mean it doesn't exist? Or have you disavowed the claim? Or are you running away?

The word you are searching for is relevance. Followed by verifiable and reproduceable... Like real science and understanding it.
I know he enjoys posting the IPCC useless material, over and over and over and… you got it over again. Nothing

I know he enjoys posting the IPCC useless material, over and over and over and… you got it over again. Nothing

The Inter GOVERNMENTAL Panel for Climate Change is his holy writ where it is never proven right, and all delusions are proven.

You haven't posted any backup for the claim that "current warming is occurring roughly 10 times faster than the average rate of warming after an ice age"

Does that mean it doesn't exist? Or have you disavowed the claim? Or are you running away?
"The rate of warming since 1981 is 0.32C/decade."

"But the paleoclimate record also reveals that the current climatic warming is occurring much more rapidly than past warming events.
As the Earth moved out of ice ages over the past million years, the global temperature rose a total of 4 to 7 degrees Celsius over about 5,000 years."

7C in 5,000 years is 0.014C/decade
4C in 5,000 years is 0.008C/decade
0.32 / 0.014 = 23 times as fast
0.32 / 0.008 = 40 times as fast

So, forgive me. Current warming is occuring roughly THIRTY TIMES FASTER THAN THE AVERAGE RATE OF WARMING AFTER AN ICE AGE

"But the paleoclimate record also reveals that the current climatic warming is occurring much more rapidly than past warming events.
As the Earth moved out of ice ages over the past million years, the global temperature rose a total of 4 to 7 degrees Celsius over about 5,000 years."

So, forgive me. Current warming is occuring roughly THIRTY TIMES FASTER THAN THE AVERAGE RATE OF WARMING AFTER AN ICE AGE

The better way to state your ridiculous claim would be that since 1981, the "global temperature"
has increased 1.3C. Now you need to show the rate of warming for every other 40 (or 42) year period "coming out of an ice age". Then you need to discard the periods where it was cooling.
Then you need to average those periods.

Comparing 40-year instrument numbers to 5000-year proxy numbers has got to be one of
the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Especially as the motive to waste...err...spend...err...invest
tens of trillions of dollars. I'm not surprised you fell for it.

The better way to state your ridiculous claim would be that since 1981, the "global temperature"
has increased 1.3C. Now you need to show the rate of warming for every other 40 (or 42) year period "coming out of an ice age". Then you need to discard the periods where it was cooling.

Comparing 40-year instrument numbers to 5000-year proxy numbers has got to be one of
the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Especially as the motive to waste...err...spend...err...invest
he does like michael mann.

To three decimal places.....

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Your claim dead on arrival as proxy measurements are never close to being that precise.

We are already in an ice age and have been for around 2.6 million years this error you keep repeating..... :cuckoo:

Oh... Todd. When they say the Earth warmed 4-7 degrees over a 5,000 year period, that IS the range of arithmetic means for glacial cycle warming.

I wasn't using this to say that this point along justifies spending trillions of dollars. I was using this point to argue that the MANY of you who want to claim current warming is only part of the glacial cycle (particulalry when we are in the cooling part of the glacial cycle) are full to the very brim with SHITE.

Let's take a set 1,000. Now, lets break them up into sets of 50. Take the average of each 50 element set. Now take the average of those 20 averages. The answer will be exactly the same as averaging all 1,000 numbers.

To three decimal places.....

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Your claim dead on arrival as proxy measurements are never close to being that precise.
Would you care to repeat the discussion about precision of means?
We are already in an ice age and have been for around 2.6 million years this error you keep repeating.....
I have lately been referring to the most recent glacial cycle and to the history of glacial cycles displayed in the ice core records we see here so often. So, see if you can actually find something pertinent to say. Maybe something about environmental engineering

Would you care to repeat the discussion about precision of means?

I have lately been referring to the most recent glacial cycle and to the history of glacial cycles displayed in the ice core records we see here so often. So, see if you can actually find something pertinent to say. Maybe something about environmental engineering

Your stupidity is well known since YOU are the asshole who made the three decimal claim with is IMPOSSIBLE with proxy data.

Gawad to are so fucking stupid!

Oh... Todd. When they say the Earth warmed 4-7 degrees over a 5,000 year period, that IS the range of arithmetic means for glacial cycle warming.

I wasn't using this to say that this point along justifies spending trillions of dollars. I was using this point to argue that the MANY of you who want to claim current warming is only part of the glacial cycle (particulalry when we are in the cooling part of the glacial cycle) are full to the very brim with SHITE.

Comparing a 40 year average to a 5000 year average is moronic. Even if you had actual instrument readings for the 5000 years.

What was the average from 1940-1978? Or 1880-1910?

Let's take a set 1,000. Now, lets break them up into sets of 50. Take the average of each 50 element set. Now take the average of those 20 averages. The answer will be exactly the same as averaging all 1,000 numbers.

Let's take a set 1,000. Now, lets break them up into sets of 50. Take the average of each 50 element set.

You can't take all 50 sets, just the warming sets.

How does our current warming compare to the other warming sets?

Let's take a set 1,000. Now, lets break them up into sets of 50. Take the average of each 50 element set.

You can't take all 50 sets, just the warming sets.

I gave him the answer a bunch of time already but being a climate cultist ignores it because it destroys his delusional beliefs.

Q&A: Professor Phil Jones​

A - Do you agree that according to the global temperature record used by the IPCC, the rates of global warming from 1860-1880, 1910-1940 and 1975-1998 were identical?

13 February 2010

Excerpt:

An initial point to make is that in the responses to these questions I've assumed that when you talk about the global temperature record, you mean the record that combines the estimates from land regions with those from the marine regions of the world. CRU produces the land component, with the Met Office Hadley Centre producing the marine component.

Temperature data for the period 1860-1880 are more uncertain, because of sparser coverage, than for later periods in the 20th Century. The 1860-1880 period is also only 21 years in length. As for the two periods 1910-40 and 1975-1998 the warming rates are not statistically significantly different (see numbers below).

I have also included the trend over the period 1975 to 2009, which has a very similar trend to the period 1975-1998.

So, in answer to the question, the warming rates for all 4 periods are similar and not statistically significantly different from each other.

Here are the trends and significances for each period:

LINK

=====

BOOM!

:laugh:

I gave him the answer a bunch of time already but being a climate cultist ignores it because it destroys his delusional beliefs.

Q&A: Professor Phil Jones​

A - Do you agree that according to the global temperature record used by the IPCC, the rates of global warming from 1860-1880, 1910-1940 and 1975-1998 were identical?

13 February 2010

Excerpt:

An initial point to make is that in the responses to these questions I've assumed that when you talk about the global temperature record, you mean the record that combines the estimates from land regions with those from the marine regions of the world. CRU produces the land component, with the Met Office Hadley Centre producing the marine component.

Temperature data for the period 1860-1880 are more uncertain, because of sparser coverage, than for later periods in the 20th Century. The 1860-1880 period is also only 21 years in length. As for the two periods 1910-40 and 1975-1998 the warming rates are not statistically significantly different (see numbers below).

I have also included the trend over the period 1975 to 2009, which has a very similar trend to the period 1975-1998.

So, in answer to the question, the warming rates for all 4 periods are similar and not statistically significantly different from each other.

Here are the trends and significances for each period:

LINK

=====

BOOM!

:laugh:
BOOM? What is your point?

BOOM? What is your point?

ZOOOOOOM right over your head.................... with a sonic BOOOOM following.

Toddserpatriot wrote these words in bottom parts of posts 95 and 96:

What was the average from 1940-1978? Or 1880-1910?

and,

That is why I made that post 97.

Yet you completely missed the point of it all despite that it was right there in front of you!!!

SONIC BOOOOOM!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Last edited:
The evidence that the Earth is warming and carbon dioxide is increasing at rates not seen in millenia is overwhelming. Arguments that such evidence is manufactured are rationally unsound and unsupported by any evidence.

Global temperatures are rising
The ocean is getting warmer
The ice sheets are shrinking
Glaciers are retreating
Snow cover is decreasing
Sea level is rising
Arctic sea ice is declining
Extreme events are increasing in frequency
Ocean acidification is increasing

"Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. Ancient evidence can also be found in tree rings, ocean sediments, coral reefs, and layers of sedimentary rocks. This ancient, or paleoclimate, evidence reveals that current warming is occurring roughly 10 times faster than the average rate of warming after an ice age. Carbon dioxide from human activities is increasing about 250 times faster than it did from natural sources after the last Ice Age." [Emphasis mine]

IPCC Sixth Assessment Report, WG1, Chapter 2
Vostok ice core data; NOAA Mauna Loa CO2 record
Gaffney, O.; Steffen, W. (2017). "The Anthropocene Equation," The Anthropocene Review (Volume 4, Issue 1, April 2017), 53-61.
D-O events say otherwise.

Forum List

Back