The Warning Signs of a Combustible Presidential Transition

After the Hildabeast advised Biden "never to concede" the left pretends to worry about Trump leaving office in the unlikely event that he loses. No surprises here.

Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it. They say they'll take to the streets....Should be quite interesting.

President Donald Trump has long signaled that if he loses reelection, it would surely be illegitimate. With his base primed to believe that victory is the only acceptable outcome, the post-election period could be the most combustible in memory. This wrenching summer—and the Trump rally I attended here yesterday—provides a grim preview of what the weeks after the November 3 vote could look like, with a subset of Trump’s supporters already showing that they’re prepared to advance his interests in the streets.
When I asked Leo Walker, a 68-year-old retiree at the rally, whether the president’s backers would publicly protest a Biden victory, he said, “They’ll do more than that. They will take the country back.” By force? “They will take the country back. There’s no doubt in my mind.” Trump, Walker said, “can do no wrong.”

The weeks after the election could be “a very dangerous period” for the country, says Miles Taylor, a former senior official in the Homeland Security Department, whose agents were deployed to quell recent police-violence protests in Portland, Oregon, against the wishes of the state’s leadership. Taylor left the agency last year and has since emerged as an outspoken critic of the president. “I talk to law-enforcement officials all the time who I used to serve with, and they’re nervous about November and December,” he continued. “We’re seeing an historic spike in gun sales. There’s some of the worst polarization in United States history. This is beyond a powder keg. This is the Titanic with powder kegs filled all the way to the hull.”

In interviews at the rally here yesterday afternoon, Trump supporters told me a Biden victory is so implausible that it could come about only through corrupt means. Latrobe sits in a county where Trump defeated Hillary Clinton four years ago by a 2–1 margin, and no one I spoke with thought Trump was in any real danger of losing this race either.
Walker spoke of a potential “revolution” were that to happen. “He ain’t got a prayer,” Walker said of Biden. “He can only win with fraud.
“That’s the only prayer, and that will cause the third and final revolution in this country,” he added, citing the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

You'll find out if and when it's necessary.
Dufus..I live in Idaho..not a thing is going to change here. YOU'LL find out....hopefully the lesson won't be the end of you.

Let me guess Boise? Am I right? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
Nope....about 120 miles to the Southeast..right about on the Nevada line. Nary a Dem to be seen..but more than a few Trump-haters....still a minority though.

I was in your area in June and July. We went to Shoshone Falls. It's beautiful.

I can see how it was once the west Niagara Falls.

Global climate change has done a huge number on the west. Everywhere I go, lakes, streams etc, are drying up. It's sad.

View attachment 384788View attachment 384789

Nice shots - Shoshone is the most awesome after Idaho has had a heavy snowpack in late April, May and first half of June.
yup..catch them when the IdaPower does its flood releases..awesome!

1599411158887.png

Attachments

• 1599411122169.png
    1599411122169.png
    355.3 KB · Views: 25
Ahh..ya have to follow the dog whistles...Boise is seen as the one blue dot in that sea of Red know as Idaho. Thus somehow invalidating my point. As was the Prius Reference..as it is seen as Beta..and therefore Leftist. Cultural war uses cultural referents.

Truth is...Idaho is it's own shade of Red...screaming nutx in the North..and traditional conservative in the south.

Heheh - The panhandle is certainly a nut factory. Did you ever catch this savory nugget of hilarity?

Boise thanks nutbags with AR's for "protecting them" from AntiFa! :D

protest__4_of_12_.jpg

Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it. They say they'll take to the streets....Should be quite interesting.

President Donald Trump has long signaled that if he loses reelection, it would surely be illegitimate. With his base primed to believe that victory is the only acceptable outcome, the post-election period could be the most combustible in memory. This wrenching summer—and the Trump rally I attended here yesterday—provides a grim preview of what the weeks after the November 3 vote could look like, with a subset of Trump’s supporters already showing that they’re prepared to advance his interests in the streets.
When I asked Leo Walker, a 68-year-old retiree at the rally, whether the president’s backers would publicly protest a Biden victory, he said, “They’ll do more than that. They will take the country back.” By force? “They will take the country back. There’s no doubt in my mind.” Trump, Walker said, “can do no wrong.”

The weeks after the election could be “a very dangerous period” for the country, says Miles Taylor, a former senior official in the Homeland Security Department, whose agents were deployed to quell recent police-violence protests in Portland, Oregon, against the wishes of the state’s leadership. Taylor left the agency last year and has since emerged as an outspoken critic of the president. “I talk to law-enforcement officials all the time who I used to serve with, and they’re nervous about November and December,” he continued. “We’re seeing an historic spike in gun sales. There’s some of the worst polarization in United States history. This is beyond a powder keg. This is the Titanic with powder kegs filled all the way to the hull.”

In interviews at the rally here yesterday afternoon, Trump supporters told me a Biden victory is so implausible that it could come about only through corrupt means. Latrobe sits in a county where Trump defeated Hillary Clinton four years ago by a 2–1 margin, and no one I spoke with thought Trump was in any real danger of losing this race either.
Walker spoke of a potential “revolution” were that to happen. “He ain’t got a prayer,” Walker said of Biden. “He can only win with fraud.
“That’s the only prayer, and that will cause the third and final revolution in this country,” he added, citing the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

Dufus..I live in Idaho..not a thing is going to change here. YOU'LL find out....hopefully the lesson won't be the end of you.

Nope....about 120 miles to the Southeast..right about on the Nevada line. Nary a Dem to be seen..but more than a few Trump-haters....still a minority though.

Global climate change has done a huge number on the west. Everywhere I go, lakes, streams etc, are drying up. It's sad.

Nice shots - Shoshone is the most awesome after Idaho has had a heavy snowpack in late April, May and first half of June.

View attachment 385214

Awesome! Did you take this one?

Ahh..ya have to follow the dog whistles...Boise is seen as the one blue dot in that sea of Red know as Idaho. Thus somehow invalidating my point. As was the Prius Reference..as it is seen as Beta..and therefore Leftist. Cultural war uses cultural referents.

Truth is...Idaho is it's own shade of Red...screaming nutx in the North..and traditional conservative in the south.

Heheh - The panhandle is certainly a nut factory. Did you ever catch this savory nugget of hilarity?

protest__4_of_12_.jpg
Yup..I caught all that..great laughter around my area--well..there were a few gullible types..but c'mon...antifa invading Idaho??

Too funny.

View attachment 385214

Awesome! Did you take this one?
Nope...nice pic though..and i have seen it look like that....

Yes I figured that going earlier in the season would be better and have more water.

I will try to do that next year to get the shots.

Several tRumplings here have already said that if Biden wins it's only because he cheated and they will not accept the results. One even said the "only result that is honest is a trump win". Several others have been running third hands together in anticipation of the opportunity to shoot people.

protest__4_of_12_.jpg
Yup..I caught all that..great laughter around my area--well..there were a few gullible types..but c'mon...antifa invading Idaho??

Too funny.

Same kind of fake news our pResident amplifies.

Just think, these guys probably drove 350+ miles based on a fake Facebook post. They must not work.
Ammon Bundy doesn't. He was arrested and carried out of the Capitol Building in Boise twice in two days just recently!

5f45ab9bb3f19.image.jpg

Al Gore (and even Hillary) should never have conceded so gracefully.

Maybe. Had they followed your advice, what would have been the benefit to the nation?

As to the politics of it, I think Americans across camps may not agree on much, but on what they perceive to be a "sore loser", they mostly do. Moreover, had they not gracefully conceded, in this respect Trump wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb, a singularity in U.S. history, on November 4.

So no, for the time being I find myself on the other side of that fence, and am glad both Gore and Hillary met or even exceeded expectations. That remains so even while Republicans, in their four or five decades of gallop towards the outer fringes of paranoia and insanity, may not realize it.

Forum List

Back