The Warning Signs of a Combustible Presidential Transition

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it. They say they'll take to the streets....Should be quite interesting.

President Donald Trump has long signaled that if he loses reelection, it would surely be illegitimate. With his base primed to believe that victory is the only acceptable outcome, the post-election period could be the most combustible in memory. This wrenching summer—and the Trump rally I attended here yesterday—provides a grim preview of what the weeks after the November 3 vote could look like, with a subset of Trump’s supporters already showing that they’re prepared to advance his interests in the streets.
When I asked Leo Walker, a 68-year-old retiree at the rally, whether the president’s backers would publicly protest a Biden victory, he said, “They’ll do more than that. They will take the country back.” By force? “They will take the country back. There’s no doubt in my mind.” Trump, Walker said, “can do no wrong.”

The weeks after the election could be “a very dangerous period” for the country, says Miles Taylor, a former senior official in the Homeland Security Department, whose agents were deployed to quell recent police-violence protests in Portland, Oregon, against the wishes of the state’s leadership. Taylor left the agency last year and has since emerged as an outspoken critic of the president. “I talk to law-enforcement officials all the time who I used to serve with, and they’re nervous about November and December,” he continued. “We’re seeing an historic spike in gun sales. There’s some of the worst polarization in United States history. This is beyond a powder keg. This is the Titanic with powder kegs filled all the way to the hull.”

In interviews at the rally here yesterday afternoon, Trump supporters told me a Biden victory is so implausible that it could come about only through corrupt means. Latrobe sits in a county where Trump defeated Hillary Clinton four years ago by a 2–1 margin, and no one I spoke with thought Trump was in any real danger of losing this race either.
Walker spoke of a potential “revolution” were that to happen. “He ain’t got a prayer,” Walker said of Biden. “He can only win with fraud.
“That’s the only prayer, and that will cause the third and final revolution in this country,” he added, citing the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it. They say they'll take to the streets....Should be quite interesting.

President Donald Trump has long signaled that if he loses reelection, it would surely be illegitimate. With his base primed to believe that victory is the only acceptable outcome, the post-election period could be the most combustible in memory. This wrenching summer—and the Trump rally I attended here yesterday—provides a grim preview of what the weeks after the November 3 vote could look like, with a subset of Trump’s supporters already showing that they’re prepared to advance his interests in the streets.
When I asked Leo Walker, a 68-year-old retiree at the rally, whether the president’s backers would publicly protest a Biden victory, he said, “They’ll do more than that. They will take the country back.” By force? “They will take the country back. There’s no doubt in my mind.” Trump, Walker said, “can do no wrong.”

The weeks after the election could be “a very dangerous period” for the country, says Miles Taylor, a former senior official in the Homeland Security Department, whose agents were deployed to quell recent police-violence protests in Portland, Oregon, against the wishes of the state’s leadership. Taylor left the agency last year and has since emerged as an outspoken critic of the president. “I talk to law-enforcement officials all the time who I used to serve with, and they’re nervous about November and December,” he continued. “We’re seeing an historic spike in gun sales. There’s some of the worst polarization in United States history. This is beyond a powder keg. This is the Titanic with powder kegs filled all the way to the hull.”

In interviews at the rally here yesterday afternoon, Trump supporters told me a Biden victory is so implausible that it could come about only through corrupt means. Latrobe sits in a county where Trump defeated Hillary Clinton four years ago by a 2–1 margin, and no one I spoke with thought Trump was in any real danger of losing this race either.
Walker spoke of a potential “revolution” were that to happen. “He ain’t got a prayer,” Walker said of Biden. “He can only win with fraud.
“That’s the only prayer, and that will cause the third and final revolution in this country,” he added, citing the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
In reality Hillary said that when Trump wins Biden should never concede

You'll find out if and when it's necessary.

A concession is just being polite....which we have passed some time ago. It has no force of law..and the winner..is still the winner.

But yeah....no matter what happens...10's of millions of Americans are not going to be happy.

It is far more likely that biden voters will continue the coup attempt than never really ended in trumps first term

we are a deeply divided nation on the verge of a bloody civil war

Dufus..I live in Idaho..not a thing is going to change here. YOU'LL find out....hopefully the lesson won't be the end of you.

Dufus..I live in Idaho..not a thing is going to change here. YOU'LL find out....hopefully the lesson won't be the end of you.

I can only make one fact clear. That you will never be the end of me you Marxist pussy!

Let me guess Boise? Am I right? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

There's a real possibility we could have a fucking mess in two months. Constitutional crisis-type mess.

Hey, more chaos. We should be used to it by now.

No, it is pretty clear that the leftwing loons want a civil war. I am now convinced it is coming. The only question now is how bad is it going to get. The Dem cities are going to burn. I hope the good folks can get out before it is too late.

I have doubts that anyone will accept the results of the election, and the call for fraud in voting was very stupid on the part of democrats.

A concession is just being polite....which we have passed some time ago. It has no force of law..and the winner..is still the winner.

But yeah....no matter what happens...10's of millions of Americans are not going to be happy.
tens of millions of retarded dems are already not happy

I can only make one fact clear. That you will never be the end of me you Marxist pussy!
LOL! I doubt you have the faintest idea of what Marxism even is..you congenital idiot! Just something you call people to slander them. When you put your ignorance on display like that....it is hard no to laugh! Calling me some slang term for a woman's vagina is not going to ever change that!

Someday soon, it's all going to get real....reflect on that, if you can. One's political ideology means nothing...when the hammer hits the pin.

via California

I'm thinking drives a Prius.

Nope....about 120 miles to the Southeast..right about on the Nevada line. Nary a Dem to be seen..but more than a few Trump-haters....still a minority though.

Tell us which Red States are giving Biden their Electoral Votes.

Forum List

Back