The war on black Republicans

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Nice to see someone with a liberal bent addressing he innate bias in the media toward incidents like this.

There has been much written about the racial rhetoric that has permeated political discourse since President Obama took office, and the media often highlights the racially inflammatory language used by some of his opponents. But racially charged language targeting black Republicans rarely receives much coverage, further fueling conservative suspicion of the mainstream media.
Late last month, Gloreatha Scurry-Smith, a congressional candidate in Florida’s Fifth district, found that one of her campaign signs had been vandalized. Smith says she initially wasn’t surprised that one of her billboards had been defaced, but was taken aback when she saw that her face had been spray painted white on a towering 8-foot by 4-foot campaign billboard.
Though she emphasized she does not know the culprit’s motivation, Smith did say that she interpreted it as an attack on her status as a rather prominent black Republican.
“As a black conservative often times you are thought of as an Uncle Tom or perhaps a traitor to your own race,” Smith told The Daily Beast. “I didn’t want to deal with that since we have such serious issues in our district that are way more important than this sign.”
Smith, who goes by “Glo,” says she almost didn’t tell people about the incident. She waited for days, praying for guidance with her family. Eventually, Smith and her husband decided it was worth going public on social media in case other signs had been similarly defaced.
But once the incident was made public on June 29, only conservative and local outlets seemed to really treat it like major news. By comparison, a Nebraska parade float that featured an outhouse marked “Obama Presidential Library” drew international press attention last week due to its perceived racial connotations.

The Secret War On Black Republicans - The Daily Beast

The true racists are the far left hands down all you have to do is read this board with the far left religious supporters..

Political slavery, is still slavery even if the far left wants to try and sell it as freedom..

Black Conservatives are treated like slaves in the market. They are heckled, ridiculed, mocked, told they have no worth as a black man or woman- told they do not fit in. They are called House n*****, Uncle Toms, treated to scorn, threats.. Targeted by both black and white liberals... It is the height of sheer demonic hatred in my opinion and shows the evil face of leftists to be the true racists. Message: If you are well spoken, do not need government to give you any and everything to succeed.. If you believe in God and love your country and your skin color happens to be brown or black.. then there's a target on your back--and it's justified by the racists of old still wearing their pointy hats disguised by a liberal label.

Nice to see someone with a liberal bent addressing he innate bias in the media toward incidents like this.

There has been much written about the racial rhetoric that has permeated political discourse since President Obama took office, and the media often highlights the racially inflammatory language used by some of his opponents. But racially charged language targeting black Republicans rarely receives much coverage, further fueling conservative suspicion of the mainstream media.
Late last month, Gloreatha Scurry-Smith, a congressional candidate in Florida’s Fifth district, found that one of her campaign signs had been vandalized. Smith says she initially wasn’t surprised that one of her billboards had been defaced, but was taken aback when she saw that her face had been spray painted white on a towering 8-foot by 4-foot campaign billboard.
Though she emphasized she does not know the culprit’s motivation, Smith did say that she interpreted it as an attack on her status as a rather prominent black Republican.
“As a black conservative often times you are thought of as an Uncle Tom or perhaps a traitor to your own race,” Smith told The Daily Beast. “I didn’t want to deal with that since we have such serious issues in our district that are way more important than this sign.”
Smith, who goes by “Glo,” says she almost didn’t tell people about the incident. She waited for days, praying for guidance with her family. Eventually, Smith and her husband decided it was worth going public on social media in case other signs had been similarly defaced.
But once the incident was made public on June 29, only conservative and local outlets seemed to really treat it like major news. By comparison, a Nebraska parade float that featured an outhouse marked “Obama Presidential Library” drew international press attention last week due to its perceived racial connotations.

So going forward, this is am acknowledgement and declaration from the USMB RWers that 'The Daily Beast' is a LEGITIMATE NEWS SOURCE?!??

Last edited:
Lest we forget what the democrat party and their minions in the media did to Dr. Condie Rice when she was appointed Secretary of State by president Bush. Mainstream newspapers printed a syndicated cartoon showing Dr. Rice as a grotesque slave mammy and they never apologized for it.

Another manifestation of the republican victim mentality.
What was Gloreatha Scurry-Smith a victim of?

She was the victim of awful racism. But this gives republicans a chance to put on their black lipstick and cry in front of everyone that the world is unfair to them. :rolleyes:

Forget Gloreatha Scurry-Smith, the media was being mean to us waaahhh :crybaby:

So going forward, this is am acknowledgement and declaration from the USMB RWers that 'The Daily Beast' is a LEGITIMATE NEWS SOURCE?!??

Feel free to point out where I ever claimed that it wasn't one.

That said, why do you keep insisting that I am right wing when I am so far to the left of you on social issues? Is it because you are so divorced from reality that your pretense that you support freedom trumps your authoritarianism?

Another manifestation of the republican victim mentality.

She was the victim of awful racism. But this gives republicans a chance to put on their black lipstick and cry in front of everyone that the world is unfair to them. :rolleyes:

A victim of racism. But you know it wasn't because she was a Republican. How do you know?

A victim of racism. But you know it wasn't because she was a Republican. How do you know?

Seriously? Okay how do you know?

So you don't know. Yet you know that this story is a "manifestation of the republican victim mentality."

Very impressive.

So you don't know. Yet you know that this story is a "manifestation of the republican victim mentality."

Very impressive.

But the OP believes the world is being unfair to republicans by not spending more time on the story. Even though EVERYONE has reported on it.

Even more impressive.

I liked Hermann Cain in the run up to the RNC in 2012...might have even considered voting Republican for him....unfortunately, the Republicans rejected him as their candidate and I never had the chance. I wonder why he was rejected.

I liked Hermann Cain in the run up to the RNC in 2012...might have even considered voting Republican for him....unfortunately, the Republicans rejected him as their candidate and I never had the chance. I wonder why he was rejected.
Herman Cain dropped out, remember?

Those womanizing allegations that are still not proved.

Very impressive.

But the OP believes the world is being unfair to republicans by not spending more time on the story. Even though EVERYONE has reported on it.

Even more impressive.

Everyone reported on it? Seriously? Can you prove that by linking to every site n Earth and their stories covering it, or are was supposed to bow before your superior ability to make unprovable claims?

By the way, as the author of the OP I can state with certainty that I never made the claim that the world is being unfair to Republicans. I know that because, unlike you, I don't give a fuck if the world is unfair to one side or the other, I just like to argue about politics. I also enjoy mocking idiots, something that this site gives me amble opportunity to do.

Forum List

Back