The USMB Cookbook

You forgot the milk! :rolleyes:

Duh! It's called DRY Cheerios. :cool:

This is really great, I've learned something new already in this thread! :lol:

But do you eat it with a spoon, I wonder? :eusa_think:

No. Bare hand...sort of like how you scoop peanuts out of a bowl.

But, to make things interesting, you can alternate using your dominant hand with using your non-dominant hand.

Another way of consuming Xotoxi's Dry Cheerios is by placing the bowl on the floor, getting on your hands and knees, and eating the Cheerios like a dog by dipping your tongue into the Cheerios and pulling it back into your mouth. The Cheerios will stick to your tongue. This consumption option is fun for kids.

Duh! It's called DRY Cheerios. :cool:

This is really great, I've learned something new already in this thread! :lol:

But do you eat it with a spoon, I wonder? :eusa_think:

No. Bare hand...sort of like how you scoop peanuts out of a bowl.

But, to make things interesting, you can alternate using your dominant hand with using your non-dominant hand.

Another way of consuming Xotoxi's Dry Cheerios is by placing the bowl on the floor, getting on your hands and knees, and eating the Cheerios like a dog by dipping your tongue into the Cheerios and pulling it back into your mouth. The Cheerios will stick to your tongue. This consumption option is fun for kids.

I prefer this method while sitting on the sofa. This method works well with popcorn too. My personal favorite is just outta the box.

This is an idea from another thread, a USMB "Cookbook"

Post your favorite recipe here for all to enjoy. I bet with all the different regions of posters we have on here we all could come up with a varied and delicious recipe "book."

EZ, I have a great recipe for pineapple cake with yummy cream cheese frosting -- I'll post once I find it. :redface:

Microwave s'mores:

Marshmallows
Hershey chocolate squares (2 per)
Graham crackers.

Take 2 hershey's squares, put on a graham cracker square, put marshmallow (or half of one) on top

Put on a plate in the microwave, microwave for about 10-30 seconds depending on your machine...until the marshmallow puffs way up.

Put another square on top and squish it down.

Yummy.

Rosemary Pork Roast

Any size pork roast
Fresh rosemary
salt
pepper
garlic

Put the pork in the oven on high heat (425) until browned, fat side up.

Take out, cut slits here and there, insert rosemary sprigs, garlic into the slits, salt & pepper the top, and lay a few long rosemary sprigs (branches) on the top.

Cover with tin foil.

Cook 3-4 hours @ 325. If it's a dry roast, add a couple of cups of water, enough to keep it from burning. If it's not, just add about a cup or two an hour or so into it, if the juices on the bottom start to carmelize.

You will die.

Salmon

Take a whole or half a salmon, skin on (cleaned of course. Head on or off). Put in the sink and wash the inside, scraping out any dark blood or whatever next to the backbone or wherever else.

Put in tinfoil-lined pan.

Half a salmon: Skin side down, cover with pepper, salt to taste...or not, you can salt it later, sliced purple onions, and thick sliced lemon (completely cover the cut side of the fish. Rind on. Whole salmon, put the stuff inside). Seal the tin foil completely around the fish, like a packet.

Cook according to the size of fish....I usually figure 20 minutes @ 400 will cook almost any fish.

Open it up. The meat will come off the skin on a half salmon and in fact, the skin should actually stick to the bottom of the foil. Remove the onions if you like. There will be a lot of juice..the juice is GOOD, don't serve without pouring juice over it.

Whole salmon, let it sit a minute, then peel the top skin off, it will come off easily, use your thumb and a knife or the side of a fork. Then pull the meat off the bones, pulling from the backbone down. If you haven't removed the pin bones already, remove them first (they're about an inch down from the back bone).

After removign the meat from the top, flip the carcass and repeat with second side.

It's good cold or hot.

Last edited:
corn pops....i love them things....follow xox instructions but delete the bowl.

cinnamon toast crunch is where it is at.
I went over to my parents house today and sometimes my dad will buy some for me. Today was one of those days, it made my whole day.:lol:

This used to be on the menu i'd use to pimp bitches with during summers back in college. A little spiciness. some tequila and rum in shots and frozen drinks... candle light on the deck during a summer evening. The trick is to bring them over while you are making it so they can see the process and feel pampered while enjoying what Jimmy Buffet called a "Frozen Concoction". true story.

CHICKEN ENCHILADES

1 WHOLE COOKED CHICKEN
1 MED. CHOPPED ONION
1 SM. CAN CHOPPED CHILIES
1 CAN CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
26-OZ. JAR SALSA
8-OZ. SHREDDED CHEESE [CHEDDAR, MONTEREY JACK]
1 PKG. TACO SEASONING MIX
1 PT. SOUR CREAM
10 TORTILLAS

SAUTE ONIONS IN SMALL AMOUNT OF OIL. CUT UP CHICKEN INTO BITE SIZE PIECES OR SHRED. ADD MEAT, CHILIES, SALSA, AND TACO SEASONING. SIMMER HALF HOUR.
PREPARE TORTILLAS FOR ENCHILADAS BY COOKING IN HOT OIL UNTIL LIGHTLY GOLDEN BUT SOMEWHAT FLEXIBLE. FILL TORTILLAS WITH CHICKEN MIXTURE AND CHEESE. WRAP AND PLACE IN LARGE BAKING PAN. COVER WITH SAUCE OF BLENDED SOUP AND SOUR CREAM. SPRINKLE WITH REMAINING CHEESE.
BAKE 20 MIN. AT 375 DEGREES.

This used to be on the menu i'd use to pimp bitches with during summers back in college. A little spiciness. some tequila and rum in shots and frozen drinks... candle light on the deck during a summer evening. The trick is to bring them over while you are making it so they can see the process and feel pampered while enjoying what Jimmy Buffet called a "Frozen Concoction". true story.

CHICKEN ENCHILADES

1 WHOLE COOKED CHICKEN
1 MED. CHOPPED ONION
26-OZ. JAR SALSA
1 PT. SOUR CREAM
10 TORTILLAS

SAUTE ONIONS IN SMALL AMOUNT OF OIL. CUT UP CHICKEN INTO BITE SIZE PIECES OR SHRED. ADD MEAT, CHILIES, SALSA, AND TACO SEASONING. SIMMER HALF HOUR.
PREPARE TORTILLAS FOR ENCHILADAS BY COOKING IN HOT OIL UNTIL LIGHTLY GOLDEN BUT SOMEWHAT FLEXIBLE. FILL TORTILLAS WITH CHICKEN MIXTURE AND CHEESE. WRAP AND PLACE IN LARGE BAKING PAN. COVER WITH SAUCE OF BLENDED SOUP AND SOUR CREAM. SPRINKLE WITH REMAINING CHEESE.
I think Ang and I can have this instead of having you make us lasgna.:lol:

CHICKEN ENCHILADES

1 WHOLE COOKED CHICKEN
1 MED. CHOPPED ONION
26-OZ. JAR SALSA
1 PT. SOUR CREAM
10 TORTILLAS

fair enough. As long as you remember what happens after dinner. shave your legs.

CHICKEN ENCHILADES

1 WHOLE COOKED CHICKEN
1 MED. CHOPPED ONION
26-OZ. JAR SALSA
1 PT. SOUR CREAM
10 TORTILLAS

fair enough. As long as you remember what happens after dinner. shave your legs.
already taken care of.:lol:

you need to make some yucca flats with that, I think it would be a good touch.
You get four lemons and four limes cut them in half but squeeze them into a one of those ice tea pitchers first with a spout, and I believe a one or two cups of sugar, fill it with ice and a liter or 5th of vodka. Wrap a towel around it and shake it until the towel sticks to the pitcher. You can add more sugar if it is not sweet enough afterwords.
This is very good for panty dropping.

i'll keep that in mind. but, it's turning fall now so i'll have to wait until next year for the summer plan.

the Autumn plan.. hehehe.. is in full effect.

Here is my ginger beef recipe if anyone wants it. It's awesome.

It is time consuming though. You have to drop each piece one by one into the oil.

Attachments

• $ginger beef.jpg
    $ginger beef.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Forum List

Back