The Uniqueness of Christ

The Sabbath is a jewish concept of which you are clueless,
Ding. LOL "lost thru the ages"
I bet my explanation makes more sense than yours does. Imagine that.

A Christian explains the commandment to keep the sabbath holy to a Jew. Of course I had it explained to me by a Jew. You do realize that Jesus is a Jew, right?

of course----something your sunday school teacher never mentioned. I did attend sunday school.
Here it is my dear. We are told to do as the Original Worker did, create for six days and then rest. Why would God have to command us to rest? Because creating is supposed to be fun; something we love doing; something we have to be told to take a day off from.

Unfortunately many don't see it that way. They view what they do during the week as a chore; something to earn money; something to do to get to the weekend. I pity those people. We worship God by doing as he has done; by treating everything we do as a sacred act. When done that way work is not work. Work is a joy; a pleasure; something you must be told to take a break from to rest.

cute little sunday school story
Is criticizing Christianity how Jews observe the Shabbat, Rosie? Or is that just how you do it?

#fakejew

You are projecting. You imagine that jews view Christianity the same way Christians view Judaism-----Christians view
Judaism as faith upon which to spit in order to justify YOURSELF. You learned that in church. The fact is that jews do not discuss Christianity any more than they discuss Hinduism. You can go to a synagogue
five times per week for 100 years and never hear a word about Christians, Jesus, or Christianity----but your church
service and literature consists of shitting on Judaism. You
imagine you know something about Judaism because you
"learned" it from Christian teachers or read it in Christian
literature

A Christian explains the commandment to keep the sabbath holy to a Jew. Of course I had it explained to me by a Jew. You do realize that Jesus is a Jew, right?

of course----something your sunday school teacher never mentioned. I did attend sunday school.
Here it is my dear. We are told to do as the Original Worker did, create for six days and then rest. Why would God have to command us to rest? Because creating is supposed to be fun; something we love doing; something we have to be told to take a day off from.

Unfortunately many don't see it that way. They view what they do during the week as a chore; something to earn money; something to do to get to the weekend. I pity those people. We worship God by doing as he has done; by treating everything we do as a sacred act. When done that way work is not work. Work is a joy; a pleasure; something you must be told to take a break from to rest.

Better than the one you tell.

You can't discuss yours. You can only criticize those that do.

Beliefs not worth stating are beliefs not worth having, Rosie.

I do not discuss my personal beliefs at all-----dingie
Of course not. Militant atheiest don't have beliefs.

They have arguments against others having beliefs.

Is criticizing Christianity how Jews observe the Shabbat, Rosie? Or is that just how you do it?

#fakejew

You are projecting. You imagine that jews view Christianity the same way Christians view Judaism-----Christians view
Judaism as faith upon which to spit in order to justify YOURSELF. You learned that in church. The fact is that jews do not discuss Christianity any more than they discuss Hinduism. You can go to a synagogue
five times per week for 100 years and never hear a word about Christians, Jesus, or Christianity----but your church
service and literature consists of shitting on Judaism. You
imagine you know something about Judaism because you
"learned" it from Christian teachers or read it in Christian
literature
You want to discuss Hinduism. I studied that too, dumbass.

You want to discuss Confucianism. I can talk about that all night long. Same for Taoism, Islam and Judaism.

I've studied all the major religions, plus a few tribal ones too.

The fact that all you discuss is Christianity convicts you as a liar.

Perhaps the most unique thing about Christ is that the Jewish people then--and the Jewish people now--had no wish to share with the rest of the world God's revelation of God in our midst, God is our salvation, and God is mercy and forgiveness--that God is with us, even when we are poor, ill, and outcast.

No. Yeshua is the new law. He never cancelled the 10....he just clarified the rules/regs. The "chosen" hated what he had to say , so they offed him.
Nothing has changed......except the price = $0

Verily.

They hated what Jesus had to say for the same reason the people rebelled against Moses.

Many saw themselves as the subject of condemnation and refrain in the divine menu.

The will of God was written in Torah in form of commandments. It looks like Jesus did not particularly respect them.

In fact, Jesus is found saying that those who follow moral law are close to the Kingdom of Heaven. It is true that Jesus (like many other wise Jews of the time) boiled the commandments down to love of God and love of neighbor. The "laws" he is recording as having broken were not moral laws, but more of what we would today regard as a culture's customs--i.e., dietary practices or when and how to wash up.
By definition all commandments express the will of God. All of them, without exception. Intentional breaking the commandments means sin, also by definition. Calling others to break the commandments means blasphemy. Sacred religious scripts are not just sets of moral laws, they are spiritual teachings in the first place. That's what religions are.

And everyone who doesn't love Jesus is a potential liar?

Usually those who don't come to appreciate Jesus and his life are not potential liars--they are victims of bad ambassadorship via some of his followers. One of the first things one should learn about Jesus is that his interest was not in those who were doing well in both faith and life under present conditions. His heart went out to the lost, to the disenfranchised sinners, to the poor, to those who felt God was ignoring them, punishing them, and frankly had no use for them. He painted for them an entirely different picture of God--God who is Father, God who is forgiving, God who is salvation for everyone. He assured them God was in their midst, His kingdom well within their reach.

My heart breaks more than a little that if Jesus were living today--or that if I living then, but in the same circumstances I live today--Jesus would have passed by me without a second glance as he looked towards those who had little or no hope.
Religions are not social movements, they are based on spiritual teachings. A person either has religious faith or has not. Nothing to do with his/her well-being. What you described looks rather as political populism.

Perhaps the most unique thing about Christ is that the Jewish people then--and the Jewish people now--had no wish to share with the rest of the world God's revelation of God in our midst, God is our salvation, and God is mercy and forgiveness--that God is with us, even when we are poor, ill, and outcast.
Why the Jewish national religion is any of your business? And why do you think that Jews need your teachings?

Why the Jewish national religion is any of your business? And why do you think that Jews need your teachings?

Reading your last three posts astonish me. Your thoughts are not my thoughts, and to respond to the first two would be comparable to entering a conversation between you and someone else where I haven't a clue as to what is going on. For example, this last one: I said just the opposite. The Jews do not need our teachings, we need theirs. Have a good day.

Reading your last three posts astonish me. Your thoughts are not my thoughts, and to respond to the first two would be comparable to entering a conversation between you and someone else where I haven't a clue as to what is going on. For example, this last one: I said just the opposite. The Jews do not need our teachings, we need theirs. Have a good day.

You need Jewish teachings? lol.... Whats holding you back from learning? I heard somewhere that this is a Jewish teaching...some might say divinely inspired. They're not even trying to keep it secret or hide it from you.

There is only one God. God is incorporeal, pure spirit. God has no visible shape or material form.

God has no equal and there is no other God in existence either above or below him

There never was and never will be a human being that was God or became God either before, during, or after their human existence.

God is not edible.

Pay attention.. Take notes or something in case you forget. This is going to be on the test.

Last edited:
God's promise that there would be blessing in all the nations of the earth was fulfilled by the sacrifice of Christ.

If Jesus was irrelevant to the Jews in this thread, they wouldn't be in this thread.

The fact that they are arguing about Christ, convicts them.

Actions speak louder than words.
Yeah we think being deceived by the fallen imposter messiah is serious, just as your faith that teaches about the son of perdition, but also teaches 1/3(Christianity is 1/3) would be deceived and fall with him. If you weren't the deceived you'd know this. *L*

If Jesus was irrelevant to the Jews in this thread, they wouldn't be in this thread.

Yeah we think being deceived by the fallen imposter messiah is serious, just as your faith that teaches about the son of perdition, but also teaches 1/3(Christianity is 1/3) would be deceived and fall with him. If you weren't the deceived you'd know this. *L*
I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me. Who strengthens you?

I said just the opposite. The Jews do not need our teachings, we need theirs.
That's what you said.: "the Jewish people then--and the Jewish people now--had no wish to share with the rest of the world God's revelation of God in our midst". And it sounds really bad. Claiming and blaming is not the best way to get something you need.
Besides, since when Christianity needs Jewish teachings?

God's promise that there would be blessing in all the nations of the earth was fulfilled by the sacrifice of Christ.
3000 years after a new established religion permitted only animal sacrifices, you try to use the scripts of the same religion to justify and even glorify human sacrifice.

3000 years after a new established religion permitted only animal sacrifices, you try to use the scripts of the same religion to justify and even glorify human sacrifice.

I always found it astonishing that someone who claims to really really really love Jesus would accept the belief that Jesus was without sin but was tortured and crucified so that they wouldn't have to face any consequences for their own sins. They don't even have to stop sinning yet they believe that they are saved. Astonishing!

I'm sure that Jesus is very impressed with the magnitude of their love and devotion.

I am.

Last edited:

IF he's the one strengthening you, then
1)shouldn't he be a real figure and not an image of one. If someone said Gumby made them a better person would you not remind them,
"But Gumby isn't real"....therefore when you say Jews are concerned with your fake so called "good news" it would be liken to you reminding people the difference between fictitious characters and reality.
and
2) why then are you so weak that you should sin consistantly, sometimes knowingly and blatantly?

IF he's the one strengthening you, then
1)shouldn't he be a real figure and not an image of one. If someone said Gumby made them a better person would you not remind them,
"But Gumby isn't real"....therefore when you say Jews are concerned with your fake so called "good news" it would be liken to you reminding people the difference between fictitious characters and reality.
and
2) why then are you so weak that you should sin consistantly, sometimes knowingly and blatantly?
1. He is real. Whether or not you accept it is irrelevant to me. I have experienced him.

2. Because I am human.

Now answer my question. Who strengthens you?

More like 6000 years but there is evidence of at least 4500 years.

Christianity is effectively a sect of Judaism.

We Glorify God.

Forum List

Back