The U.S. government has issued its first geomagnetic storm watch in ~20 years

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Big incoming from the sun.

Could cause severe interruptions in power and communications somewhere on Earth.

REPORT: The U.S. government has issued its first geomagnetic storm watch in ~20 years, warning Americans of solar activity that could knock out communications and GPS systems.
According to NOAA, the power grid is at risk and warns Americans of "possible widespread voltage control problems."
The storm is expected to hit Earth on Friday and go through Saturday.
The storm is caused by "a large sunspot cluster has produced several moderate to strong solar flares." (NOAA)The sunspot is about 16x the diameter of Earth.
The solar storm could also trigger norther lights "unusually far south" on Friday night. (WaPo)

Makes me wonder what type of experiment the government is planning to run. They are already working on the cover story

Big incoming from the sun.

Could cause severe interruptions in power and communications somewhere on Earth.

REPORT: The U.S. government has issued its first geomagnetic storm watch in ~20 years, warning Americans of solar activity that could knock out communications and GPS systems.
According to NOAA, the power grid is at risk and warns Americans of "possible widespread voltage control problems."
The storm is expected to hit Earth on Friday and go through Saturday.
The storm is caused by "a large sunspot cluster has produced several moderate to strong solar flares." (NOAA)The sunspot is about 16x the diameter of Earth.
The solar storm could also trigger norther lights "unusually far south" on Friday night. (WaPo)

Yeah, they say there could be 'northern lights' as far south as Georgia. A geomagnetic version of Sherman's march to the sea.

If you drive one of these, watch your ass.
1715381561935.png

I read a novel that had the US government covering up an EMP attack from NK by explaining it as a geomagnetic storm.
Turned out to do a crap load of damage.

I read a novel that had the US government covering up an EMP attack from NK by explaining it as a geomagnetic storm.
Turned out to do a crap load of damage.
You sure we didn't just dump a load of crap on NK?

Forum List

Back