CDZ Why wouldn't China attack the U.S. in a first strike?

Yeah....you really don't understand human nature or human history...Chinese communists think long term, not short term, eliminating the U.S. from the world opens up the rest of the world.....no one would think to stand against them because the Chinese communists would simply destroy major cities in any country that stood up to them......Every country around the world would bend the knee...immediately....
Have you ever been to China? How many Chinese people have you met who suggested they want to take over the world and/or destroy the US?

We no longer use manned bombers as part of out "Triad" nuclear response. We haven't since 1991.
That is incorrect. The bombers are no longer on alert and would not survive a surprise strike in their current state, but bombers are still an important part of our nuclear triad.

If tensions with Russia or China were to rise sufficiently, the bombers would go back on alert.

We are even developing a new generation of stealth bombers. And a new generation of stealth cruise missiles for our bombers to carry.

I'm sorry, but your point is irrelevant.
Not irrelevant when the scope of the conversation includes US nuclear policy during the Cold War.

Have you ever been to China? How many Chinese people have you met who suggested they want to take over the world and/or destroy the US?

Leadership of the communist party……that’s all it takes……

You didn’t answer my question.

Yes....I did. The aggressive activity of the Chinese Communist party around the world, their willingness to spread the Chinese Flu after it escaped from the lab........their activity shows their goal.

I never got an answer to this question.
??????

I watch the news, follow the stories of Chinese aggression around the world........kinda don't need to know what they are doing in China when we can see how they are sinking roots all over the rest of the world.....from Latin America, to Africa, to infiltrating our education system.......but please, tell us that these things they do aren't aggressive acts....

I watch the news, follow the stories of Chinese aggression around the world........kinda don't need to know what they are doing in China when we can see how they are sinking roots all over the rest of the world.....from Latin America, to Africa, to infiltrating our education system.......but please, tell us that these things they do aren't aggressive acts....
You know, I have twice now asked you a very simple yes/no question, and twice you have cringed away from giving a simple yes/no answer. Why is that? If someone were to ask me if I had ever been to France, I would simply answer "no." I would not be scared to say so, and I would continue to have views and opinions about the people and government of France.

You know, I have twice now asked you a very simple yes/no question, and twice you have cringed away from giving a simple yes/no answer. Why is that? If someone were to ask me if I had ever been to France, I would simply answer "no." I would not be scared to say so, and I would continue to have views and opinions about the people and government of France.
I've never been to China. I still know that we'll go to war to protect Taiwan if China invades them.

I've never been to China. I still know that we'll go to war to protect Taiwan if China invades them.
While Biden is President? I'm not so sure. I don't see China trying something like that just yet anyway.

I ask this because China wants to dominate the world...I have been told that there is no way China would attack the U.S. in a first strike, knocking out our energy grid, killing hundreds of millions of Americas with one missile strike...sending the U.S. into the Dark Ages with their hypersonic weapons......

I have been told that they wouldn't want to lose the U.S. market for their goods....that we would still have the ability to strike back...

1) Knocking out the U.S. would give China control over the entire world...who would stand against them if we weren't in the picture? So the "they wouldn't kill off their primary customer," doesn't ring true when you understand that some prefer power over wealth.

2) Our nuclear deterrent only works if you have those in charge who would use it in retaliation against a first strike attack....do you think the democrat party politicians, and their diversity generals would have the stomach to launch retaliatory strikes against civilian Chinese populations?

Obama, Biden and the rest have filled the military leadership with generals more interested in "Diversity" and "White Supremacists," than the threat China poses against us.........

As the story below points out.....the attack wouldn't even have to come from China, but could come from a proxy of China.......how would the "Diversity" generals and a democrat party President respond to an attack, ordered by China, but launched from North Korea....?

So.......tell me how China won't attack us if they see the opportunity.....

I was awake ridiculously early this morning (like 4 am), and was caught short by the news of the FAA ground stop and landing order for air traffic in the western U.S. yesterday in hair trigger response to a North Korean test launch of a hypersonic missile. The FAA’s statementleft things pretty vague as to why. I note the mainstream media caught up with this unusual story today, but as usual offer superficial accounts.

The ground stop and landing order (similar to the landing order of 9/11) only lasted a few minutes and was quickly cancelled, but I am wondering about the linkages and protocols between NORAD and the FAA’s air traffic control system. It doesn’t seem there was much time lapse. Maybe this is just part of the post-9/11 world. But I also wonder if there is something we aren’t being told. Why would the government order a total ground stop and landing order for the west coast in response to a single missile launch? I can think of a few plausible reasons, but I can also think of some others that are less reassuring.

The greatest threat to the U.S. from a pipsqueak country like North Korea (or Iran) is not a substantial nuclear attack, but an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) explosion in high altitude over or near the U.S., which would incapacitate civilian aircraft along with much else. (Anyone think California’s antiquated and poorly maintained electricity grid, which keeps setting the state on fire, is protected against an EMP blast?) Hypersonic missile technology makes this threat more menacing. Accuracy is not much of a problem with an EMP attack. Is our government worried about this possibility to the extent that they order air traffic ground stops on a single launch warning?

Of course, if the government were candid about this risk, there would be pressure for higher defense spending, and less for solar panels and windmills while we harden our electricity and communications grid. Can’t have that.

China can and already does all that it wants in it's own region. Reverse engineering western military and civilian technology, setting up detailed profiles about the populations of their neighbors and adversaries, etc. They're into 'soft power'.
they really have no need for a direct strike against the US (or EU for that matter), for exactly the reasons you already know about and write about here.
and they know any attack would be monitored from over here, and retaliated against in a very big way.

China can and already does all that it wants in it's own region. Reverse engineering western military and civilian technology, setting up detailed profiles about the populations of their neighbors and adversaries, etc. They're into 'soft power'.
they really have no need for a direct strike against the US (or EU for that matter), for exactly the reasons you already know about and write about here.
and they know any attack would be monitored from over here, and retaliated against in a very big way.

Who would retaliate? Biden? Kamala harris? Do you really think a democrat party President would launch an attack against millions of innocent chinese people, even in retaliation for a nation killing strike here?

Forum List

Back