Gold Supporting Member
- Jan 8, 2011
- Reaction score
Will then why didn’t Harry accept their surrender before he did his war crimes in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? The only condition they asked for was don’t harm the emperor, well prior to the a-bombings. Truman massacred all those women and children then agreed to their terms. He should have been hung at Nuremberg as the Nazis were.1. Everyone wanted the Japanese Emperor to stay in office. The Truman administration did and so did the generals and admirals.
2. The Emperor wanted to stay in office and he damn sure didn't want to be tried and hanged.
3. The Potsdam Accord called for Japan's complete surrender or Japan would face utter annihilation. Originally there was text that said the emperor could remain, however that text was removed at the last moment.
4. There was zero communication between America and Japan at this time.
5. So the atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
6. A week went by. No surrender.
7. Someone in the Truman administration drafted a letter and sent it to the Japanese via the Swiss embassy. It strongly hinted that the Emperor could keep his job though it didn't come right out and say it.
8. So that was good enough for the emperor who threw his vote in with the moderates, breaking the tie they had with the hard liners. Japan surrendered.
So why was the text removed from the Potsdam Accord?
Because 85% of America voters wanted to see the Emperor hanged. Truman realized that no Democrat would ever get elected again in his lifetime if he didn't tread carefully.