The top 400 are better off than they were four years ago.

A new high for top 400, and yet some still think the poor pay too little and the rich pay too much, how many of you are hitting an all time high?

The Richest People in America - Forbes

So? And did you notice who was #2?

Still with "the" trying to make being successful and rich a bad thing! Are you going to whine about them using tax loopholes as well?

Here's Gates, just like Buffett whining about how he should pay more in taxes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16714480

Do you think he or Buffett wrote a check to the Treasury.

They are just like politicians. Tell the public what they want to hear and do what's best for themselves.

If you want to discuss Philanthropy, that's another isse. But don't bitch about how you should pay more in an interview then call your accountant to see how your investments are doing.

Last edited:
A new high for top 400, and yet some still think the poor pay too little and the rich pay too much, how many of you are hitting an all time high?

Still with "the" trying to make being successful and rich a bad thing! Are you going to whine about them using tax loopholes as well?

you got to love the way you guys flip stuff around, tell me how exactly is it that the rich need yet another tax rate cut when they are clearly getting richer in good times and bad, when they talk about broadening the base what they are saying is that the poor pay too little and the rich are paying too much, but if that is true then why do the poor keep losing net worth while the rich keep piling on more?

you got to love the way you guys flip stuff around, tell me how exactly is it that the rich need yet another tax rate cut when they are clearly getting richer in good times and bad, when they talk about broadening the base what they are saying is that the poor pay too little and the rich are paying too much, but if that is true then why do the poor keep losing net worth while the rich keep piling on more?

Show me where I said they need a tax cut? I said don't play martyr and say you should pay more in taxes. Put your money where your mouth is and pay more. Are their fingers broken? Out of checks? Treasury Dept closed. Accountant on vacation?

You resent Gates doing well in bad, as well as good times....Don't buy Microsoft products. Let us know how that works out. You wouldn't be here drooling over the rich. You gloat when Buffett pals around with President Obama but resent him for doing well. His companies (Berkshire Hathaway) don't do well, guess what? He lays people off. Another fraud who pays only what he is required to.

Get off the soapbox and get a dose of economic reality.

It Turns Out Warren Buffett Is A Master Of Avoiding Taxes

"Warren is fond of playing the role of the “folksy” type who still lives in his modest house in nowhere Omaha and owns an old car he’s had for years. Just plain folk, he’d have you believe. Well, DON’T believe it! This is the same Buffett who constantly travels by private jet; is chauffeured by limousines wherever he goes; regularly stays at 5-star hotels; invests in deals not available to any other investors. Yet, he’d have you believe he’s just like you. Sure!"

http://articles.businessinsider.com...-income-tax-warren-buffett-judge-learned-hand

You want to put your time to good use and perhaps educate us all. Trace them back and see what party the belong to? I don't know. That might be something worth discussing. I don't have the time or inclination. Then again I wasn't the one bitching about what they do or don't pay.

Last edited:
Trying to deflect from the fact that your dingleberry candidates are still calling for more tax breaks for the rich, while at the same time calling for more taxes on the middle class. And bemoaning the fact that many of the working poor are not paying federal income tax.

We should return to the tax schedule under Clinton. For all of us. And then add an additional 5% on the incomes over one million dollars.

Trying to deflect from the fact that your dingleberry candidates are still calling for more tax breaks for the rich, while at the same time calling for more taxes on the middle class. And bemoaning the fact that many of the working poor are not paying federal income tax.

We should return to the tax schedule under Clinton. For all of us. And then add an additional 5% on the incomes over one million dollars.

Lets see our projected deficit over the next 10 years 15 trillion. The tax you Democrats keep talking about on the rich is 1 trillion over 10 years. We are still 14 trillion short. There are 343,000 top 1 percenters. If they pay 1 dollar is it 343,000 dollars. If the middle class pays 1 dollar it is 200,000,000 dollars. Try and figure out what the quickest and cheapest way is to 14 trillion over 10 years.

Lets see our projected deficit over the next 10 years 15 trillion. The tax you Democrats keep talking about on the rich is 1 trillion over 10 years. We are still 14 trillion short. There are 343,000 top 1 percenters. If they pay 1 dollar is it 343,000 dollars. If the middle class pays 1 dollar it is 200,000,000 dollars. Try and figure out what the quickest and cheapest way is to 14 trillion over 10 years.

So the deficit needs to be solved in one swoop through one initiative? Oh it doesn't? So why did you create a strawman scenario which depicts that sort of scenario?

meh..........every 4 years, the k00ks roll out this standard line and every sngle election, it doesnt add up to dick. Nobody has every won a general election based upon a campaign where the sole focus is beating up the rich!! The k00ks are romanticized with it............but these people also have the political IQ of a small soap dish.

Election model with 100% success rate for past 30 years predicts Romney victory | The Raw Story

Like Carville said...................:coffee:

So the deficit needs to be solved in one swoop through one initiative? Oh it doesn't? So why did you create a strawman scenario which depicts that sort of scenario?

The rich have always paid roughly what they are paying now. Up a little down a little but the huge debt we have has been created by all the tax cuts to people in the middle class. Because you democrats say tax the rich and just cut useless government programs. If we have useless government programs why are they not already cut. You guys are the ones that use the strawman scenarios.

Has anyone, ever in the history of the United States, looked at the top one percent and said, "I want what they have. What can I do to achieve what they have, to get there?". Because all I hear and read from people is, "I want what they have, what can the government do to get me there?".

I never knew the reason we taxed people was to prevent them from getting richer. I always thought it was to fund the government (a limited government at that)

Silly me.

The rich have always paid roughly what they are paying now. Up a little down a little but the huge debt we have has been created by all the tax cuts to people in the middle class. Because you democrats say tax the rich and just cut useless government programs. If we have useless government programs why are they not already cut. You guys are the ones that use the strawman scenarios.

LMAO! Really? Would love you to back that up with ANY sort of data. When you can't, we'll know who cares about what the facts are.

LMAO! Really? Would love you to back that up with ANY sort of data. When you can't, we'll know who cares about what the facts are.

Actually, the rich pay their highest share of the Federal income tax burden, ever.

And with Federal spending now 100X more redistributive than when JFK was POTUS, the rich pay much more than they should - and then some.

Have a fucking clue - then post.

Actually, the rich pay their highest share of the Federal income tax burden, ever.

And with Federal spending now 100X more redistributive than when JFK was POTUS, the rich pay much more than they should - and then some.

You should get a job moving goal posts. You're good at it and you need a job. Voila!

That's a bull shit lie the top rate was once 90% now the wealthiest pay less than 15% if their overall share has increased it is less than the increase in the overall amount they own, they don't pay nearly equal to what that they own, the Wall Mart family alone has more wealth than the bottom 100 million Americans and they don't pay a fraction of the tax paid by them.

Forum List

Back