The Ten Worst Presidents

Obama
Clinton
Carter
Carter was just an inept 'country boob'. He turned out to infinitely be a better 'humanitarian' than President.
He did make peace between Israel and Egypt. That was important. He made a mess of the economy and dealing with the Soviets.

Actually Nixon made a mess of the economy, Carter didn't know what to do about it.
Carter didn't know what to do about much of anything. Carter was kinda slow but I think at least he was honest and sincere. Dumb but harmless. Not like LBJ, Clinton and Obama who were all just plain evil on top of crooked.
Carter was incompetent....LBJ, Obama, and the like were carcinogenic.

According to a "US News and World Report" survey:

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

I was wondering about Richard Nixon, but I remember that he did some good things before the Watergate thing happened.

Here is the article

Wilson
FDR
Lincoln
LBJ
Bush43
Truman
Bush41
Nixon
Hoover
TR

Wow, our lists are close

Obama
Clinton
Carter
Carter was just an inept 'country boob'. He turned out to infinitely be a better 'humanitarian' than President.
He did make peace between Israel and Egypt. That was important. He made a mess of the economy and dealing with the Soviets.

Actually Nixon made a mess of the economy, Carter didn't know what to do about it.
Carter didn't know what to do about much of anything. Carter was kinda slow but I think at least he was honest and sincere. Dumb but harmless. Not like LBJ, Clinton and Obama who were all just plain evil on top of crooked.
Carter was incompetent....LBJ, Obama, and the like were carcinogenic.

Carter did a lot of damage though through that incompetence

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

I was wondering about Richard Nixon, but I remember that he did some good things before the Watergate thing happened.

Here is the article

Wilson
FDR
Lincoln
LBJ
Bush43
Truman
Bush41
Nixon
Hoover
TR

Wow, our lists are close
Fixed it a little....We recognize tyrants when we see them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

1) Lincoln - Ended consent of the governed, the fundamental basis of legitimate government
2) FDR - Ended State rights
3) Wilson - Made us policeman to the world
4) LBJ - Turned war into an economic policy
5-7) No order - Clinton, W, Obama - out of control government growth
8-10) No order - Nixon, Buchannan, Carter - weakened the country

Honorable mention - HW, Hoover

Best President?

Calvin Coolidge. The do nothing President, greatest ever
Dont forget Grover. Hundreds and hundreds of vetoes

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

1) Lincoln - Ended consent of the governed, the fundamental basis of legitimate government

Best President?

I have to admit my knowledge of 19th century Presidents isn't as great. There could definitely be some I'd escalate if I knew more about them. I don't have a good impression of Cleveland, but I'm not as clear on the details

Almost every plumber, electrician, carpenter, Brock layer, etc... lost their homes, careers and families during the Housing Bubble.

Are you still pissed at Barney Frank?
Amongst others; mostly the Rs who looked the other way.

Bullshit. It was the democrats in Congress who had been pressuring banks for years and years to float bad loans or else be pilloried as 'racist' that brought on the housing crash and all of the dominoes that followed.
Bullshit...
The software provided by the government worked and rejected applications that did not meet the requirements.

I guess you're too young to remember what has really happening then.
Let's see...
You didn't refer to Open Borders...because you know it's true.
You didn't refer to Business Visas...because you know it's true.
You didn't refer to Off-Shoring...because you know it's true.

I know full well was happening because I belong to a community that spans the entire US.
I know a few thousand people in various Jewish communities across the US that were getting their applications Rubber Stamped.
Most of them used the loans to invest in the market.
And not one R stood up to a Banker or Lender until after the crash,
Yeah, I listened to Conservative Talk Radio...Hannity, Rush and others were having orgasms over the fake "The Sky Is The Limit" economy.
After the crash, no one was prosecuted.

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

Wilson
FDR
Lincoln
LBJ
Bush43
Truman
Bush41
Nixon
Hoover
TR

Wow, our lists are close

On the diffrences, which clearly are minor:

- I have no problem adding Teddy. He did terrible things, like the trust busters. But I considered him more a mixed bag

- I thought about Truman, but I can't put my finger on what exactly he did to make the list.

My only other real comment is I'm not sure how you include Bush43 but not Clinton or Obama. The three were basically clones of each other, which is why I lumped them

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

Best President?

I have to admit my knowledge of 19th century Presidents isn't as great. There could definitely be some I'd escalate if I knew more about them. I don't have a good impression of Cleveland, but I'm not as clear on the details
He was principled and hated a bloated government. I think he had over 600 vetoes. One of his vetoes was welfare to some farmers because he "didnt want people to be self reliant on the federal government"
A true rarity

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

Wilson
FDR
Lincoln
LBJ
Bush43
Truman
Bush41
Nixon
Hoover
TR

Wow, our lists are close

- I have no problem adding Teddy. He did terrible things, like the trust busters. But I considered him more a mixed bag

- I thought about Truman, but I can't put my finger on what exactly he did to make the list.

My only other real comment is I'm not sure how you include Bush43 but not Clinton or Obama. The three were basically clones of each other, which is why I lumped them
TR: Not letting it go and getting Wilson elected.

Truman: Korea and fanning the flames of the Red Scare.

Pushed TR out to make room for Oboingo.

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

Best President?

He was principled and hated a bloated government. I think he had over 600 vetoes. One of his vetoes was welfare to some farmers because he "didnt want people to be self reliant on the federal government"
A true rarity

Ah, so you were comparing him to Coolidge, not the naughty list

Almost every plumber, electrician, carpenter, Brock layer, etc... lost their homes, careers and families during the Housing Bubble.

Bullshit. It was the democrats in Congress who had been pressuring banks for years and years to float bad loans or else be pilloried as 'racist' that brought on the housing crash and all of the dominoes that followed.
Bullshit...
The software provided by the government worked and rejected applications that did not meet the requirements.

Let's see...
You didn't refer to Open Borders.......

You must be too young to remember President Bush's comprehensive plan for immigration reform that was blocked in Congress.

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

Best President?

A true rarity

Ah, so you were comparing him to Coolidge, not the naughty list
Yes, lol. Could have been more specific.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Here is the article

Wilson
FDR
Lincoln
LBJ
Bush43
Truman
Bush41
Nixon
Hoover
TR

Wow, our lists are close

TR: Not letting it go and getting Wilson elected.

Truman: Korea and fanning the flames of the Red Scare.

Pushed TR out to make room for Oboingo.

All reasonable points, those are true

Bullshit...

Let's see...
You didn't refer to Business Visas.......

You must be too young to remember that the business visa long predates President Bush.

Bullshit...

Let's see...
You didn't refer to Off-Shoring....

That is the purview of private business.

If George W. Bush is not on this list then it is a failure of a list... I actually would drink a Beer with George W. Bush but he was horrible as President...

Patriot Act

Iraq War

Never finishing Afghanistan

The worst market collapse since The Great Depression...

So as I stated George W. Bush should be on that list...

For those that scream “ Trump “, well they are still crying about Hillary losing...

I agree that the worst President was the Honorable Abraham Lincoln.

Many scholars feel that he had no authority to force any state to stay in the Union against its will.

Maybe another President might have been able to peacefully persuade the South to eventually return to the fold.

Because of his failure, hundreds of thousands of young men unnecessarily died.

And the consequences of that war are still with us and will literally play a role in next week's elections.

Bullshit...

Let's see...
You didn't refer to Open Borders.......

You must be too young to remember President Bush's comprehensive plan for immigration reform that was blocked in Congress.
You mean the fact that GW wanted to make every Trespasser in the US (30 million or so) a US citizen because he knew that if a Democrat President did it, the Rs would never win another Presidential election.
And the US tax payer would have to legally support these 30 million with higher taxes...yeah, I remember that fiasco that every Conservative Talk Radio Host was against.

Bullshit...

Let's see...
You didn't refer to Off-Shoring....

That is the purview of private business.
No it isn't...it required legislation. And to boot, Congress gave a tax break to every corporation that off-shored.

Forum List

Back