Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

I was wondering about Richard Nixon, but I remember that he did some good things before the Watergate thing happened.

Good list except I would disagree with Tyler and Harrison. Harrison was only President for a few weeks before he died. He didn't have a chance to be either good or bad. Tyler believed in Manifest Destiny and helped make the U.S. a continental power. I think under rated. The rest, full agreement.

As for the top tier Presidents these would be mine.

Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan.

According to a "US News and World Report" survey:

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

I was wondering about Richard Nixon, but I remember that he did some good things before the Watergate thing happened.

William Henry Harrison shouldn't be on the list as he was President only 31 days.

Herbert Hoover is a victim of a bad Congress who passed the job crushing tariff bill, his mistake was to sign it into law.

Chester A, Arthur shouldn't be on the list either.

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Well if FDR. LBJ, Clinton and Obama aren't on it, that list is pure bullshit.

Abe Lincoln is credited for saving the Union but it fell apart under his watch at the cost of tens of thousands.
FDR incarcerated American citizens without due process.
JFK's ridiculous fantasy of liberating Cuba put us on the brink of nuclear war.
LBJ used a faked crisis to send troops to VN and set the rules so that we could win every battle and lose the war.
Bill Clinton was bombing a defenseless country in Europe while 9-11 terrorists were in flight school in Fla.

James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
Franklin Pierce
Warren G. Harding
William Henry Harrison
Millard Fillmore (tie)
John Tyler (tie)
Herbert Hoover
Chester A. Arthur
Benjamin Harrison

Good list except I would disagree with Tyler and Harrison. Harrison was only President for a few weeks before he died. He didn't have a chance to be either good or bad. Tyler believed in Manifest Destiny and helped make the U.S. a continental power. I think under rated. The rest, full agreement.

As for the top tier Presidents these would be mine.

Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan.
I think Abraham Lincoln is very overrated. He could have avoided war with the South by being a bit more patient and saved 600,000 lives. The Confederacy could not have lasted very long. In addition, most of the Civil War deaths were caused by disease. Lincoln could have reduced those deaths with some basic medical advice and better sanitation.

Abe Lincoln is credited for saving the Union but it fell apart under his watch at the cost of tens of thousands.
FDR incarcerated American citizens without due process.
JFK's ridiculous fantasy of liberating Cuba put us on the brink of nuclear war.
LBJ used a faked crisis to send troops to VN and set the rules so that we could win every battle and lose the war.
Bill Clinton was bombing a defenseless country in Europe while 9-11 terrorists were in flight school in Fla.
I agree. Very good.

Forum List

Back