The Senate, rather than being based on random lines drawn on a map should be based on

dcraelin

VIP Member
Sep 4, 2013
The voting power of Each Senator, rather than being based

on random lines drawn on a map, should be based on

the renewable natural resource production of each

state, using a type of Economic base analysis.

Then let's have a Constitutional Convention.

I'd be all for that.

Please do us all a favor and just shut up.

You'd actually be doing yourself a favor too

Then let's have a Constitutional Convention.

I'd be all for that.

Please do us all a favor and just shut up.

You'd actually be doing yourself a favor too

its a discussion forum...a suggestion for something that would have to come from amendment yes.....if you dont have constructive comments please just leave.

on random lines drawn on a map, should be based on the renewable natural resource production of each
:lol:
Funniest thing I'll read/hear/see today.
why?
The Senate used to represent the states; now it represents the people within the states.
You want to change that it to represent the natural resources of "some random lines drawn on a map".
Tell me: What rights are held by a vein of coal?

Because allowing the government to placate special interest groups is not enough. We need to eliminate the middle man and simply give them direct control over our freedoms.
I wonder who produces those 'renewable resources' you want to hand our government to. Oh shit, that’s right - corporations.

on random lines drawn on a map, should be based on the renewable natural resource production of each
why?
The Senate used to represent the states; now it represents the people within the states.
You want to change that it to represent the natural resources of "some random lines drawn on a map".

no, IT IS now just some random lines on a map,....maybe worse, I think some of the early states are somewhat based on the British King's gifts or grants.

government is the regulation of the relationships between people AND the use of natural resources...
This kind of split makes more sense than what we have now.

why?
Coal is not 'renewable' and therefore is baaad.
He does not want to give coal rights, just windmills and the like :D

Direct Democracy (which is what your feeble little brain is trying to allude to) doesn't work.

Never has, never will.

Because allowing the government to placate special interest groups is not enough. We need to eliminate the middle man and simply give them direct control over our freedoms.
I wonder who produces those 'renewable resources' you want to hand our government to. Oh shit, that’s right - corporations.

I think you misunderstand the post.....I dont want to hand our government to anybody..just want a Senate that makes some rational sense.

why?
Coal is not 'renewable' and therefore is baaad.
He does not want to give coal rights, just windmills and the like :D

well, put it up there for debate....but if you ad non-renewables....that means voting power would change when the mined resource ran out.

why?

no, IT IS now just some random lines on a map,....maybe worse, I think some of the early states are somewhat based on the British King's gifts or grants.

government is the regulation of the relationships between people AND the use of natural resources...
No, it does not and your idea of what government should be is completely off base. Government is there to protect the rights of PEOPLE. It is not there to ‘regulate the use of resources.’

We are not a communism where the government plays a direct role in the distribution of resources. Even then, the government exists for the people and the distribution of resource is simply an expression of that representation not a primary goal.

Direct Democracy (which is what your feeble little brain is trying to allude to) doesn't work.

Never has, never will.

this has nothing to do with a pure republic/direct democracy really ....but that has worked ...works fine as a national option in Switzerland and has for over 600 years.

why?
You fail to understand that the US is made up of 50 sovereign states, not simple areas drawn on a map.

why?

No, it does not and your idea of what government should be is completely off base. Government is there to protect the rights of PEOPLE. It is not there to ‘regulate the use of resources.’

We are not a communism where the government plays a direct role in the distribution of resources. Even then, the government exists for the people and the distribution of resource is simply an expression of that representation not a primary goal.

so u should want no Senate at all

I think you misunderstand the post.....I dont want to hand our government to anybody..just want a Senate that makes some rational sense.

Yes you do because that is exactly what you just advocated for. The amount of resource that a state or region produces is a DIRECT extension of the industry that exists there.

You essentially want the producing power of companies to be the deciding factor in representation. I can think of few other governmental structures that are more insane that that.

Forum List

Back