Zone1 Do you know that God is a refiner? He is refining YOU!

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Here are verses that demonstrate that God is indeed a refiner!

Isa 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. 16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Malachi 3:2-3 esv
But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap. 3 He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord.

1 John 3:3 esv
And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

Mark 9:49
For everyone will be salted with fire.

Hebrews 1:3 ESV
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Zechariah 13:9
And I will put this third into the fire,
and refine them as one refines silver,
and test them as gold is tested.
They will call upon my name,
and I will answer them.
I will say, ‘They are my people’;
and they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’”

1 Peter 1:7 esv
So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 1:25 esv
I will turn my hand against you and will smelt away your dross as with lye and remove all your alloy.

Isaiah 48:10 esv
Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction

Psalm 66:10 esv
For you, O God, have tested us; you have tried us as silver is tried.

Proverbs 17:3 esv
The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts.

Job 23:10 esv
But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.

Jeremiah 9:7 esv
Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts: “Behold, I will refine them and test them, for what else can I do, because of my people?

Jeremiah 6:29 esv
The bellows blow fiercely; the lead is consumed by the fire; in vain the refining goes on, for the wicked are not removed.

Proverbs 25:4 esv
Take away the dross from the silver, and the smith has material for a vessel

Revelation 19:20 YLT
and the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who did the signs before him, in which he led astray those who did receive the mark of the beast, and those who did bow before his image; living they were cast -- the two -- to the lake of the fire, that is burning with brimstone

2 Corinthians 3:18 esv
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Revelation 20:10 YLT
and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.

Revelation 3:18 esv
I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

1 Peter 5:10 esv
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Titus 2:14 esv
Who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

Ezekiel 22:18-22 esv
Son of man, the house of Israel has become dross to me; all of them are bronze and tin and iron and lead in the furnace; they are dross of silver. Therefore thus says the Lord God: Because you have all become dross, therefore, behold, I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem. As one gathers silver and bronze and iron and lead and tin into a furnace, to blow the fire on it in order to melt it, so I will gather you in my anger and in my wrath, and I will put you in and melt you. I will gather you and blow on you with the fire of my wrath, and you shall be melted in the midst of it. As silver is melted in a furnace, so you shall be melted in the midst of it, and you shall know that I am the Lord; I have poured out my wrath upon you.”
(Note: The Book of Ezekiel was written five or six hundred years before Christ appeared. Again, notice how various authors of scripture all say the same things. That is because of God!)

Psalm 12:6 esv
The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times.

Revelation 14:10 esv
He also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Show less

Here are verses that demonstrate that God is indeed a refiner!

Show less
It's happening today!
It's always occured, but I'm REALLY noticing it today.

It does mean God is still giving us the opportunity to REPENT -- to make right choices.

"Judgement must begin with the House of God"

Forum List

Back