The reason why im 35, in college and only just now married

Player35

Mar 15, 2022
This is the reason why im in college and only just now married at age 35...
Because first of all, I'm much physically stronger than any stage of my life that I have ever been in, and for my own good..
More than 4 times stronger than projected by age, and twice as strong as projected for an average large adult male.

And when I was 16 years old..
I ended up in an adult prison for a year and 8 months..
For drugs... prison...

Because that was the only viable option...
Have me arrested...
I got clean, by being very sick inside a jail cell...

And that was after teen transports arrived to take me to a rehab.

The bottom line is, nobody likes somebody like that...
And I have it on my record because I was charged as an adult...
And, it affected my education and my ability to receive one.

And you can guess why my mom wants nothing to do with me.
When I got out, I was automatically emancipated because of being charged as an adult..
My mom had no further obligation.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I was charged with one count of drug possession, and four counts of assault and battery and one count domestic violence.

Because first of all, I'm much physically stronger than any stage of my life that I have ever been in, and for my own good..
More than 4 times stronger than projected by age, and twice as strong as projected for an average large adult male.

For drugs... prison...

Have me arrested...

When I got out, I was automatically emancipated because of being charged as an adult..
Those who haven't finished high school are not able to continue their studies while in prison? I thought that if anything, only more of that kind of stuff would be dumped on a person's plate. Those who get released do have to have some kind of knowledge in order to be able to get a job once they are out. How can the authority people expect those who have records to be more productive people in the right way once they are in public again if the more helpful stuff is not in front of them while they are in jail?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

• Banned
Those who haven't finished high school are not able to continue their studies while in prison? I thought that if anything, only more of that kind of stuff would be dumped on a person's plate. Those who get released do have to have some kind of knowledge in order to be able to get a job once they are out. How can the authority people expect those who have records to be more productive people in the right way once they are in public again if the more helpful stuff is not in front of them while they are in jail?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I spent from 17 to 21 living with my dad...
When I was 19, I asked about education.

I was kind of devastated to hear that I haven't been entitled to an education since I was 16 and that under any circumstances, he can nolonger help or represent me at age 19.

That really began the long road to where I'm at today.

Why did you beat up your mother?
Because back then I was on drugs, with PTSD, in Philly.
I wasn't beaten up... as in defeated...
But I was beat ON routinely... abused...

I didn't know or care how to act... all I knew was beat em up...
Outnumbered? That's OK, take em out, clean em up.
Lol
And my getting by with it didn't help me none.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a history of making bad decisions, and continue to do so…

How is being a manager at home depot, doing what I need to do with some of what I earn to get the things I need done..
And being married to a decent fit..

A bad choice that I make now?

For drugs... prison...

Have me arrested...

I went to college almost immediately after prison. 35 is nearly too late. Employers want youth as new college educated employees not middle aged adults with higher expectations

For drugs... prison...

Have me arrested...

Who told you that it was ever going to be any different ...
Or did you actually think a different life doesn't require more effort?

People fail all the time ... Even successful people.
If the road gets rough, buckle up.

You either have what it takes or you don't ... Stick with it, and do right by the people who care for you.
Don't worry about the people who don't care, or all the crap in your past you cannot change.

Good Luck In Your Endeavors

How is being a manager at home depot, doing what I need to do with some of what I earn to get the things I need done..
And being married to a decent fit..

A bad choice that I make now?
Taking on college debt mid life is a risky proposal, assuming that YOU are actually paying it off. Couple that with signing a bad contract… Not really the best decisions…

In the first message, they say that they are married and in college now. I don't know about being married, but college can only be a step in the better direction, right?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Then again, there is an old saying that goes something like this: "Too much knowledge is a dangerous thing."

In the first message, they say that they are married and in college now. I don't know about being married, but college can only be a step in the better direction, right?

Holly

P.S. Then again, there is an old saying that goes something like this: "Too much knowledge is a dangerous thing."
Depends on the degree, and the likelihood of landing a job in that field, that allows one to promptly pay down that debt. Couple that with a criminal record, and…

Holly

College is vastly overrated and completely unnecessary for the vast majority of people. It is massively over priced and only enriches the elite while saddling the rest of us with a ticking time bomb of debt.
Doctors, lawyers etc I get.
Everything else can EASILY be learned in a trade school or with on the job training.

I took Business Mgmt & Computer Information Systems and wasted 10's of thousands on that useless shit. I did pay it off but it took FOREVER

Forum List

Back