The Real World

cuckoo bird

Rookie
Dec 5, 2020
Media out of control. They lie about the virus. It is not a pandemic or widespread. 1 out of 20 have gotten it. Just like any other flu bug. There was no need to order non-essential businesses to close. Now the media and crooked government has caused more problems with poverty, starvation, suicides, drug abuse. Get back to a normal life. Back to school. Open up the economy. Let people have freedom again.

Media out of control. They lie about the virus. It is not a pandemic or widespread. 1 out of 20 have gotten it. Just like any other flu bug. There was no need to order non-essential businesses to close. Now the media and crooked government has caused more problems with poverty, starvation, suicides, drug abuse. Get back to a normal life. Back to school. Open up the economy. Let people have freedom again.

The real world. 283K dead. 18+ million infections. A highly contagious virus that's a crapshoot on what it will do to you. An almost non-existent and thoroughly incompetent response to the pandemic from the word go from the current occupant of the WH. Governors, mayors, and business leaders having to step in and make the tough decisions. 7% unemployment (down from a high of 20%), thousands of businesses that will never open their doors again, millions laid off, Congress dicking around with relief packages (the deficit hawks return to the nest).

But sure, let's blame the media and open everything back up. It's a disaster right now. May as well make it a calamity.

The real world. 283K dead. 18+ million infections. A highly contagious virus that's a crapshoot on what it will do to you. An almost non-existent and thoroughly incompetent response to the pandemic from the word go from the current occupant of the WH. Governors, mayors, and business leaders having to step in and make the tough decisions. 7% unemployment (down from a high of 20%), thousands of businesses that will never open their doors again, millions laid off, Congress dicking around with relief packages (the deficit hawks return to the nest).

But sure, let's blame the media and open everything back up. It's a disaster right now. May as well make it a calamity.
not a crap shoot at all,, for 80% its just another flu and less than 5% it could be serious but not fatal,,,

the real devastation is coming from the lockdowns and restrictions that are destroying millions of lives as well as our constitution,,,

It's not like any other flu. In the 2018-19 flu season there were ~34,200 deaths in the U.S..

Estimated Influenza Illnesses, Medical visits, Hospitalizations & Deaths in the U.S.- 2018–19 Flu Season

On the other hand there have been 284,887 deaths from Covid and the "season" is lasting much longer.

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

THREAD FAIL!!!

It's not like any other flu. In the 2018-19 flu season there were ~34,200 deaths in the U.S..

Estimated Influenza Illnesses, Medical visits, Hospitalizations & Deaths in the U.S.- 2018–19 Flu Season

On the other hand there have been 284,887 deaths from Covid and the "season" is lasting much longer.

THREAD FAIL!!!
those are fake numbers,,,

those are fake numbers,
What are the right ones and what are your sources? I'll take JHU's word over what some rando has to say.

not a crap shoot at all,, for 80% its just another flu and less than 5% it could be serious but not fatal,,,

the real devastation is coming from the lockdowns and restrictions that are destroying millions of lives as well as our constitution,,,

Lockdowns and restrictions that wouldn't be necessary if people could just be bothered to do the right thing in the way of minimal precautions until there are enough people vaccinated. This ain't just another flu.

those are fake numbers,
What are the right ones and what are your sources? I'll take JHU's word over what some rando has to say.
we will never know the real numbers,, but we can see whats going on around us and I have yet to see deaths in those numbers,,,

in fact I've known dozens that have had it including me and only one death and he had serious underlying conditions that led to it,,,

Lockdowns and restrictions that wouldn't be necessary if people could just be bothered to do the right thing in the way of minimal precautions until there are enough people vaccinated. This ain't just another flu.
you know sheep spend their whole life fearing the wolf when in the end its the shepherd that kills and eats them,,,

if yur scared stay home and let the rest of us live our lives,,,

you know sheep spend their whole life fearing the wolf when in the end its the shepherd that kills and eats them,,,

If you won't practice at least the minimum precautions recommended by...oh...everybody, then stay at home. Your right to individual liberty..ends at the tip of your nose. You don't have the right to infringe on other people's liberty. I've been out and about since the end of May.

those are fake numbers,
we will never know the real numbers,, but we can see whats going on around us and I have yet to see deaths in those numbers,,,in fact I've known dozens that have had it including me and only one death and he had serious underlying conditions that led to it,
That's what's called 'anecdotal evidence' and isn't worth 2 cents against the rigorous science done at Hopkins.

If you won't practice at least the minimum precautions recommended by...oh...everybody, then stay at home. Your right to individual liberty..ends at the tip of your nose. You don't have the right to infringe on other people's liberty. I've been out and about since the end of May.
when you can prove I'm a threat to others I might listen to you,, until then my life is mine to live not yours to dictate too,,,

those are fake numbers,
we will never know the real numbers,, but we can see whats going on around us and I have yet to see deaths in those numbers,,,in fact I've known dozens that have had it including me and only one death and he had serious underlying conditions that led to it,
That's what's called 'anecdotal evidence' and isn't worth 2 cents against the rigorous science done at Hopkins.
you are free to believe what you want just like I am free to live my life as I see fit,,,

but nothing changes on the ground facts,,

those are fake numbers,
you are free to believe what you want just like I am free to live my life as I see fit,,,but nothing changes on the ground facts,,
Now you've moved the goalposts and changed the argument to "I want to do whatever I want". IMO, that's a very immature attitude, considering how many people have died. Even if you don't believe the total, it's still a lot more than we see during a normal flu season. This is NOT the flu. Any molecular geneticist can tell you that.

This is a wimp virus with a 99.6 percent recovery rate. The only disaster is in the liberal media who are pushing their agenda. This is nothing compared to the spanish flu. Lol.

Mortality rate just dropped again for US, now 1.8%. Only 4% of the US infected.

those are fake numbers,
you are free to believe what you want just like I am free to live my life as I see fit,,,but nothing changes on the ground facts,,
Now you've moved the goalposts and changed the argument to "I want to do whatever I want". IMO, that's a very immature attitude, considering how many people have died. Even if you don't believe the total, it's still a lot more than we see during a normal flu season. This is NOT the flu. Any molecular geneticist can tell you that.
at least its a goalpost we can see and prove,,,,

I agree its a little more severe than the normal flu whatever that means,,,

Leftist depression and tears as vaccine arrives. "Vaccine is the last thing we need". Lol.

Swing and a miss. Not what the article says. They're just pointing out that most people aren't getting the vaccine anytime soon and
precautions still need to be taken. Demand is going to outstrip supply for at least six months.

Leftist depression and tears as vaccine arrives. "Vaccine is the last thing we need". Lol.

Swing and a miss. Not what the article says. They're just pointing out that most people aren't getting the vaccine anytime soon and
precautions still need to be taken. Demand is going to outstrip supply for at least six months.

No, you're wrong. MSNBC doens't want this to end. They thrive on division, hate, racism, negativity, anti america, etc.

Forum List

Back