The real – and far scarier – reason Republicans think Biden is illegitimate

I am not aware of any democracy where rape is legal.
You're missing the point. Or rather, steering awkwardly around it. What we're wondering is how far you'd take majority rule. All you have to say is, "no, rape should be illegal, regardless of what the majority says." But you can't, and that's disturbing.

I have never liked it. The fact that sometimes the majority makes the right decision doesn't mean it never makes the wrong decision. The majority makes the wrong decision in almost every election.

You problem is that you assume some people have to impose their agenda on others. In a free country no one rules over others.

You are either a communist or an autocrat. You have no concept of a democratic form of government.

‘Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…’
Winston S Churchill, 11 November 1947

I am not aware of any democracy where rape is legal. Why dont you come back to planet earth and deal with actual facts rather than nonsense.

A democracy doesn't guarantee any particular outcome. That is why the US Constitution didn't allow for election of the president by pure democracy (direct vote), but instead made it like the parliamentary election of a prime minister.

this is a quite scary article. The author pushes the theory that most republicans dont actually believe in the big lie that trump has been pushing..

They undertand its value with stuid people but they realise that if there had been any evidencewe would have seen it by now.

The real reson they think Biden isnt legit is somply that he believes in different things to them. That is really scary.They have a narow limited view on what the US should look like and are not prepared to to accept a different point of view.

there are other names for this but I will leave them to one side for now. Have a look at the article and tell me what you think.
Unfortunately this view has been proclaimed a number times on this forum.. It comes int he shape if you are a Democrat your vote should count as much as a Republican.

This is the constant view that poorer shouldn't get the same access as richer... It should be easier to vote in rural areas than urban...

They show maps of counties and which voted Red, they think that this means they should win even though more people live in the Urban areas...

Basically they insist rural vote is more important than a urban one...

This explain why Wyoming has two senators while it has a population that wouldn't break the top 100 counties in US... the bottom 2.5% population has 20% of the senators and that favours rural voters, the top 65% are only represented by 20% too and they are more urban states... This is not democracy and they don't care...

They show maps of counties and which voted Red, they think that this means they should win even though more people live in the Urban areas...

They think that leaders should be elected by the land, and not by the people. That one man standing in one acre, should have the same voting power as 100 men, standing in an acre.

Unfortunately this view has been proclaimed a number times on this forum.. It comes int he shape if you are a Democrat your vote should count as much as a Republican.

This is the constant view that poorer shouldn't get the same access as richer... It should be easier to vote in rural areas than urban...

This explain why Wyoming has two senators while it has a population that wouldn't break the top 100 counties in US... the bottom 2.5% population has 20% of the senators and that favours rural voters, the top 65% are only represented by 20% too and they are more urban states... This is not democracy and they don't care...

Voting is easy. You show up with an ID and maybe a registration card, stand in line, and vote.

He wants to take away your vote. People dies to protect that.
I figured you'd evade - that's why I specifically asked what was "unamerican" about what you responded to:

I have never liked it. The fact that sometimes the majority makes the right decision doesn't mean it never makes the wrong decision. The majority makes the wrong decision in almost every election.

You problem is that you assume some people have to impose their agenda on others. In a free country no one rules over others."
I wasn't referring to what you imagine he might want.

The recognition that democracy is flawed and needs constitutional limits is a core American value.

Thats just mental. Look up Rotten Boroughs.

I figured you'd evade - that's why I specifically asked what was "unamerican" about what you responded to:

The recognition that democracy is flawed and needs constitutional limits is a core American value.
very system is flawed and there are checks and balances already in place. But it should never start at the point where people are denied their vote.

very system is flawed and there are checks and balances already in place. But it should never start at the point where people are denied their vote.
Agreed. I'm not interested in denying anyone an equal right to vote. The problem is that democracy has far too much power. That's why everyone is so desperate to control the process, to tweak the rules in their favor.

You are either a communist or an autocrat. You have no concept of a democratic form of government.

‘Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…’
Winston S Churchill, 11 November 1947
Sure I do. Democracy is a terrible form of government. All government is evil. That's why we should have as little of it as possible.

Tell me which of the following statements is not true:
  1. Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.
  2. A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.
  3. Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Sure I do. Democracy is a terrible form of government. All government is evil. That's why we should have as little of it as possible.

Tell me which of the following statements is not true:
  1. Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.
  2. A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.
  3. Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
Notice that no one has dared to contradict any of the claims in my prior post.

A democracy needs an opposition of some kind. Voting should be for grown ups not the mentally unstable.

You mean like all those college kids that had to be provided with quiet rooms where they could cry together?

I agree, they are too unstable to vote.

Forum List

Back