The real difference between Republicans and Democrats

I would say 80% of Americans by definition are constitutionalists...... it's the 10% on the far left and the 10% on the far right with the loudest voices screwing everything up.
Which constitution? The living or the dead one.

On the Democratic side, can you delineate what laws that limit the ability of people to live as they choose. Because on the republic side we all know which ones have their rights curtailed.
You're kidding, right?

1. All sorts of gun control.
2. Forced Covid injections.
3. Banning Church-going while keeping strip clubs open.
4. Housing policies requiring cities to put public housing in virtually every suburb across red states - but not Martha's Vineyard.
5. Taxing at the Federal Government level to give money back to the States for failing public schools and going to court to prevent use of that tax money to send poor inner city children to private schools or schools of the parent's choice - and while sending their own children to private schools.

Honestly, I could keep this up all night long but it's one o'clock in the morning and I'm not planning on being up all night.

I would say 80% of Americans by definition are constitutionalists ( whether they realize it or not)...... it's the 10% on the far left and the 10% on the far right with the loudest voices screwing everything up.
I don't believe that two per cent of the population are constitutionalists - not even on the right. There might be a few percentage points higher than two per cent who claim to be constitutionalists but they're not even close to being so.

Being a constitutionalist has nothing to do with being on the left or the right; someone on either side could be constitutionalist. For instance, a constitutionalist liberal might support social welfare systems at the state level, or even through charities such as churches and community organizations but object to social welfare at the Federal level because it's not an enumerated power. Guess what? A constitutionalist on the right might support social welfare systems at the state level, or even through charities such as churches and community organizations but object to social welfare at the Federal level because it's not an enumerated power.

In general, I believe, conservatives are more likely to be constitutionalists because Democrats are just to fundamentally dishonest in their beliefs but it's not an impossible thing to be a Democrat and a constitutionalist. You probably noticed I referred to conservatives on one side but on the other I said Democrats rather than the more obvious corollary of liberals. That's because that, as far as I am aware, there are no liberals who are not Democrats and the lying that goes with being a Democrat overpowers their social liberalism.

For instance, a liberal would want a black child to have the same opportunity to a good education as have white children but their love of Democratic party makes them against school choice. A liberal would want women and little girls protected from rape in Mexico but their love of Democratic party makes them turn a blind eye to the hundreds of thousands of women, and hundreds of thousands of children, raped in Mexico or sold into sexual slavery in the US because they need those immigrants here to give birth to future Democrat voters.

Back to the percentages:
90% of Americans support unconstitutional mandatory background checks to exercise constitutional rights as do 69% of NRA members and 78% of gun owners not members of the NRA.

58% of Americans want a Federal law recognizing some right to privacy (which I could go along with, done correctly) including a right for a woman to kill her children by abortion, which is clearly NOT a protected right under the Constitution, therefore it's not a power or authority of the Federal Government.

46% of Americans overall, and 56% of American parents of school-age children want more Federal Government involvement in education even though education is not an enumerated power of the Federal Government.

Like in another post I responded to a few minutes ago, I could keep this up all night but it's after one o'clock in the morning and I'm not planning on being up all night to keep it up.

I don't believe that two per cent of the population are constitutionalists - not even on the right. There might be a few percentage points higher than two per cent who claim to be constitutionalists but they're not even close to being so.

Being a constitutionalist has nothing to do with being on the left or the right; someone on either side could be constitutionalist. For instance, a constitutionalist liberal might support social welfare systems at the state level, or even through charities such as churches and community organizations but object to social welfare at the Federal level because it's not an enumerated power. Guess what? A constitutionalist on the right might support social welfare systems at the state level, or even through charities such as churches and community organizations but object to social welfare at the Federal level because it's not an enumerated power.

In general, I believe, conservatives are more likely to be constitutionalists because Democrats are just to fundamentally dishonest in their beliefs but it's not an impossible thing to be a Democrat and a constitutionalist. You probably noticed I referred to conservatives on one side but on the other I said Democrats rather than the more obvious corollary of liberals. That's because that, as far as I am aware, there are no liberals who are not Democrats and the lying that goes with being a Democrat overpowers their social liberalism.

For instance, a liberal would want a black child to have the same opportunity to a good education as have white children but their love of Democratic party makes them against school choice. A liberal would want women and little girls protected from rape in Mexico but their love of Democratic party makes them turn a blind eye to the hundreds of thousands of women, and hundreds of thousands of children, raped in Mexico or sold into sexual slavery in the US because they need those immigrants here to give birth to future Democrat voters.

Back to the percentages:
90% of Americans support unconstitutional mandatory background checks to exercise constitutional rights as do 69% of NRA members and 78% of gun owners not members of the NRA.

58% of Americans want a Federal law recognizing some right to privacy (which I could go along with, done correctly) including a right for a woman to kill her children by abortion, which is clearly NOT a protected right under the Constitution, therefore it's not a power or authority of the Federal Government.

46% of Americans overall, and 56% of American parents of school-age children want more Federal Government involvement in education even though education is not an enumerated power of the Federal Government.

Like in another post I responded to a few minutes ago, I could keep this up all night but it's after one o'clock in the morning and I'm not planning on being up all night to keep it up.
Let me rephrase my statement.
80% of the well informed Americans are constitutionalists, which all in all probably puts it under under 5% like you said.

Yeah, sure.

Are you assuming all republics would ignore facts to be a sycophant. To deny people justice based on political bias.

Aren't you special.
No. I know Democrats are scumbags who ignore facts. The only thing they care about is political power. If you have a jury that's over half black, then it's guaranteed to vote for the indictment of Republicans.

No. I know Democrats are scumbags who ignore facts. The only thing they care about is political power. If you have a jury that's over half black, then it's guaranteed to vote for the indictment of Republicans.
How do you know this? Yeah, YOU would do it, so you claim others do to justify your bias.

BS. Republicans want an autocratic theocracy. And states do not have supremacy, federal law is the supreme law of this land and all states rights did was make Apartheid possoble in America.

You are incorrect. I’ll give you that religious people would love to have their ideas be the law, but that’s why we have checks in place to prevent that.

You look at what’s in the news and you think that’s how everyone on the right things. Most of them just want to be left alone and don’t care what anyone else does. That’s “real America”, not the hyped up stuff you see on your favorite lefty tv shows.

And states do not have supremacy, federal law is the supreme law of this land

No..the constitution is the law of the land. “Federal law” that goes awry of the constitution is wrong. The cotus says exactly what the federal government can do and not do, and it says everything else is up to the states and the people.

The federal government was never supposed to be this giant thing it is today. It is only that because the elected officials just seized more power from the citizen and now, people view the federal government as “the ruler of the states”. It’s not supposed to be that way…why yes, I recall somewhere that then government was supposed to serve the people…not the other way around. I swear I heard that somewhere before…

You are incorrect. I’ll give you that religious people would love to have their ideas be the law, but that’s why we have checks in place to prevent that.

You look at what’s in the news and you think that’s how everyone on the right things. Most of them just want to be left alone and don’t care what anyone else does. That’s “real America”, not the hyped up stuff you see on your favorite lefty tv shows.

No..the constitution is the law of the land. “Federal law” that goes awry of the constitution is wrong. The cotus says exactly what the federal government can do and not do, and it says everything else is up to the states and the people.

The federal government was never supposed to be this giant thing it is today. It is only that because the elected officials just seized more power from the citizen and now, people view the federal government as “the ruler of the states”. It’s not supposed to be that way…why yes, I recall somewhere that then government was supposed to serve the people…not the other way around. I swear I heard that somewhere before…
The U.S. constitution is the supreme law of the land. Not state constitutions and Republicans are all about autocracy and theocracy.

You must not have heard Mitch McConnell when he said that Republicans can spend as much taxpayer money, generate as much debt, as they want and the Republicans still won't vote them out of office - paraphrased but fundamentally correct, and he was right. So, no, Republicans don't want smaller government. Constitutionalists, and there are very, very, few of us, want smaller government. Both branches of the uniparty want as much government as they can possibly force upon us.

Anarchists want no government so some might think that they win the small government war but then you just get thug government, even if not an official government, so in reality, they lose.

So, don’t paraphrase, post the actual quote.

also, you’re talking about politicians. They aren’t “real Americans”. They are the political class who want, above all else, money and power. Of course they are going to spend money like there is no tomorrow…that’s how Washington works.

If you want to see real America, go into the rural areas and suburbs, where people of all walks of life want to just live their lives and are not really concerned about politics.

The U.S. constitution is the supreme law of the land. Not state constitutions and Republicans are all about autocracy and theocracy.

The U.S. constitution is the supreme law of the land
I could not agree more..so let’s look at what the supreme law of the land says:

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

So, what are the delegated powers?

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

So, don’t paraphrase, post the actual quote.

also, you’re talking about politicians. They aren’t “real Americans”. They are the political class who want, above all else, money and power. Of course they are going to spend money like there is no tomorrow…that’s how Washington works.

If you want to see real America, go into the rural areas and suburbs, where people of all walks of life want to just live their lives and are not really concerned about politics.
Hilarious

Forum List

Back