The problem with homosexuality and Christianity is you have to choose one or the other

You act as if I am making this all up. No, Murder, Adultery, Homosexuality, and Bestiality are all Abominations according to scripture. In Leviticus 20 as revealed to Moses by Jesus Christ himself, Homosexuality is an abomination.

Leviticus 20

1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God.
8 And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the Lord which sanctify you.
9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another manā€™s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbourā€™s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
11 And the man that lieth with his fatherā€™s wife hath uncovered his fatherā€™s nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.
16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
17 And if a man shall take his sister, his fatherā€™s daughter, or his motherā€™s daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sisterā€™s nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.
18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.
19 And thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy motherā€™s sister, nor of thy fatherā€™s sister: for he uncovereth his near kin: they shall bear their iniquity.
20 And if a man shall lie with his uncleā€™s wife, he hath uncovered his uncleā€™s nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless.
21 And if a man shall take his brotherā€™s wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brotherā€™s nakedness; they shall be childless.
22 Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out.
23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
24 But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.
25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.
26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.
27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

This was the old testament law given to Moses by the Great I AM, Jehovah, even Jesus Christ himself. Jesus didn't become a world traveler before his mission in Israel. Jesus wasn't taught by the world but was taught from on high by his Father in Heaven. He made no mistakes and lived a life without sin. Jesus' mission while on this earth was unto the House of Israel. He didn't go off teaching to the Gentile or other heathen nations.

Luke 2:43-52
43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a dayā€™s journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Fatherā€™s business?
50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Here Jesus at the very young age of 12 was taking directions directly from his Father in Heaven and thus he was about his Father's business. All that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Matthew 15:22-28
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the childrenā€™s bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their mastersā€™ table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Later it was given unto Paul the Apostle and others to take the gospel unto the Gentiles. Jesus was called to come and teach his gospel unto the house of Israel and later it was to go unto the Gentiles. Jesus was sent to teach his gospel to the House of Israel and not to receive the teachings of men.

Your complaint is not against me but against Jesus himself. You profess to know Jesus but you understand little about who he was and what he taught. Jesus was the God of the Old Testament who taught against homosexuality and made it a capital offense in the days of Moses. Jesus came to fulfill his law and not to do away with it. Jesus is the creator of this world and the Savior of it. It is his teachings that we should follow for He is the one who will stand as the judge in the day of judgement and the murderer, thief, adulterer, homosexual, etc who do not repent and forsake their sins will not find their abode in the kingdom of heaven because they are not willing to abide by the celestial law of the gospel which is the law of his kingdom. Your understanding of Jesus is not in line with the teachings of Jesus in the Bible. Jesus loves the sinner, but hates their sins. He suffered and died so that we could repent and find forgiveness of our sins. Homosexuality has been layed out by the Lord as an abomination.

According to Webster's dictionary, abomination is defined as such:

abomination​

noun
abomĀ·iĀ·naĀ·tion | \ ə-ĖŒbƤ-mə-Ėˆnā-shən \

Definition of abomination

1: something regarded with disgust or hatred : something abominable
considered war an abomination
2: extreme disgust and hatred : LOATHING a crime regarded with abomination

That is how the Lord Jesus feels about the sin of homosexuality among other sins. He love and hopes the sinner would repent of his abomination but will execute judgement upon the unrepentant sinners.
That is what the religion named after Jesus says about homosexuality using Old testament tribal laws to base it on. If this was such a serious issue how come Jesus never addressed it at all. Wake up already you've been had for over 2,000 years and it is sickening.

How convenient you are a heterosexual condemning homosexuals. Lucky to be you. You don't see any problem with that.
Like I said in an earlier post, it is not me that you are really angry at but God himself because he doesn't condone your wicked practice. All I can say to you is that if you wish to gain the kingdom of heaven, you will need to repent of this abomination and turn unto the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness. I know the world we live in today gives you a pat on the back but I am just telling you what God and our Lord Jesus Christ have taught on the subject and I believe it to be true. You can hate me for not buying into the fallacy of the world but I trust God more than the worldly philosophies of men. I don't condemn the sinner. That is not my place. I simply let you know that God condemn the unholy practice of homosexuality and that if you wish to gain the kingdom of heaven, God has provided a means for you to repent and gain forgiveness of sin and an entrance into his kingdom. I only stand as a warning voice for what the Lord has already declared through his servants, the prophets.

That is what the religion named after Jesus says about homosexuality using Old testament tribal laws to base it on. If this was such a serious issue how come Jesus never addressed it at all. Wake up already you've been had for over 2,000 years and it is sickening.
So you don't believe that God uses his Apostles and Prophets to declare his words? Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ preached against homosexuality in the 1st chapter of Romans. Jesus was the God of the Old Testament and it was he who taught against it in the Old Testament. You can deny it all you want to try and feel secure in your lifestyle, but God will be the judge of all at his coming and I think it is something you ought study a little more carefully before throwing it all out the window as you have done here on this blog.

Like I said in an earlier post, it is not me that you are really angry at but God himself because he doesn't condone your wicked practice. All I can say to you is that if you wish to gain the kingdom of heaven, you will need to repent of this abomination and turn unto the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness. I know the world we live in today gives you a pat on the back but I am just telling you what God and our Lord Jesus Christ have taught on the subject and I believe it to be true. You can hate me for not buying into the fallacy of the world but I trust God more than the worldly philosophies of men. I don't condemn the sinner. That is not my place. I simply let you know that God condemn the unholy practice of homosexuality and that if you wish to gain the kingdom of heaven, God has provided a means for you to repent and gain forgiveness of sin and an entrance into his kingdom. I only stand as a warning voice for what the Lord has already declared through his servants, the prophets.
Anger ? No I pity people like you. You choose to believe in a fake god like that. A real cock would not be this ignorant about all that it created. And you know you're going to speak cuz you made him in your own image.

So you don't believe that God uses his Apostles and Prophets to declare his words? Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ preached against homosexuality in the 1st chapter of Romans. Jesus was the God of the Old Testament and it was he who taught against it in the Old Testament. You can deny it all you want to try and feel secure in your lifestyle, but God will be the judge of all at his coming and I think it is something you ought study a little more carefully before throwing it all out the window as you have done here on this blog.
Absolutely not, they were weak and they corrupted his words. That allowed hatred and ignorance into religion. That is the only basis for such horrible prejudices. In the past it was a unifying Factor, in today's world such ignorance cannot be tolerated, let alone practiced.

I believe Jesus was a man who learned a very good philosophy and preached it. Everything else the so-called Christian religion preaches other than love and peace is extraneous and harmful.

You act as if I am making this all up. No, Murder, Adultery, Homosexuality, and Bestiality are all Abominations according to scripture. In Leviticus 20 as revealed to Moses by Jesus Christ himself, Homosexuality is an abomination.

Leviticus 20

1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God.
8 And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the Lord which sanctify you.
9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another manā€™s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbourā€™s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
11 And the man that lieth with his fatherā€™s wife hath uncovered his fatherā€™s nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.
16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
17 And if a man shall take his sister, his fatherā€™s daughter, or his motherā€™s daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sisterā€™s nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.
18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.
19 And thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy motherā€™s sister, nor of thy fatherā€™s sister: for he uncovereth his near kin: they shall bear their iniquity.
20 And if a man shall lie with his uncleā€™s wife, he hath uncovered his uncleā€™s nakedness: they shall bear their sin; they shall die childless.
21 And if a man shall take his brotherā€™s wife, it is an unclean thing: he hath uncovered his brotherā€™s nakedness; they shall be childless.
22 Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out.
23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
24 But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.
25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.
26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.
27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

This was the old testament law given to Moses by the Great I AM, Jehovah, even Jesus Christ himself. Jesus didn't become a world traveler before his mission in Israel. Jesus wasn't taught by the world but was taught from on high by his Father in Heaven. He made no mistakes and lived a life without sin. Jesus' mission while on this earth was unto the House of Israel. He didn't go off teaching to the Gentile or other heathen nations.

Luke 2:43-52
43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a dayā€™s journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Fatherā€™s business?
50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Here Jesus at the very young age of 12 was taking directions directly from his Father in Heaven and thus he was about his Father's business. All that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Matthew 15:22-28
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the childrenā€™s bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their mastersā€™ table.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Later it was given unto Paul the Apostle and others to take the gospel unto the Gentiles. Jesus was called to come and teach his gospel unto the house of Israel and later it was to go unto the Gentiles. Jesus was sent to teach his gospel to the House of Israel and not to receive the teachings of men.

Your complaint is not against me but against Jesus himself. You profess to know Jesus but you understand little about who he was and what he taught. Jesus was the God of the Old Testament who taught against homosexuality and made it a capital offense in the days of Moses. Jesus came to fulfill his law and not to do away with it. Jesus is the creator of this world and the Savior of it. It is his teachings that we should follow for He is the one who will stand as the judge in the day of judgement and the murderer, thief, adulterer, homosexual, etc who do not repent and forsake their sins will not find their abode in the kingdom of heaven because they are not willing to abide by the celestial law of the gospel which is the law of his kingdom. Your understanding of Jesus is not in line with the teachings of Jesus in the Bible. Jesus loves the sinner, but hates their sins. He suffered and died so that we could repent and find forgiveness of our sins. Homosexuality has been layed out by the Lord as an abomination.

According to Webster's dictionary, abomination is defined as such:

abomination​

noun
abomĀ·iĀ·naĀ·tion | \ ə-ĖŒbƤ-mə-Ėˆnā-shən \

Definition of abomination

1: something regarded with disgust or hatred : something abominable
considered war an abomination
2: extreme disgust and hatred : LOATHING a crime regarded with abomination

That is how the Lord Jesus feels about the sin of homosexuality among other sins. He love and hopes the sinner would repent of his abomination but will execute judgement upon the unrepentant sinners.
I assure you Jesus would never forment hatred and misunderstanding towards anyone. It was the exact opposite of the philosophy he taught. Judge not. Love thine enemy. What you are preaching does not help mankind at all. It destroys it. And above all Jesus taught a philosophy where we all could live together in peace and harmony. The greatest sin is judging others. I don't like comes from contempt for them. It is not desirable and definitely not positive.

who says Jesus did not directly address the issue?

It says in the Word that If all that Jesus did and said were written down, all the books in the world could not contain it all

I assure you Jesus would never forment hatred and misunderstanding towards anyone.
One time Jesus showed St Faustina (not then a saint but anyhow) the souls in Purgatory who were suffering bc they weren't in Heaven yet, had to suffer the ill effects of their sins a little longer.. and He told her

"My Mercy does not want this but My Justice requires it"

Jesus loves homosexuals... enough to want them to give up homosexuality (so as to avoid Hell).

who says Jesus did not directly address the issue?

It says in the Word that If all that Jesus did and said were written down, all the books in the world could not contain it all
If only his words are in the Bible that would be great. Unfortunately there's so many different authors on so many different subjects it confuses people. Plus there's a lot of words purportedly spoken by Jesus that he never spoke.. it's either that or the fabricators of the Bible simply give a very poor job of conveying his message. It's so upset Thomas Jefferson he made his own Bible.

If only his words are in the Bible that would be great. Unfortunately there's so many different authors on so many different subjects it confuses people. Plus there's a lot of words purportedly spoken by Jesus that he never spoke.. it's either that or the fabricators of the Bible simply give a very poor job of conveying his message. It's so upset Thomas Jefferson he made his own Bible.
Thomas Jefferson was not Catholic. He did the kind of thing that many who are disconnected from the Original Church do..

Jesus gave us the Catholic Church (original Church, only real Church) so as to clear up confusion that would result when humans read the Bible-- and other reasons.

What u describe is only what happens when humans are left to their own sinful devices

ie: when they are outside Christ's true Church (pre-Vatican II)

Thomas Jefferson was not Catholic. He did the kind of thing that many who are disconnected from the Original Church do..

Jesus gave us the Catholic Church (original Church, only real Church) so as to clear up confusion that would result when humans read the Bible-- and other reasons.

What u describe is only what happens when humans are left to their own sinful devices

ie: when they are outside Christ's true Church (pre-Vatican II)
Reversion I heard when I was growing up as a kid was St Peter founded the Catholic Church and it was the first pope. I didn't know Jesus founded it. When did he travel to Rome ? Lately I've heard discussions at the Catholic Church didn't even form each other first or second century and Peter was never the first pope. Go figure you can't even trust history. I guess it's the same reason you can't trust the Bible. Life goes on no matter what. Change is the only thing that is for certain. If you have faith like I do, death is just another illusion of this life.

Reversion I heard when I was growing up as a kid was St Peter founded the Catholic Church and it was the first pope. I didn't know Jesus founded it. When did he travel to Rome ? Lately I've heard discussions at the Catholic Church didn't even form each other first or second century and Peter was never the first pope. Go figure you can't even trust history. I guess it's the same reason you can't trust the Bible. Life goes on no matter what. Change is the only thing that is for certain. If you have faith like I do, death is just another illusion of this life.
As to that last thing, it makes NO sense to live in this world and go through all that u go through.. and everyone goes through hell or purgatory in this life, and then in the end, after all that: It means nothing? That makes NO sense. And God makessense or He isn't God (which is not to say we always u/stand Him... hardly. We are human/sinful)

If you want to understandCatholicism, take a RCIA class. I can't answer all your Qs. Go there and ask all the Qs your heart desires. Usually, there are refreshments also :) and you can socialize with others who have Qs

John gave us the following information regard our Father in Heaven at the time he wrote it.

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Here John tells us that up to the time he wrote this that no man had at any time seen God the Father. Yet when we read the Old Testament we know that the God of the Old Testament was seen by many of the Prophets:

Exodus 6:2-3
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

So if the God of the Old Testament that appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses was not God the Father, then who was it? The God of the Old Testament was known as the great I AM and also God Almighty, and Jehovah. In a conversation with the Pharisees, Jesus taught that he was the great I AM.

John 8:52-59
52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Here the Jews sought to stone him for claiming that he was the great I AM. To the prophet Isaiah, the Lord God of the Old Testament proclaimed:

Isaiah 43:11
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Here the God of the Old Testament is proclaiming that he is the Savior. The prophet Hosea received the same revelation:

Hosea 13:4
4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

When the creation of the earth occurred, both God the Father and Jesus Christ contemplated the creation of man:

Genesis 1:26
26 Ā¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Notice the plural of "Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness". When God created man he created them in image of both the Father and the Son. It was Jesus who created the earth and man upon it in his own image and likeness. He is the God of the Old Testament. The Father commissioned him to create all things and to be his word unto the prophets in this world. It was Jesus who appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses and who is the Savior of mankind. It was Jesus who spoke face to face with Moses and proclaimed his law which is recorded in the 20th chapter of Leviticus where he teaches that man should not lie with mankind as he does with womankind. No man had seen the Father up to the time John spoke of it. It was Jesus who was and is the great I AM and Jehovah as he proclaimed to the Pharisees. Jesus was the perfect revelation of the Father unto mankind and through him God created this earth and created mankind and He is our Savior as well.

As to that last thing, it makes NO sense to live in this world and go through all that u go through.. and everyone goes through hell or purgatory in this life, and then in the end, after all that: It means nothing? That makes NO sense. And God makessense or He isn't God (which is not to say we always u/stand Him... hardly. We are human/sinful)

If you want to understandCatholicism, take a RCIA class. I can't answer all your Qs. Go there and ask all the Qs your heart desires. Usually, there are refreshments also :) and you can socialize with others who have Qs
Thanks, but no thanks. Already asked myself all the questions that I needed to come to a rational conclusion.

John gave us the following information regard our Father in Heaven at the time he wrote it.

John 1:18
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Here John tells us that up to the time he wrote this that no man had at any time seen God the Father. Yet when we read the Old Testament we know that the God of the Old Testament was seen by many of the Prophets:

Exodus 6:2-3
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

So if the God of the Old Testament that appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses was not God the Father, then who was it? The God of the Old Testament was known as the great I AM and also God Almighty, and Jehovah. In a conversation with the Pharisees, Jesus taught that he was the great I AM.

John 8:52-59
52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Here the Jews sought to stone him for claiming that he was the great I AM. To the prophet Isaiah, the Lord God of the Old Testament proclaimed:

Isaiah 43:11
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Here the God of the Old Testament is proclaiming that he is the Savior. The prophet Hosea received the same revelation:

Hosea 13:4
4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

When the creation of the earth occurred, both God the Father and Jesus Christ contemplated the creation of man:

Genesis 1:26
26 Ā¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Notice the plural of "Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness". When God created man he created them in image of both the Father and the Son. It was Jesus who created the earth and man upon it in his own image and likeness. He is the God of the Old Testament. The Father commissioned him to create all things and to be his word unto the prophets in this world. It was Jesus who appeared unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses and who is the Savior of mankind. It was Jesus who spoke face to face with Moses and proclaimed his law which is recorded in the 20th chapter of Leviticus where he teaches that man should not lie with mankind as he does with womankind. No man had seen the Father up to the time John spoke of it. It was Jesus who was and is the great I AM and Jehovah as he proclaimed to the Pharisees. Jesus was the perfect revelation of the Father unto mankind and through him God created this earth and created mankind and He is our Savior as well.
Perfection is not achievable in this world. When your spirit leaves this world you will discover the same truth is universal in all worlds. Perfection is an ideal that is never achievable.

Perfection is not achievable in this world. When your spirit leaves this world you will discover the same truth is universal in all worlds. Perfection is an ideal that is never achievable.
Why then would Jesus have taught the following:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Did he tell us to do the impossible?

Why then would Jesus have taught the following:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Did he tell us to do the impossible?
He was only a man, very knowledgeable for his time, but still limited by the time he lived in.

I believe Jesus was a man who learned a very good philosophy and preached it. Everything else the so-called Christian religion preaches other than love and peace is extraneous and harmful.

The problem you have here is that nobody cares what either of us believe. You just aren't as special as you think you are.

Forum List

Back