The problem with homosexuality and Christianity is you have to choose one or the other

The bible also says we are to beat and kill a son who misbehaves.

Hey, Pastor Metal. While you're preaching your sermon on "How to practice a faith I don't share correctly according to my non-believing standards", maybe you could include this little thing intelligent people - ie. not you - like to call "context"?

The Bible was not written in stand-alone verses, and cannot be read and understood in stand-alone verses.

You'd far rather congratulate yourself on how "smart" you think you are than to actually be smart. I get that, and you should know that everyone else gets that, and literally no one is looking to you for instruction on anything, let alone the Bible.

You are really self rightious.

Did you ever read the passage "let the one who is without sin cast the first stone?"

Did you ever understand it, or did you just cherrypick that one verse and decide it said what you wanted to hear?

Rhetorical question, because we both know how allergic you are to thinking.

Christians should follow the direct teachings of Christ. There is a reason why his teachings contradicted the laws of the OT, because hew saw them as flawed.

Jsus said nothing against homosexuals.

Excuse me, Jesus' teachings did not contradict the OT, nor does this, "He didn't mention it, so that means it's fine" crap hold any water. Jesus didn't specifically mention a lot of things, and that would actually be because He didn't feel the current understanding needed any clarification. This idea you want to peddle of Jesus either being someone completely different from the God of the Old Testament, or that Jesus - being God - somehow completely changed His mind - is lazy as well as evil. Please do not try to rewrite the Bible to suit yourself.

By the way, here is something Jesus is on record as saying: Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. (Matt. 19:4–6)

Note that it does not say, "Be joined to his wife . . . or to some dude if he prefers that".

This one simple principle that He did articulate on the record actually addresses all manner of issues people try to confuse today in order to justify doing what they want: adultery, fornication, homosexuality, polyamory, gender dysphoria, pedophilia, take your pick. One man, with one woman, becoming one flesh for their lifetimes.

By the way, if Jesus HAD specifically said, "Don't screw the same sex", would that change your position on the subject in the slightest?

By the way, here is something Jesus is on record as saying: Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

what record is that sissy, the 4th century crucifiers tabloid ...

mary was never married to joseph and they happily lived together without a contract - christians use to sue each other than voluntarily depart amicably - jesus was a swinger - the same for mary magdalene, but don't let the heavenly exemplars get in your way of persecuting and victimizing the innocent.

christianity, the c bible, religion of the crucifiers.

what record is that sissy, the 4th century crucifiers tabloid ...

mary was never married to joseph and they happily lived together without a contract - christians use to sue each other than voluntarily depart amicably - jesus was a swinger - the same for mary magdalene, but don't let the heavenly exemplars get in your way of persecuting and victimizing the innocent.

christianity, the c bible, religion of the crucifiers.

That's quite the imagination there little man.

I was at an author event and a lesbian read to us all the passages of the Bible that explicitly condemn homosexuality.

It made me realize that one who lives the homosexual lifestyle must reject Christianity or must, at the very least, admit he is a sinner in need of forgiveness.

But it seems that many homosexuals are unwilling to do either. They demand Christian churches go against explicit Biblical teachings and accept homosexuality. This is creating a crisis that is affecting all the Christian churches.

My prediction is this: Soon, every Christian church except the Catholic Church will cave to the homosexuals.
Hopefully they will all come to their senses and end this ancient persecution.

Hopefully they will all come to their senses and end this ancient persecution.
Persecution? My best friend in college was engaged to a young man who told her the day before her wedding that he was in love with another man.

He broke her heart, and she never got over him. She never dated anybody else. She didn't deserve that. He knew he was gay before he asked her to marry him. What a coward. He didn't deserve her anyway. She spent the rest of her life teaching other people's children and helping the poor through her church and kept her personal tragedy to herself.

Persecution? My best friend in college was engaged to a young man who told her the day before her wedding that he was in love with another man.

He broke her heart, and she never got over him. She never dated anybody else. She didn't deserve that. He knew he was gay before he asked her to marry him. What a coward. He didn't deserve her anyway. She spent the rest of her life teaching other people's children and helping the poor through her church and kept her personal tragedy to herself.
It's unfortunately he didn't tell her sooner. I'm an older than man most of my friends felt they had to marry and they did and they had children they waited until the children were all raised before they found out that they couldn't live like this anymore and they had to leave their wives so it's a useless situation to try to make gay people second class citizens and they deserve the right to happiness just like anyone else if you don't allow it or they feel like it's not allowed because of persecution then you will have the same results over and over again it's not a good thing for anyone.

It's unfortunately he didn't tell her sooner. I'm an older than man most of my friends felt they had to marry and they did and they had children they waited until the children were all raised before they found out that they couldn't live like this anymore and they had to leave their wives so it's a useless situation to try to make gay people second class citizens and they deserve the right to happiness just like anyone else if you don't allow it or they feel like it's not allowed because of persecution then you will have the same results over and over again it's not a good thing for anyone.
Gayness is a ticket to selfishness that brings their family misery.

Gayness is a ticket to selfishness that brings their family misery.
Love is love, it's best when it's expressed and given freely. What was in Grange into people's belief system was wrong. Some children are still taught this ignorance. Ignorance gives rise to hatred and misunderstanding, no good comes from it.

Love is love, it's best when it's expressed and given freely. What was in Grange into people's belief system was wrong. Some children are still taught this ignorance. Ignorance gives rise to hatred and misunderstanding, no good comes from it.
Disciplining oneself to obey societal expectations isn't so bad of a belief system. It's when society expects nothing that civilization falls apart. Failure to learn from history is frightful to those who play by the good rules in the Good Book. I rest my case.

Disciplining oneself to obey societal expectations isn't so bad of a belief system. It's when society expects nothing that civilization falls apart. Failure to learn from history is frightful to those who play by the good rules in the Good Book. I rest my case.

What does that have to do with homosexuality? Men used to marry, have children and be miserable faking it for decades. Is that your definition of societal expectations? Living a lie brings misery to a family.

Probably. It takes courage to be authentic. Some couples succeed, others don't whether gay or straight.
If you put the effort into it, the dividends are very rewarding. Got to be in it for the Long haul.

Forum List

Back