The Price Is Right

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
I just got done watching the special about Bob Barker. All kinds of great clips were shown. My only complaint is that most of the clips were not labeled and so I don't know what year they were from. If I remember right, one car that was given away had a price that was less than $10,000. The late and legendary Burt Reynolds was shown making an appearance, but I don't know what year it was. Chuck Norris was also shown making one. Bob learned a little self-defense from him. :) :) :)

God bless you and Chuck always!!!

Holly

I remember Vanna White was on as a contestant, that was how she was found for Wheel.of Fortune. She was a pageant queen or something and definitely stood out in the crowd.

Last edited:
I just got done watching the special about Bob Barker. All kinds of great clips were shown. My only complaint is that most of the clips were not labeled and so I don't know what year they were from. If I remember right, one car that was given away had a price that was less than $10,000. The late and legendary Burt Reynolds was shown making an appearance, but I don't know what year it was. Chuck Norris was also shown making one. Bob learned a little self-defense from him. :) :) :)

God bless you and Chuck always!!!

Holly

I watched it and have watched many episodes going back to the early 80s.

They showed the first episode of the "new price is right" and I believe that was a 72 Pinto wagon. My parents had one just like it. 72 was the year it came back as "new price is right." Makes sense. That car was under 3 grand new.

In 1987 Barker stopped dying his hair black, so if he was white haired it was post 1987. I think Norris was in the mid to late 90's as he was Walker texas ranger back then. Burt Reynolds was I believe in the early 80's. Just from the set used, the age of the car given away, etc. would make sense, the "smokey and the bandit" series ended I believe in 81 or so.

You should watch Pluto TV. It's free and they have a channel "TPIR, the Barker Era" and its nothing but old Bob Barker episodes of TPIR. They started last year with episodes from around 1982. The cars they gave away were frequently under 7 grand new. Back then they gave away ultralight aircraft.

Last edited:
Oh, I have seen many "Price is Right" s. Most MILFs in a TV show evah! :spinner:

Bob was great. Does Wayne Brady do it now? Is it even happening?

I nominate Wayne Brady to replace Bob. Just because that just feels right. :dunno:

I swear they're both tactful in the same manner, one I'm not.

Drew Carey does PIR. Wayne Brady does Lets Make A Deal.

I remember when Bob came out with white hair and how the audience went wild.

I also remember when Bob paid 1 million dollars to move 3 abused elephants to a sanctuary in California. He love animals. Therefore, I loved him.

Another thing that was acknowledged was Bob's appearance during the Happy Gilmore film. Adam Sandler was shown making an appearance on the show. The poem that he wrote for Bob was really good. :D :D :D

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I only saw that film, but I do remember the encounter that Bob and Adam have. :D :D :D

Go here to check out the special. A few other things that were shown was how the big wheel looked when it was first added to the show activities as well as an accidental car "crash" that took place during one show when one of the cars was being driven out onto the stage for the crowd to see. Bob was also shown at one point helping out a woman who couldn't spin the big wheel hard enough. What makes that moment so funny is that his spin wasn't hard enough either. What the woman said to him about it is priceless. :D :D :D

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Another funny moment is what took place one time when the Ten Chances game was supposed to be played. :D :D :D

Forum List

Back