The Post-Trump GOP

Why would I bitch about a nominating process? Why does anyone need my approval? Is this Silly Question Day?
You are carefully dodging the question

when the GOP nominates softies who get crushed by the demos you have no complaints about the nominating process

but when the voters pick trump you think the process is flawed

Why would I bitch about a nominating process? Why does anyone need my approval? Is this Silly Question Day?
You are carefully dodging the question

when the GOP nominates softies who get crushed by the demos you have no complaints about the nominating process

but when the voters pick trump you think the process is flawed
Where did I say the process is flawed?

What in the world is wrong with you?

I wonder why I'm so far up in your head. I'm not asking, of course, because I can't trust anything you say.
If you were the only clueless lib I commented on here you might have a valid point

but in fact you are only one of many

What's next for the GOP?

I suspect there will be a sea change on Jan. 6th. Republican leadership is terrified that Trumpsters will protest by not voting, and hand the entire government over to the Democrats. Once that risk is behind us, they'll have much less reason to cater to the Trump idiots. It will still be a problem for them, but I think after the GA runoffs they'll turn their attention toward rebuilding their brand.

Trump swooped in, identified the market he needed to get the nomination (talk radio listeners) and ran with it.”

ok

maybe you are just saying that talk radio listeners have no business deciding who the candidate will be

yes I think you were complaining that some milquetoast moderate was not chosen instead so that hillary could have served as obamas third term

What's next for the GOP?

I suspect there will be a sea change on Jan. 6th. Republican leadership is terrified that Trumpsters will protest by not voting, and hand the entire government over to the Democrats. Once that risk is behind us, they'll have much less reason to cater to the Trump idiots. It will still be a problem for them, but I think after the GA runoffs they'll turn their attention toward rebuilding their brand.
Well, I know people like the Lincoln Project think the smart move is to just rip the scab off now and think long term. I'd agree, but that sure would be ugly for a while.

“Trump swooped in, identified the market he needed to get the nomination (talk radio listeners) and ran with it.”

ok

maybe you are just saying that talk radio listeners have no business deciding who the candidate will be

yes I think you were complaining that some milquetoast moderate was not chosen instead so that hillary could have served as obamas third term
Of course. Think what you want. It doesn't have to be accurate.

Trump will still have the money in 22 if not 24 to punish anyone he considers an enemy. But Trump is not going to affect the party like TR or Reagan did with real change. Or W for that matter, but not in a good way.

The gop supports supply side tax cuts and free speech for corporations, and has elected a judiciary that will never let another Obamacare through. I'm not sure there's anything more than that

What's next for the GOP?

A couple of very interesting pieces this morning. Interestingly, much of what they cover includes what we've been talking about here. The anti-Trump types like the Lincoln Project know damn well that he has a vice-like grip on the party, and will even have to consider running separate candidates, which we haven't really talked about here. The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.

At the same time, they did do better than expected down ticket (or was it the Democrats doing worse than expected?), so that just muddies the waters even more. So what do the next few years look like for the GOP?

Oh, for Trumpsters: Ignore all this, he won, "by a lot", they cheated, he'll stay in office, MAGA.

What's next for America is to do an analysis to figure out why and how Trump ever got this grip on the Republican party.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong in the GOP.

My guess is that Trump's popularity is rooted in his (and his associates) wealth - never before has a Presidential candidate had so many people (employees) dependent upon him for their livelihood. Any of them that weren't politically active Trumpbots had their jobs and careers on the line.

Secondly, the fear of Trump by Senators and congressmen is extremely suspicious - it's like he's blackmailing them. It should be investigated.
Trump did not run as a Republican. He ran as a populist. He won the nomination by winning primaries with a plurality from a narrowing slate of people who ostensibly called themselves traditional republicans. But the gop stopped being Reagan Republicans (or Eisenhower Republicans) under W. They abandoned fiscal conservatism for expanded and unpaid for Medicare drug expansion, and they embraced the notion of elective war to nationbuild and obtain natural resources.

And McConnell's mission was to make Obama a one termer and then elect a supreme court that will prevent any further move towards entitlements mandatory for all.

"fiscal conservatism" is now a code word for taxcuts aimed at stimulating growth, even when it's proven both under W and Trump that the additional growth doesn't occur - both Clinton and Obama saw larger increases in GNP. Trump had to fire Mattis and Esper to get troops out of Afghan.

The reason why republican officials are scared of Trump is that he's got between 200 and 400 million already to primary them.

The problem with Trump is simply that he doesn't have any values beyond Trump. There's no history of public service. His only foray into politics beyond finding out the NY won't elect him is rasicst shit like the Central Park 5. BUT he is the only Republican Populist. And the closest the dems have is a hippie who never did jack shit in Bernie and a bat shit crazy young woman of Puerto Rican descent … which isn't cutting it with Trump's base of confederate dead enders.

Trump won in 16 because the FBI made their investitation of Hillary public fodder for the election. Hillary's supporters delegitimized Trump from the get go by returning the favor.

So here we are.

None of what you said explains the incredible, mindless devotion of Trump's supporters or the extreme lack of any reasonable dissent from the Republican Senate.

You can analyze his support from a typical political perspective, but it doesn't account for the level of devotion he gets.

There's something more to it.
Trump supporters are bound to him for lack of options. He's got more power to get money than anyone else. Even the dems' fundraising is tied to him. So the only gopers who can be independent are those who don't need him because of quirkey state politics (Alaska Utah) or those not running for reelection. That's why Trump continues his insane hatred towards the dead McCain.

imo it'll be interesting to see how much influence he has with Collins Rubio Portman Lankford
What options do Dims have other than the sleazy lying senile pedophile? Every attack you make on Trump supporters is equally applicable to Biden supporters.

What's next for the GOP?

You always sound like you support the Dims. Republicans don't have to rebuild their brand, moron. There's nothing wrong with it. what they need to do is find a way to eliminate election fraud.

Abortion restrictions save many vulnerable unborn babies.

So you feel Americans are incapable of having babies and we must rely on foreigners to have kids??

Abortion restrictions save no one. When abortion was legalized in America, the birth rate was unchanged. It didn't go down at all, which says that women were getting already getting abortions. What changed was there were no deaths from illegal botched, back alley abortions or women bleeding out in emergency rooms. Overnight that ended. The abortion restrictions don't save babies, they kill women.

You want to save babies - mandated maternity leave and universal health care.

Americans aren't incapable of having babies, but they are refusing to do it. The American birth rate is declining, because working Americans can't afford to have babies. No universal health care, no maternity leave, no subsidized child care before public school. Public schools being replaced by charter schools. People can't afford large families when both parents have to work just to keep a roof over the heads of their less than 2 children, on average.

This is true all over the first world. As people become wealthier and more educated, they have fewer babies. But the rest of the first world has all sorts of incentives for working people to breed. In Canada, we have a child tax benefit which pays $500 per month per child for families with income of less than $35,000, and reduces as incomes rise. Those with incomes over $35,000 but under $70,000 receives a reducing benefit based on their income.

We have one of the top public school education systems in the world, and we have subsidized day care for low income families, albeit not nearly enough spaces to handle the need. We have paid parental leave for one year following birth, and guaranteed job security for those using parental leave.

But we still have a low birthrate, and we have increased immigration to cover the worker shortages which will follow if we don't.

A third g
What's next for the GOP?

A couple of very interesting pieces this morning. Interestingly, much of what they cover includes what we've been talking about here. The anti-Trump types like the Lincoln Project know damn well that he has a vice-like grip on the party, and will even have to consider running separate candidates, which we haven't really talked about here. The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.

At the same time, they did do better than expected down ticket (or was it the Democrats doing worse than expected?), so that just muddies the waters even more. So what do the next few years look like for the GOP?

Oh, for Trumpsters: Ignore all this, he won, "by a lot", they cheated, he'll stay in office, MAGA.

What's next for America is to do an analysis to figure out why and how Trump ever got this grip on the Republican party.

My guess is that Trump's popularity is rooted in his (and his associates) wealth - never before has a Presidential candidate had so many people (employees) dependent upon him for their livelihood. Any of them that weren't politically active Trumpbots had their jobs and careers on the line.

Secondly, the fear of Trump by Senators and congressmen is extremely suspicious - it's like he's blackmailing them. It should be investigated.
Trump did not run as a Republican. He ran as a populist. He won the nomination by winning primaries with a plurality from a narrowing slate of people who ostensibly called themselves traditional republicans. But the gop stopped being Reagan Republicans (or Eisenhower Republicans) under W. They abandoned fiscal conservatism for expanded and unpaid for Medicare drug expansion, and they embraced the notion of elective war to nationbuild and obtain natural resources.

And McConnell's mission was to make Obama a one termer and then elect a supreme court that will prevent any further move towards entitlements mandatory for all.

"fiscal conservatism" is now a code word for taxcuts aimed at stimulating growth, even when it's proven both under W and Trump that the additional growth doesn't occur - both Clinton and Obama saw larger increases in GNP. Trump had to fire Mattis and Esper to get troops out of Afghan.

The reason why republican officials are scared of Trump is that he's got between 200 and 400 million already to primary them.

The problem with Trump is simply that he doesn't have any values beyond Trump. There's no history of public service. His only foray into politics beyond finding out the NY won't elect him is rasicst shit like the Central Park 5. BUT he is the only Republican Populist. And the closest the dems have is a hippie who never did jack shit in Bernie and a bat shit crazy young woman of Puerto Rican descent … which isn't cutting it with Trump's base of confederate dead enders.

Trump won in 16 because the FBI made their investitation of Hillary public fodder for the election. Hillary's supporters delegitimized Trump from the get go by returning the favor.

So here we are.

None of what you said explains the incredible, mindless devotion of Trump's supporters or the extreme lack of any reasonable dissent from the Republican Senate.

You can analyze his support from a typical political perspective, but it doesn't account for the level of devotion he gets.

Trump supporters are bound to him for lack of options. He's got more power to get money than anyone else. Even the dems' fundraising is tied to him. So the only gopers who can be independent are those who don't need him because of quirkey state politics (Alaska Utah) or those not running for reelection. That's why Trump continues his insane hatred towards the dead McCain.

imo it'll be interesting to see how much influence he has with Collins Rubio Portman Lankford
What options do Dims have other than the sleazy lying senile pedophile? Every attack you make on Trump supporters is equally applicable to Biden supporters.

A third grade tit-for-tat?

"Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you", huh?

Yeah, that's about your level.

What's next for the GOP?

You always sound like you support the Dims.
Yeah, I think maybe you've mentioned that before, once or twice. ;)

Republicans don't have to rebuild their brand, moron. There's nothing wrong with it. what they need to do is find a way to eliminate election fraud.

LOL - sure man. Got it.

What's next for the GOP?

So here we are.

The sleazy lying pedophile got voted out of office. Joe Biden is now the President elect, and you have absolutely no evidence that he is any of the things Trump and his Cult accuse Joe of doing, and much evidence that Trump and his supporters are attempting to falsely smear Biden the way they did Hillary Clinton.

Every attack made on Trump supporters is NOT applicable to Biden supporters. They didn't vote for a lying incompetent lifelong criminal, who is destroying the nation. They don't believe the lies, misrepresentations and falsehoods coming out of the White House, and they strongly disagree with Trump's racism, xenophobia and misogyny, all of which, you fools enthusiastically support.

Democrats had nearly 20 options, but they elected Biden based on his record, and his experience. Last but not least, they voted for Biden because he is NOT Donald Trump.

What's next for the GOP?

So here we are.

The sleazy lying pedophile got voted out of office. Joe Biden is now the President elect, and you have absolutely no evidence that he is any of the things Trump and his Cult accuse Joe of doing, and much evidence that Trump and his supporters are attempting to falsely smear Biden the way they did Hillary Clinton.

Every attack made on Trump supporters is NOT applicable to Biden supporters. They didn't vote for a lying incompetent lifelong criminal, who is destroying the nation. They don't believe the lies, misrepresentations and falsehoods coming out of the White House, and they strongly disagree with Trump's racism, xenophobia and misogyny, all of which, you fools enthusiastically support.

Democrats had nearly 20 options, but they elected Biden based on his record, and his experience. Last but not least, they voted for Biden because he is NOT Donald Trump.
Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad! Orange man bad!

Forum List

Back