Zone1 The Obama Factor

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
What do the Obamas and their circle have in common with each other? They are Ivy League people, who ran away from whatever they came from in order to become members of the credentialed elites, whose loyalty is to the system that gives them prestige—or rather, gives prestige to their degrees, of which they are the holders. Once they pair off and reproduce under the seal of Harvard or Yale, they may find it seemly to donate money to an NGO that offers microloans to female entrepreneurs in Pakistan. So why should Obama, the ultimate winner, carry on the charade that he’s part of a community, whatever that means, with these people? He’s happy to go on NPR and talk about meaning or Marilynne Robinson novels or whatever, to make the wine moms identify with him, so he can put one over on them. Just don’t ask him to visit the hospital when you get cancer, because he’ll be hanging out on someone’s yacht, with the other winners.

And then very early on in COVID, about six, eight weeks into COVID, the woman who was finance director on Barack’s Senate primary run, Claire Serdiuk, up and died at age 50, leaving behind a 4-year-old. And when I went to the GoFundMe page for Claire, you could see everybody who’d worked on the Obama primary campaign, and then Claire went to SEIU [Service Employees International Union], and the folks at SEIU all donated. Anybody whom I’ve interviewed in that situation, I would donate to, always have.

But Barack has no interest in any of that. It’s just not there.

It’s like your question “Why is he at an event with Jay and Bey? Why does he want a private plane?” And the answer is, well, because those are the things that winners get.

But you remain hollow.

They’re all hollow. That’s what the system produces.

David Samuels Interviews MLK Biographer David Garrow on Barack Obama

This is a great read, no it wasn't written by a "Rightie". It is informative and instructive of the nature of ALL Politicians.​

Forum List

Back