The Next Chapter of the FBI's Trump Raid Saga Just Dropped

I thought todays NYT's reporting on this latest perspective on Trump taking those docs was interesting:

"How Trump Deflected Demands for Documents, Enmeshing Aides"

The former president exhibited a pattern of dissembling about the material he took from the White House, creating legal risk not just for himself but also some of his lawyers."
Former President Donald J. Trump spent a year and a half deflecting demands from the federal government to return documents. By Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt

Oct. 8, 2022Updated 9:32 a.m. ET

"Late last year, as the National Archives ratcheted up the pressure on former President Donald J. Trump to return boxes of records he had taken from the White House to his Mar-a-Lago club, he came up with an idea to resolve the looming showdown: cut a deal.
Mr. Trump, still determined to show he had been wronged by the F.B.I. investigation into his 2016 campaign’s ties to Russia, was angry with the National Archives and Records Administration for its unwillingness to hand over a batch of sensitive documents that he thought proved his claims.
In exchange for those documents, Mr. Trump told advisers, he would return to the National Archives the boxes of material he had taken to Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla.
Mr. Trump’s aides never pursued the idea. But the episode is one in a series that demonstrates how Mr. Trump spent a year and a half deflecting, delaying and sometimes leading aides to dissemble when it came to demands from the National Archives and ultimately the Justice Department to return the material he had taken, interviews and documents show.

That pattern was strikingly similar to how Mr. Trump confronted inquiries into his conduct while in office: entertain or promote outlandish ideas, eschew the advice of lawyers and mislead them, then push lawyers and aides to impede investigators.
In the process, some of his lawyers have increased their own legal exposure and had to hire lawyers themselves. And Mr. Trump has ended up in the middle of an investigation into his handling of the documents that has led the Justice Department to seek evidence of obstruction.

They are burned out with the document scandal because they have zero defense.

I see. So, Trump who is a child and is this one single lone person with no experience ever working in DC, who is this incompetent NY real estate dude totally over his head and overwhelmed, singlehandedly set the entire federal government on its head in total disarray just coming into Washington and actually trying to do what the Framers set out for every new president to do, to instill his own vision for a prosperous nation as every president hopefully does every four years despite having only limited cooperation from the congress. Thanks for letting our enemies know that.

I see. And it has taken them YEARS to get them back, from a single, retired real estate developer on his Florida estate between golf games in one of the most famous locations on the planet, who is already in touch with the government every single day.

I see. You mean despite a clear record on file of his cooperating broadly. Trump is just a glutton for punishment, not that the Biden government isn't manufacturing yet a 15th way to abuse and hassle people they don't like just as they've uselessly and futility harassed every other person remotely connected to the guy never with any justification trying to make them out as this terrible thing despite never being able to prove it, other than endless, baseless, fictitious stories drummed up and printed in the complicit left-wing-controlled media?
All of your responses say and accomplish nothing. Your big problem is, you're a sour ass loser.

Hope the Bidens remember that in the upcoming impeachment and criminal trials.

Who are you going to ask, Garland who has absolutely no idea and is just out to get Trump?
The DoD who apparently didn't even miss the documents for years and probably thought
they were on loan to the Chinese?
The only one able to answer that is the highest authority on the matter, the President of
the United States Donald John Trump.

You know, the guy whom the Left advertised starting in 2016 they were going to impeach
by hook or crook any way possible before he even took office.

View attachment 707148
Your responses are childish and amateur. You're a joke.

He didn’t acquire anything. Those documents were and still are the property of the federal government.

The fact he took them from the government at the end of his term doesn’t change that.
You be conned

Possession of non classified documents is not the crime and not a crime in this case.

And since the gubmint cannot disprove that the documents had been declassified, the remaining possible counts are all bullshit. The Presidential Records Act is not a criminal statute.
Keep milking that fantasy Jim Bob. But when it all comes crashing down, and your lies of de-classification finally eat your lunch, try checking into a brain rehabilitation center to get that shit straightened out.

Keep milking that fantasy Jim Bob. But when it all comes crashing down, and your lies of de-classification finally eat your lunch, try checking into a brain rehabilitation center to get that shit straightened out.
Lol. As if a dumb ass like you can distinguish between the truth and fiction.

To paraphrase the Alzheimer victim racist scumbag Simpleton in Chief:

Two words;

Go fuck yourself.

He was not entitled to retain classified documents or any presidential records. No one gave him permission to retain any of those.

lol

"permission"

The screwball fucking leftards think we need their "permission".

lmao

They think we need their permission for our guns too. Stupid fucking asswipes. :p

Those documents consist of information generated by the US government to assist the president in their duties.

They’re not for Trump’s personal amusement.
Hey - fucktard - Nancy Pelosi tore up the president's State of the Union address on live national television.

REMEMBER, dumbass?

Don't bleat to me about official protocols, lefTARD. I'll hand you your stupid irresponsible ass on a platter

Hey - fucktard - Nancy Pelosi tore up the president's State of the Union address on live national television.

REMEMBER, dumbass?

Don't bleat to me about official protocols, lefTARD. I'll hand you your stupid irresponsible ass on a platter
You are a moron.

He was not entitled to retain classified documents or any presidential records. No one gave him permission to retain any of those.
What does commander in chief mean to you?

Executive Authority?

Who has a higher clearance?

Who is “he”? Trump?

Trump doesn’t have any clearances. The current administration would need to give him permission to see any classified information.
You're not only a liar, but you're a bad liar.
Link to the exact procedure for procuring a Classified Document.

You can't because there's no exact procedure.

Don't dodge; just answer the unanswerable question.

You're not only a liar, but you're a bad liar.
Link to the exact procedure for procuring a Classified Document.

You can't because there's no exact procedure.

Don't dodge; just answer the unanswerable question.
There is no exact procedure for declassifying a document.

Answer my question. What did I lie about?

Forum List

Back