California once red is a dive

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
Did you know Ca. generally voted Republican before the internet? Hmm.

My gal lives in Sacramento. What a great place, over-crowded and tons of homeless. The wealthy and show fill up the streets with new muscle, sports and electric cars as they can race through 40 MPH streets. I attended a car show this last weekend. 1-2% neat stuff. 98% check out my new stuff, can you outdo me with the same?

I know folks in Davis, which is supposedly a great town. Folks steal items the size and weight of pianos at night, right downtown. Ca. just let the thieves and homeless roam free I suppose, too much a hassle. They're too busy with the chaos they've created. .

Just the tax on my pension (65k) and equal real property (750k) would increase my monthly expenses $1200+. That's before being taxed this, tax that, with panhandlers at every entrance. Think of the tax times all the people who live there. Where the fuck does all the money go?

Meanwhile they desire to control every aspect of your life. What a shame, it was a beautiful State. They desire to control every State, especially those unfortunate to border it.

My gal lives in Sacramento. What a great place, over-crowded and tons of homeless. The wealthy and show fill up the streets with new muscle, sports and electric cars as they can race through 40 MPH streets. I attended a car show this last weekend. 1-2% neat stuff. 98% check out my new stuff, can you outdo me with the same?

I know folks in Davis, which is supposedly a great town. Folks steal items the size and weight of pianos at night, right downtown. Ca. just let the thieves and homeless roam free I suppose, too much a hassle. They're too busy with the chaos they've created. .

Just the tax on my pension (65k) and equal real property (750k) would increase my monthly expenses $1200+. That's before being taxed this, tax that, with panhandlers at every entrance. Think of the tax times all the people who live there. Where the fuck does all the money go?

Meanwhile they desire to control every aspect of your life. What a shame, it was a beautiful State. They desire to control every State, especially those unfortunate to border it.
I call CA fruit and nut land.

It was a major red state until they started letting illegals in and letting them vote and it turned blue and stayed that way.

This was also back when people respected california and it was considered the gold standard of places to live in the country. Back then california was one of the places people dreamed of moving to and living in. But over the decades since the lost its gradually becoming less desirable of a place to live. So much now someone puts up bulletin boards warning people not to move to texas because so many people want to leave for a red state.

It was a major red state until they started letting illegals in and letting them vote and it turned blue and stayed that way.

This was also back when people respected california and it was considered the gold standard of places to live in the country. Back then california was one of the places people dreamed of moving to and living in. But over the decades since the lost its gradually becoming less desirable of a place to live. So much now someone puts up bulletin boards warning people not to move to texas because so many people want to leave for a red state.
illegals have been coming into california in all the 50 years i lived there......and they voted?....

The republicans surrendered too.

They voted decisively to deny welfare to illegals and to have only hetero marriage (y'know, that "democracy" thingy?), only to have the courts step in and nullify their votes.....Then they voted for a "republican" Governor, who turned out to be nearly as big a leftbat goofball as the dude they threw out.

They've waved the white flag ever since.

I proved to myself some 15 years ago that California is a great place to be from.

Based on what I was paying for property tax 15 years ago, not increasing the figure annually as actual California taxes do, I have so far saved $78,000 in that tax alone - and live in a better built house with energy bills running about 40% of the current Califoirnia prices.

Once past 64 years of age one registers a single motor vehicle, for life, for a one-time nominal fee. Home and car insurance used to be somewhat higher than in California but in recent years the rate of increase has been slower here than there so at this point it's a slight saving here.

No, I am not going to tell you where because you will just race here in the vain hope that doing here what you did there might not have the same pitiful result. Oh, It's not Massachusetts anymore, either.

They've taken over northern nevada. All my neighbors and nearly all new neighborhoods are made up of those who left Ca. behind, physically anyway. Seems to me even the "conservatives" try to out-perform "the jone's", constantly.

Most of CA is rural and conservative. CA, unfortunatelly is controlled by LA and SF leftist political factions. The Central Valley is a grain and rice producing area. That requires water and the water is provided by a canal that takes water from Far Northern CA to the central valley. The central valley has been traditionally arid but, with the introduction of water and irrigation the area has become quite productive in orchards, rice and grain farm lands. LA and SF have no idea of any of this. Only when their food is limited will they realize.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with California.
im2 come on,there are lots of things wrong in that state....in the 50 years i lived there i seen that state go from arguably the best place on the planet to live to a place that got so damed crowded that it took me 30 minutes to go 12 miles to work every day.....the freeways were like parking lots,even on Sundays....the quality of life, unless of course you live in the nice wealthy areas,went down quite a bit in those 50 years....

Right now they have put up billboards begging people to not move out of state. At some point they will probably have to erect border walls to keep people in, except for the Southern border. They may also have to pass laws making it illegal to move out of state or issue huge financial penalties for those moving. They could have a $10,000 moving out of California penalty.

I love that newsom wants millons of electric cars when they dont have enough power to keep acs and lights on...you got to love the nuttiness surreal thinking

There is nothing wrong with California.

LOL

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

St. Louis, MO (2,082) - mayor - Democrat
Detroit, MI (2,057) - mayor - Democrat
Baltimore, MD (2,027) - mayor - Democrat
Memphis, TN (2,003) - mayor - Democrat
Little Rock, AR (1,634) - mayor - Democrat
Milwaukee, WI (1,597) - mayor - Democrat
Rockford, IL (1,588) - mayor - Democrat
Cleveland, OH (1,557) - mayor - Democrat
Stockton, CA (1,415) - mayor - Democrat