Zone1 The "Lake of Fire" (Hell) is temporary, punitive, purifying, & restorative

No. I don't. If I did, I wouldn't need to worry for my soul.
That's too bad. Don't you believe that God loves ALL and that he will have mercy on ALL and that ALL will be with him?

Romans 11:32 esv
For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

Many protestants claim that praying for the dead is fruitless but they can't know that to be true. I have prayed for passed loved ones in order to ask God to forgive, heal, and accept them. God is love. I'm convinced that God listens to our prayers and intercedes.
I believe God experiences time all at once. So prayers for the dead are always good. If not for them at least for us.

That's too bad. Don't you believe that God loves ALL and that he will have mercy on ALL and that ALL will be with him?

Romans 11:32 esv
I think God will grant us our wish. He's not going to force himself on anyone.

I do take exception with this verse at least in the context presented. I don't believe God has consigned anyone to disobedience.

He's not going to force himself on anyone.
That's another commonly believed myth, just ask Jonah. :)

P.S. You need a longer signature.

aaaaa.gif

I don't believe the word, "consign" necessarily means to force. Knowing the end from the beginning, God has placed Adam and Eve in the garden knowing full well what the outcome would be. He knew they would fall and He even provided for a Savior before the foundation of the world. So he placed Adam and Eve in a position that he knew they would choose of their own free will to fall. I believe that coming to this earth and going through mortality and learning good and evil to the extent we do on earth is a progression for mankind to become more like God himself. As spirit children of God before coming to this earth, we were given the choice to go through this mortality and chose to do so. God consigned us to this mortal world so that we could grow and become more knowledgeable about good and evil. With that acquired knowledge, we are allowed to choose if we are going to follow evil or follow good.

Jesus's sacrifice saves the faithful from damnation, but gives ALL eternal life, although the nonfaithful will have to go through the crucible known as the Lake of Fire for correction and purification.

Satan was thrown into the Lake of Fire. The Bible says they will be tormented "day and night, forever and ever"--Revelation 20:10

Will Satan be saved too?

How do you interpret Revelation 20:10?

(Look, eternal punishment and separation from God is a horrid thing to consider. Which is why we, as Christians, need to spread the Gospel as a means to escape it, not as "well, no worries, you will be punished....but even if you HATED God in your life, He will save you" type of way)

That's another commonly believed myth, just ask Jonah. :)

P.S. You need a longer signature.

View attachment 759132
That's out of context. Just what do you believe blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is if not rejecting God. It's because God loves us and has mercy upon us that he allows us to choose for ourselves. He doesn't want us to choose him for what he can do for us. He wants us to love/choose him for who He is. It isn't virtuous to be forced to be virtuous.

You aren't the first person to take exception to my signature and you probably won't be the last.

That's out of context.
Did God deny the wills of all of the people he drowned in the flood? There are countless examples. God's will supersedes ours and he DOES impose his will upon his creation just like I impose my will on my dog even though he doesn't want to take a bath. :)

Did God deny the wills of all of the people he drowned in the flood? There are countless examples.
That's where you and I will disagree on certain accounts. The first eleven chapters of Genesis are allegorical accounts of history that all nations shared. So I don't believe God sent a flood to punish the evil doers. To really understand what I am saying we would have to take each account and walk through it so you could understand why I believe this and am still able to believe the accounts are true.

God's will supersedes ours and he DOES impose his will upon his creation just like I impose my will on my dog even though he doesn't want to take a bath. :)
Everything about God supersedes us, not just his will. Literally everything. Our reality is an alternate reality. God is the real reality. But I don't see how you can say God imposes his will upon his creation. As near as I can tell God creates existence and leaves us to our choices. Sure, there are consequences to our choices and those consequences can shape our future but the consequences exist for logical reasons. That's not God imposing his will upon us. That's just life; the knowledge of good and evil.

Everything about God supersedes us, not just his will. Literally everything. Our reality is an alternate reality. God is the real reality. But I don't see how you can say God imposes his will upon his creation. As near as I can tell God creates existence and leaves us to our choices. Sure, there are consequences to our choices and those consequences can shape our future but the consequences exist for logical reasons. That's not God imposing his will upon us. That's just life; the knowledge of good and evil.
God grants us limited free will, as evidenced by the horrific choices we're permitted to make in this life. He won't permit us to be lost for eternity just like a good parent wouldn't allow their small child to run away.

God grants us limited free will, as evidenced by the horrific choices we're permitted to make in this life. He won't permit us to be lost for eternity just like a good parent wouldn't allow their small child to run away.
Good parents lose children all the time. Chapter 13 of Matthew is telling us God will too.

And you have complete free will. If you didn't, then you couldn't choose to be virtuous. Everything is choice. It's a journey, man.

As I've shown you that is a lie.

I could cite scripture, but you don't believe scripture.

This disproves everything you've said. People go to the Lake.

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
— Revelation 21:8, ESV
[11]

Forum List

Back