Zone1 The "Lake of Fire" (Hell) is temporary, punitive, purifying, & restorative

The Greek word aiónios is mistranslated in some instances into "forever" or "everlasting" or into "eternity". My understanding is that it can mean forever but oftentimes means for an age or for a time.

Well, who cares about your understanding? The Church Christ founded has always taught that getting to Heaven is no easy task (though the Church may not put it into those words exactly). Jesus founded a Church so that we would not have to figure things out, things having to do with that most important endeavor in life: getting to Heaven. Jesus is not like some shyster preacher who wants a big congregation (so he doesn't speak "uncomfortable truths"). No, Jesus IS Truth and so we must follow His Church, not just any old person we encounter on the internet who thinks he knows all about Jesus and salvation and etc.

You verses do not demonstrate that ALL of mankind will be saved.
Jesus said that few would be saved. (Mt 7:21 and other psgs). He said to take the narrow road in life, that the way to Hell was broad and there "are many who go" that route. It's a big lie from Satan that there is no Hell or that only monsters like Stalin and Mao or Gosnell go there

Incorrect. On the contrary, it is YOU that is ignoring ALL of the scripture that says that ALL will be with God in the end.
What's your interpretation of Matthew 22:11-14? Specifically verses 13 and 14.

11 But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment.​
12 He said to him, ‘My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?’ But he was reduced to silence.​
13 Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.’
14 Many are invited, but few are chosen.”

There's no need to belittle me. I haven't belittled you.
I didn't mean to belittle you. I'm trying to ascertain just what it means to you when you say the phrase, "God's words."

Because God didn't write the Bible. Fallible men wrote the bible.

Incorrect. On the contrary, it is YOU that is ignoring ALL of the scripture that says that ALL will be with God in the end.
Shrug. If you knew the Bible, you wouldn't say such a thing. As I have said all along, I do hope all evil can be purified for those who wish that purification. You are convinced everyone will be purified whether they want to or not. You are convinced when someone says 'all' they mean everyone who has ever lived past, present, future. "All" very seldom means that. Think of how you have used the word 'all'. Do you always mean everyone, past, present, future?

At the moment, you have the bit between your teeth and are running rampant. That is not the action of anyone truly being guided by scripture. If you take a closer look at scripture, you cannot promise/threaten everyone with an eventual everlasting existence with God. You can present some indicators of what may happen.

But until you can find a passage where the Lord asserts, "The most evil person, even if they do not wish to dwell with me, will, against their will, be purified of all evil and forced to dwell with me," you have no case.

Shrug. If you knew the Bible, you wouldn't say such a thing. As I have said all along, I do hope all evil can be purified for those who wish that purification. You are convinced everyone will be purified whether they want to or not. You are convinced when someone says 'all' they mean everyone who has ever lived past, present, future. "All" very seldom means that. Think of how you have used the word 'all'. Do you always mean everyone, past, present, future?

At the moment, you have the bit between your teeth and are running rampant. That is not the action of anyone truly being guided by scripture. If you take a closer look at scripture, you cannot promise/threaten everyone with an eventual everlasting existence with God. You can present some indicators of what may happen.

But until you can find a passage where the Lord asserts, "The most evil person, even if they do not wish to dwell with me, will, against their will, be purified of all evil and forced to dwell with me," you have no case.
I've shared a ton of scripture with you already and you have ignored all of it. If you don't believe God then there's nothing more I can do for you.

I didn't mean to belittle you. I'm trying to ascertain just what it means to you when you say the phrase, "God's words."

Because God didn't write the Bible. Fallible men wrote the bible.
sigh...

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God[a] may be complete, equipped for every good work.

One does not get to pick and choose what one likes and apply it as all encompassing.

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
— Revelation 21:8, ESV
[11]

What's your interpretation of Matthew 22:11-14? Specifically verses 13 and 14.

11 But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment.​
12 He said to him, ‘My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?’ But he was reduced to silence.​
13 Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.’
14 Many are invited, but few are chosen.”
My interpretation is that we are supposed to live Godly lives and to do his will so that when it is our time, he will welcome us into his heavenly kingdom. The man that was thrown out of the party was not worthy and so he was cast out.

I've shared a ton of scripture with you already and you have ignored all of it. If you don't believe God then there's nothing more I can do for you.
I don't proof text and I pay scant attention to those who do. I know scripture. I know the Bible. You are misusing it, starting with ignoring the passages that indicate other possibilities--and then using the etymology that best serves your purpose. I am a big believer in using etymology, but I am also aware it has to be used carefully and that it can be gravely misused as well.

Basically, you are closing your eyes and ears to all ( ;) )and anything that cautions against your own theory, hypothesis.

Listen. After experiencing God's love, I searched high and low for the possibility that there is no hell--or if there is, it is not permanent. There is no verification of that and in the end I returned it to the category of 'unknown' or 'mystery'. I focused on God's ways are not our ways, and our ways are so far apart it can be compared to the distance between the earth and the heavens.

All I know is that if could love as God loves, there would be no hell. But guess what? I may have experienced God's love, but God is also justice, which I have not experienced. God's will is also to honor our will.

I truly believe you are speaking out of turn. Step back a bit and note the indicators but be honest and understand there is no verification. No one understands, knows God that well. Not yet, we don't.

Oh, and this. I don't need you to do anything for me. I am listening to you and responding. That's it.
I'm sorry to have angered you. I won't engage you further. God bless you.

Do you know what Brimstone is? Seriously, do better.

brimstone​

noun

brim·stone ˈbrim-ˌstōn

: SULFUR
Yes, it was/is used to purify. So why do you think that God put the words "sulfur" and "brimstone"?

On another note, you sound angry. Does it anger you to be told that God loves ALL of his creation and that will have mercy on ALL of this creation and that God will save ALL of his creation?

Yes, it was/is used to purify. So why do you think that God put the words "sulfur" and "brimstone"?

On another note, you sound angry. Does it anger you to be told that God loves ALL of his creation and that will have mercy on ALL of this creation and that God will save ALL of his creation?

LOL. you can't make me angry.

I will always correct bad exegesis., this Scripture proves you no contextual knowledge of what you are trying to say.

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.
— Revelation 21:8, ESV
[11]

Forum List

Back