Zone1 The "Lake of Fire" (Hell) is temporary, punitive, purifying, & restorative

I could have provided a link to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, WaPo, PBS, Huffington Post, etc., but I figured those sources are too radical and I didn't want to embarrass myself by linking to them.

Wrong. The early Church Fathers believed in Hell that was forever.
You're brainwashed and unwilling to see or consider the truth. I am starting to believe that reading your posts and responding to you is a fruitless endeavor.

I don't need the kjv. The original writing matters, and there are manuscripts that are copies of that, which do matter, so a translation faithful for each passage is useful. Terms for what is to come are largely metaphorical, especially in the book of Revelation, but the duration forever is not metaphorical, and would have the same meaning for duration of those in what is actually God's fair judgment for them, and that is not meaning torture, as it would for duration of those redeemed with their repentant faith being in Christ, living in bliss with God in the restored creation that is made new.

To OP who had the nerve to say

You're brainwashed and unwilling to see or consider the truth. I am starting to believe that reading your posts and responding to you is a fruitless endeavor.

How utterly IRONIC

You pit yourself against the BIBLE itself when you post such rot as "Hell is purifying... and temporary"

Who the hell are you to change Scripture and centuries - old truth-- and then criticize anyone who believes the Bible over you?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going w/ the Bible and Church teaching throughout the centuries. Then there is another thing that causes me to believe (know) there is a Hell:

I've known people, or at least been around them, who are headed there. You can feel the evil around them...

So that's not scientific?

Who cares. I know how awful the feeling is... and so do most people here (if they are honest).

Forum List

Back