The Jewish-Hebrew Bible proves Jesus is the Messiah

The first two chapters of Genesis addresses the question of where we came from. It explains in allegorical fashion that God created existence; the material world, space and time, etc. And that man is a product of that creation. So the first two chapters of Genesis is a chronology so to speak.

I agree it is full of endless wisdoms. I agree that we experience God in the present and that the Bible is effectively a how to book; how to live life and how not to live life. Genesis tells us that man knows right from wrong and when man violates it rather than abandoning the concept of good and evil man rationalizes he didn’t violate it.

The original meaning and practice of the word worship has been lost through 6000 years of time. Worship is nothing more or nothing less than giving praise and thanks. We give praise and thanks by what we do, not by what we say.

That was close up until here...
I think You're over-complicating things because they're still not really "Yours".
Like an old song one can play not only by heart but also have it as a part of "the dna", enough not to think about it... or otherwise explain it in simple short.

The first two chapters of Genesis addresses the question of where we came from. It explains in allegorical fashion that God created existence; the material world, space and time, etc. And that man is a product of that creation. So the first two chapters of Genesis is a chronology so to speak.

I agree it is full of endless wisdoms. I agree that we experience God in the present and that the Bible is effectively a how to book; how to live life and how not to live life. Genesis tells us that man knows right from wrong and when man violates it rather than abandoning the concept of good and evil man rationalizes he didn’t violate it.

The original meaning and practice of the word worship has been lost through 6000 years of time. Worship is nothing more or nothing less than giving praise and thanks. We give praise and thanks by what we do, not by what we say.

I think You're over-complicating things because they're still not really "Yours".
Like an old song one can play not only by heart but also have it as a part of "the dna", enough not to think about it... or otherwise explain it in simple short.
The prophets said the same thing so I'm pretty sure I am not wrong about the risk of thinking one is following God's ways when in reality one isn't.

Do you know why children do as their parents do and not as their parents say? It's because they know that what their parents do is what they really believe. We must constantly be vigilant about paying lip service to God.

What exactly do you believe I have over complicated?

What is really not "Mine?"

This is what followed that point.

We show our praise and thanks in how we live our daily lives; how we conduct ourselves in every endeavor and transaction; how we do the little things; how everything we do is done like it is a sacred act in appreciation of all that has been given to us. Giving praise and thanks to the creator using words instead of actions is called giving God lip service. It's not worshipping God. If all one does to honor God is participate in religious practices but in his daily life he is showing God he doesn't really appreciate all that has been given to him, then he is not worshipping God. He is paying lip service to God.

Is this close? Or is it wrong?

That's between us and Him
When you say "us," who are you referring to specifically?

Those in whom was called the seed of Abraham.
So, God is only the God of your people?

G-d Lord and the King above everything, and there's nothing beside Him.
He chose a nation to be His, to be called in His name.

My people never asked anyone to worship a Jew,
it's counterintuitive to our heritage and identity, the most basic thing that made the people a nation, separated from the rest of the world.

Last edited:

it's counterintuitive to our heritage and identity, the most basic thing that made the people a nation, separated from the rest of the world.
Again you are focusing on Christ when this discussion isn't about Christ.

I asked you a very simple, non-personal question. Is it your belief that the G-d of Abraham is only the G-d of your people?

The prophets said the same thing so I'm pretty sure I am not wrong about the risk of thinking one is following God's ways when in reality one isn't.

Do you know why children do as their parents do and not as their parents say? It's because they know that what their parents do is what they really believe. We must constantly be vigilant about paying lip service to God.

Let's first address the part that wasn't correct - we DO serve, and praise and give thanks by what we say. However I really don't see how this has anything to do with the claim of the thread.
That's just a general theology.

BTW did You know there's a significant movement of not only Jews moving back,
but also people leaving church to take the 7 Noahide Laws?

Let's first address the part that wasn't correct - we DO serve, and praise and give thanks by what we say. However I really don't see how this has anything to do with the claim of the thread.

BTW did You know there's a significant movement of not only Jews out of church,
but also people leaving to take the 7 Noahide Laws?
It had to do with your statement that the Torah is a plan.

I know that as people abandon organized religion they don't abandon their belief that they are more than just matter.

You still didn't elaborate on what you meant when you said it is not really mine. What's not really mine? God?

I asked you a very simple, non-personal question. Is it your belief that the G-d of Abraham is only the G-d of your people?

The answer still the same:

G-d Lord and the King above everything and nothing beside Him.
Yes there's a specific nation which He chose and separated to be called in His name.

I did't invent this, and You know it well,

Last edited:

I know that as people abandon organized religion they don't abandon their belief that they are more than just matter.

You still didn't elaborate on what you meant when you said it is not really mine. What's not really mine? God?

The knowledge still isn't Yours,
didn't go from the brain to the heart , not experienced in life application yet
Losing meaning with words.

Describing a picture of a place yet to be visited in person.

G-d Lord and the King above everything.
Yes there's a specific nation which He chose and separated to be called in His name.

The answer is evasive and you know that well. Beliefs not worth saying are beliefs not worth having.

What I know well is that God used the Jews to reveal himself but he is everyone’s God. To believe otherwise is illogical and actually counter to what the Torah says. Not to mention counter productive for God and his plan that all should come to know him.

The knowledge still isn't Yours,
didn't go from the brain to the heart , not experienced in life application yet
Losing meaning with words.

Describing a picture of a place yet to be visited in person.
You are wrong. The knowledge is mine. It started from the heart and then went to the brain and returned to the heart where it started.

It has totally been experienced which is how I know that everything that I thought was good for me was bad and everything that I thought was bad for me was good.

Much has been revealed to me because much was asked by me.

The answer is evasive and you know that well. Beliefs not worth saying are beliefs not worth having.

What I know well is that God used the Jews to reveal himself but he is everyone’s God. To believe otherwise is illogical and actually counter to what the Torah says. Not to mention counter productive for God and his plan that all should come to know him.

For someone hearing about a wedding from aside, this might be the shallow perception,
but basically a correct one.

Belief is what religions are for, Judaism doesn't deal with that,
we are focused on knowledge that leads to faith.

Last edited:
For instance it was revealed to me that Jews seeing nothing special about themselves and crediting God for everything means that chosenness is the least arrogant position Jews could take for their success and seeing God as only the God of the Jews is the most arrogant position the Jews could take for their chosenness.

For someone looking at a wedding from a side , this might be the shallow perception, but basically a correct one.

Jews don't deal with belief, we are focused on knowledge that leads to faith.
When you speak of knowledge, is that knowledge limited to what was written thousands of years ago?

For someone hearing about a wedding from a side, this might be the shallow perception,
but basically a correct one.

Belief is what religions are for, Judaism doesn't deal with that,
we are focused on knowledge that leads to faith.
You say shallow. I say succinct.

For instance it was revealed to me that Jews seeing nothing special about themselves and crediting God for everything means that chosenness is the least arrogant position Jews could take for their success and seeing God as only the God of the Jews is the most arrogant position the Jews could take for their chosenness.

Everything correct, except from the straw man argument at the end,
a common red herring that was used by the church to demonize Jews.

That was your claim. Not mine. You implied that the G-d of Abraham was only the G-d of the Jews.

If you recall, I disagreed with you.

That was your claim. Not mine. You implied that the G-d of Abraham was only the G-d of the Jews.

That's why I said - "red herring", because it is.
My words were very specific.

You're merely repeating an old church game, only we're on the internet,
and there're no armed guards or cardinals to play this dirty.

It is a straw man, twisting of Judaism and my words, do I have to repeat again?

That's why I said - "red herring", because it is.
My words were very specific.

You're merely repeating an old church game, only we're on the internet,
and there're no armed guards to cardinals to play this dirty.

It is a straw man and twisting of my words, do I have to repeat again?
You aren’t being very clear.

So let me re-ask the question and you can give a more direct answer like yes or no.

Do you believe that the G-d of Abraham is only the G-d of your people?

I don’t know the old game. I never got this question from the old game and I am not playing dirty. I am being respectful, polite and curious.

Forum List

Back