The Hidden Beginning

One American didn't care for Roosevelt's softness for the Russian killing machine did something about it. His name was Dwight Eisenhower, and he ran for President to place an ally in the White House to those who gave up 4 years to break up what was looking more and more like the wanton murders of Jews in Europe, all toll 6 million deaths the Russians did not weigh in on, considering they ushered Jews out of Mother Russia over many years of time. Fiddler on the Roof was a movie made about the cruelty of being thrown out of a land you worked you entire life to improve, although some are fooled on account of the amazing music in this unforgettable Musical that told a story, gently, on ethnic cleansing.

Actually, you need to study why Ike ran for President in 1952. He didn't run because he hated the Democrats, he ran because he was genuinely afraid that the GOP would go back to their pre-1940 settings of isolationism.

Ike was a tacit admission by the Republicans that FDR had been right all along.

To you anything requiring work and self motivation or personal responsibility is a shit sandwich. Therefore you're destined to always be holding the shitty end of the stick because it's all you deserve. That's how capitalism works.

Buddy, I've been working since I was 16, sometimes two jobs when I've needed to... Sorry, man Capitalism is a shit sandwich if you aren't willing to be the kind of backstabbing piece of shit who advances in that system.

Stalin decided where to open that 'second front,' even though it would cost far more American lives.
And Stalin decided on 'unconditional surrender' as the only end for the war.....even though it cost thousands more American casualties...

Okay, so wrong on two fronts here.

First, the Allies, really did try to open that second front in Italy, and they ended up slogging up the Italian Pennisula for two years making very little progress. Say what you want about D-Day, ( I had to live with my Dad's PTSD for 20 years) but it was effective... It brought about Germany's surrender in less than a year.

As far as Unconditional Surrender goes for the Axis. The allies learned their lesson. They realized giving Germany an Armistice in the first war just meant having to fight another war later. Hitler and Ludendorf came back with a "Stabbed in the Back" myth that Germany didn't really lose the war.

Germany knew it lost after this.

1594950212883.png

a. So....why did Stalin insist on the Allies opening the front at Normandy rather than the bases already conquered in Italy?

Obviously, you've never talked to anyone who was a veteran of the Italian Campaign. or heard about the Shit show that was Anzio.

It was actually easier to supply an invasion from England than from North Africa, and guess what, it was also easier to invade a country that ACTUALLY WANTED TO BE LIBERATED (France) than one that was part of the Axis.

Okay, so wrong on two fronts here.

First, the Allies, really did try to open that second front in Italy, and they ended up slogging up the Italian Pennisula for two years making very little progress. Say what you want about D-Day, ( I had to live with my Dad's PTSD for 20 years) but it was effective... It brought about Germany's surrender in less than a year.

As far as Unconditional Surrender goes for the Axis. The allies learned their lesson. They realized giving Germany an Armistice in the first war just meant having to fight another war later. Hitler and Ludendorf came back with a "Stabbed in the Back" myth that Germany didn't really lose the war.

Germany knew it lost after this.

View attachment 364168

Obviously, you've never talked to anyone who was a veteran of the Italian Campaign. or heard about the Shit show that was Anzio.

It was actually easier to supply an invasion from England than from North Africa, and guess what, it was also easier to invade a country that ACTUALLY WANTED TO BE LIBERATED (France) than one that was part of the Axis.
si

Clearly, you are unable to incorporate any education.

Nothing new.

1. Eisenhower agreed with me, that Italy was the correct trajectory of attack, not Normandy. That site was due to the demands of Stalin.

2. The 'unconditional surrender' was Stalin's demand so that the Red Army would have no resistance to their occupation of Europe.

Don't bother writing back with yet another 'is not, isssssss nooottttttt!!!' post.

Simply get lost.

1. Eisenhower agreed with me, that Italy was the correct trajectory of attack, not Normandy. That site was due to the demands of Stalin.

Uh-huh, if you say so. The reality was, if anyone fought for the Italian Front, it was Churchill... but it was still a terrible idea.

Now, you've never served in the military, so I'll cut you a little slack here. But there were a couple of reasons why trying to march through Italy was a bad idea. First, the Peninsula is thin. So it's very easy to set up a defensive line with relatively few troops. The terrain is mountainous, which also favors the defenders. If you main supply line runs through Britain, through Gibraltar, it's extended and open to attack by air and U-Boat.

Yes, Stalin was right to demand a serious attempt at a second front. His people were dying by the millions fighting the Germans while the allies were putzing around in North Africa and Italy.

2. The 'unconditional surrender' was Stalin's demand so that the Red Army would have no resistance to their occupation of Europe.

No, honey, the unconditional surrender was the allies demand because they did not want some future German or Japanese leader to do what Hitler did.

In fact, the first demand for Unconditional Surrender was at the Casablanca Conference, where FDR and Churchill agreed that Unconditional Surrender of all Axis Powers was called for. At that time, Russia was not at War with Japan, and China was not at war with Germany, but the US and UK were at war with both and demanded it.

You really need to stop getting your history from Right Wing Websites.

Uh-huh, if you say so. The reality was, if anyone fought for the Italian Front, it was Churchill... but it was still a terrible idea.

Now, you've never served in the military, so I'll cut you a little slack here. But there were a couple of reasons why trying to march through Italy was a bad idea. First, the Peninsula is thin. So it's very easy to set up a defensive line with relatively few troops. The terrain is mountainous, which also favors the defenders. If you main supply line runs through Britain, through Gibraltar, it's extended and open to attack by air and U-Boat.

Yes, Stalin was right to demand a serious attempt at a second front. His people were dying by the millions fighting the Germans while the allies were putzing around in North Africa and Italy.

No, honey, the unconditional surrender was the allies demand because they did not want some future German or Japanese leader to do what Hitler did.

In fact, the first demand for Unconditional Surrender was at the Casablanca Conference, where FDR and Churchill agreed that Unconditional Surrender of all Axis Powers was called for. At that time, Russia was not at War with Japan, and China was not at war with Germany, but the US and UK were at war with both and demanded it.

You really need to stop getting your history from Right Wing Websites.

Again, proving you know nothing.

Buddy, I've been working since I was 16, sometimes two jobs when I've needed to... Sorry, man Capitalism is a shit sandwich if you aren't willing to be the kind of backstabbing piece of shit who advances in that system.
You should enjoy your shit sandwich, anywhere else you get less, much less. You fault Trump? Not everyone that made your sandwich? Enjoy, relish it!

You should enjoy your shit sandwich, anywhere else you get less, much less. You fault Trump? Not everyone that made your sandwich? Enjoy, relish it!

You know, talking with you would be a lot easier if you could string together a coherent thought.
I know, and if you would quit talking with your mouthful... And, try some peanut butter and jelly, your breath just stinks.

I know, and if you would quit talking with your mouthful... And, try some peanut butter and jelly, your breath just stinks.

Okay, you are actually making PC look coherent with her cut and paste. and that's an accomplishment, because she's nuts.
oh, please, stop with your insults, they are so witty you just about got me not to comment. Please, no more. Idiot!

A nuclear war now only threatens Southeast Asia, "their own people" are everywhere and they will not attack.

A nuclear bomb was most likely first tested in Germany in 1943-44.

Forum List

Back