The greatest sin of all....

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
Is never even mentioned in the Bible, it is God Lust. Claiming God as your own and attempting to claim that others who believe differently from you have no right to believe otherwise. The the idea of sin and hell was created by man. The concept of crime is a reality and God Lust is a sin for those who believe in it and a crime against everyone, especially so for the ones who perpetrate it. They are hurting themselves more than anyone else.

Is never even mentioned in the Bible, it is God Lust. Claiming God as your own and attempting to claim that others who believe differently from you have no right to believe otherwise. The the idea of sin and hell was created by man. The concept of crime is a reality and God Lust is a sin for those who believe in it and a crime against everyone, especially so for the ones who perpetrate it. They are hurting themselves more than anyone else.
The sin of coveting, including putting false images before God, is included in the Ten Commandments, along with bearing false witness. So falsely accusing neighbors of teaching false religion while committing this yourself is bearing false witness.

What causes this:
The one Unforgiveable Sin is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit -- the "Sin of Unforgiveness" is what causes people to fear, covet and project blame on others.

This Unforgiveness causes a chain reaction, thus not being forgiven in this world or the next.

The cycle of Retribution or Unforgiveness is broken by asking God's help with Forgiveness through Jesus whose sacrifice and redemption is the catalyst for transformation, which manifests as Restorative Justice bringing peace and healing.

This is the one Sin that cannot be Forgiven, as long as we cling to Unforgiveness which blocks God from entering to correct and heal through Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

We must chose to receive God's gift of Forgiveness, which then opens the door for all other wrongs to be forgiven corrected and healed.

It would seem to me, as a casual observer, that the religious minded would contend the greatest sin of all to be the lost consciousness of sin.

Of course, this contention demands responsibility. Acknowledging and accepting responsibility for oneself. It's so much easier and so more convenient just to blame it on the devil or whatever, though. That tends to be the outcome I see most often anyway.

Then again, so many products of cultural religion tend to rearrange the Gospel to placate one's own personal indulgences/lifestyle, too. That's something else.

Last edited:
Matthew 12:31-32
31 ¶ Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Mark 3:28-29
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Hebrews 6:4-9
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

If you have never received the gift of the Holy Ghost, I doubt that you could ever commit the unpardonable sin.

Last edited:
The sin of coveting, including putting false images before God, is included in the Ten Commandments, along with bearing false witness. So falsely accusing neighbors of teaching false religion while committing this yourself is bearing false witness.

What causes this:
The one Unforgiveable Sin is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit -- the "Sin of Unforgiveness" is what causes people to fear, covet and project blame on others.
Forgiveness through Jesus Each of the Judgmental or Abrahamic Religions passed judgment on those who do not believe as they do; thus attempting to exclude them from God's love. Otherwise words such as Goyim, heathen, heretic, blasphemy and Infidel would not exist. That is God Lust. To believe any person and / or religious group has the right to claim God as their own and exclusive property. It is a right and privelege for every person to seek and know his or her relationship to and of God. No human can decide this other than the individual, that is the whole reason of existence.

Dear Stann

(A) The Bible makes it clear: if we forgive others, then God forgives us.
But if we do not forgive others, then we are not forgiven.
(Matthew 6:14-15)
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

(B) Matthew 12:31-32

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

So even if we make errors in "ALL MANNER OF SIN AND BLASPHEMY" these can be forgiven.
but BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT
shall not be forgiven in this world or the world to come.

I have found that as long as we FORGIVE, then people who naturally believe we each are right
in our relationship and understanding with God's truth, are all FORGIVEN.

Otherwise, by what you state, this affirms "everyone is sinning" which we already agree on.
If that was unforgiveable, then we are all unforgiven because everyone I know believes they have the truth
or they wouldn't believe it and would switch to something else.

The key issue is whether we FORGIVE ourselves and others.
If we do not FORGIVE, that is what causes the unforgiveable trespasses.

As long as we FORGIVE, this allows God's truth and will to enter in
so we can receive corrections and resolve conflicts, even if our beliefs remain different.

This does not have to be a problem that everyone believes in God their own way.
That is happening anyway.

What helps us to manage despite this, is FORGIVING one another.

You are quoting your holy book, these religious laws apply only to you and those who follow that religion. This in no way affects my relationship with God, if you think it does, that's your problem, not mine. Why follow a religion you don't believe in ? All of my friends, except one gay couple, no longer go to church. Many now define themselves as spiritual but not religious. That includes me. Religious people still say religion is good, I saw it long ago as the source of most of the problems in the world, and it's only getting worse. Sorry but I think religion's time to die is long overdue. Sorry you believe in your religion and not God. Religion has nothing to do with God, it never has. It is the greatest lie ever told. The problem isn't religion itself, the problem is religious zealots shoving it down people's throats. The only difference between the Taliban and other judgemental religions is the degree they infiltrate and disrupt other people's lives. If they kept to themselves, I'm didn't preach at people that would made it make it more palatable.

You are quoting your holy book, these religious laws apply only to you and those who follow that religion. This in no way affects my relationship with God, if you think it does, that's your problem, not mine. Why follow a religion you don't believe in ? All of my friends, except one gay couple, no longer go to church. Many now define themselves as spiritual but not religious. That includes me. Religious people still say religion is good, I saw it long ago as the source of most of the problems in the world, and it's only getting worse. Sorry but I think religion's time to die is long overdue. Sorry you believe in your religion and not God. Religion has nothing to do with God, it never has. It is the greatest lie ever told. The problem isn't religion itself, the problem is religious zealots shoving it down people's throats. The only difference between the Taliban and other judgemental religions is the degree they infiltrate and disrupt other people's lives. If they kept to themselves, I'm didn't preach at people that would made it make it more palatable.
????

Sorry Stann

But the psychology of Forgiveness/Unforgiveness
applies to ALL PEOPLE.

It is part of natural law and psychology.

Medical research studies also show how Forgiveness
correlates with better health and healing
while Unforgiveness correlates with greater stress
and impact on health.

Sorry, we do not need to cite the Bible if you don't relate to that.

But in general, we can agree that independent of the Bible
A. ALL people commit the sin you talk about and believe we each
have the right answer
B. Forgiveness ALLOWS us to coordinate and work together REGARDLESS
if we have different beliefs, while Unforgiveness prevents conflicts from being resolved

We can conduct more studies on this if you need scientific or statistical documentation.

In general, if you look at which people REJECT others, they are less forgiving.
While people who INCLUDE and work with others REGARDLESS of differences in beliefs
are more forgiving.

And you can show by your experiences, which are more successful in resolving
conflicts and maintaining working healthy good faith relations.

This doesn't take rocket science to prove.
The Bible happens to teach this, but the natural laws of
human psychology work the same way.

????

Sorry Stann

But the psychology of Forgiveness/Unforgiveness
applies to ALL PEOPLE.

It is part of natural law and psychology.

Medical research studies also show how Forgiveness
correlates with better health and healing
while Unforgiveness correlates with greater stress
and impact on health.

Sorry, we do not need to cite the Bible if you don't relate to that.

But in general, we can agree that independent of the Bible
A. ALL people commit the sin you talk about and believe we each
have the right answer
B. Forgiveness ALLOWS us to coordinate and work together REGARDLESS
if we have different beliefs, while Unforgiveness prevents conflicts from being resolved

We can conduct more studies on this if you need scientific or statistical documentation.

In general, if you look at which people REJECT others, they are less forgiving.
While people who INCLUDE and work with others REGARDLESS of differences in beliefs
are more forgiving.

And you can show by your experiences, which are more successful in resolving
conflicts and maintaining working healthy good faith relations.

This doesn't take rocket science to prove.
The Bible happens to teach this, but the natural laws of
human psychology work the same way.
You seem like you mean well, but that doesn't solve the problem of religion. They keep pushing their agenda everywhere. Buddhists don't do that, Jews don't do that, even Muslims don't do that in America. It's a Christian problem, good luck with that.

The greatest sin of all is failing to take accountability when we do wrong. That is what I believe the account of the fall of man was saying.

The greatest sin of all is failing to take accountability when we do wrong. That is what I believe the account of the fall of man was saying.
A lot of wrongdoing going on, that's for sure.

Again........the greatest sin of all is the unrepentant sin. The wages for all sin are the same.......death. The reason the greatest sin is a failure to repent and ask for remission of sin.....would be due to the disrespect of the Holy Spirit who inspired the Word that actually defines sin. If you first refuse to believe there is no salvation possible. Its a form of blasphemy when you continue to engage in the same sin over and over and over. Even with the longsuffering of the Father.....there is a point when He turns away.

"Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that He cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from God; and your sins have hidden His face from you................." -- Isaiah 59:1

The inspired author of the New Testament said it with more simplicity, "You lust and you do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask but do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you might spend it on your pleasures. Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore "wants" to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." -- James 4:2-4

Its blasphemy and disrespectful to the Holy Spirit of God to act as if He does not know the content of your heart.........there must be a repentance from the heart. Gods hates those who go through the pretense of having faith.....false witnesses, but actually still worships the world as demonstrated via action/deeds, not words. Empty words will never find salvation.

The best method? Live each and every day as if it were your last on earth; for one day it will be. One day at a time.....a Christian's sabbath (rest) comes after the race called life is over. Fighting sins of the flesh is an everyday battle that no one can overcome without Faith, Hope, and Love. These are "gifts" of the Spirit promised to those who believe......they are the tools of salvation.

Last edited:
Again........the greatest sin of all is the unrepentant sin. The wages for all sin are the same.......death. The reason the greatest sin is a failure to repent and ask for remission of sin.....would be due to the disrespect of the Holy Spirit who inspired the Word that actually defines sin. If you first refuse to believe there is no salvation possible. Its a form of blasphemy when you continue to engage in the same sin over and over and over. Even with the longsuffering of the Father.....there is a point when He turns away.

"Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that He cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from God; and your sins have hidden His face from you................." -- Isaiah 59:1

The inspired author of the New Testament said it with more simplicity, "You lust and you do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask but do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you might spend it on your pleasures. Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore "wants" to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." -- James 4:2-4

Its blasphemy and disrespectful to the Holy Spirit of God to act as if He does not know the content of your heart.........there must be a repentance from the heart. Gods hates those who go through the pretense of having faith.....false witnesses, but actually still worships the world as demonstrated via action/deeds, not words. Empty words will never find salvation.

The best method? Live each and every day as if it were your last on earth; for one day it will be. One day at a time.....a Christian's sabbath (rest) comes after the race called life is over. Fighting sins of the flesh is an everyday battle that no one can overcome without Faith, Hope, and Love. These are "gifts" of the Spirit promised to those who believe......they are the tools of salvation.
The words you chose from the Bible don't sound like anyting Christ would say, the authors must have used the Old Testament tribal laws to justify them.

The Bible says yours is the greatest sin. I know you don't think so, but it's worshipping false gods such as evolution.
You actually think you're a Christian ? That is pure hatred.

You actually think you're a Christian ? That is pure hatred.
Sure. God hates those who put false gods like evolution (no God) before him. He is supposed to burn them all by setting the sky on fire according to the Bible.

God is a forgiving God to his believers, but a punishing one to those who aren't. There is no in-between. Look what he did with Satan and his demons.

Sure. God hates those who put false gods like evolution (no God) before him. He is supposed to burn them all by setting the sky on fire according to the Bible.

God is a forgiving God to his believers, but a punishing one to those who aren't. There is no in-between. Look what he did with Satan and his demons.
Think, God created the entire universe. God put laws in place to allow it to function. God started life with the lowest forms, he placed the DNA in your life forms and gave it the ability to evolve into your higher life-forms. The six days we're actually more like 14.3 billion years. A wink of the eye for God.

..sin is man made--like religion is = fake
Okay.. so why are you here?

It's like someone taking the time to go into a Forum on a popular TV show and does nothing but talks about how the show sucks and that nobody should watch it.

Forum List

Back