The Grammys, Macklemore, "Same Love" and the Constant Politicking of Gay...

What agenda is that? That it isn't 1955 anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

It doesn't matter what the agenda is. I don't want to be patronized while I watch tv. Apparently just plain ol entertainment is just too much to ask for anymore. Now it has to revolve around gays or saving whales or going green or some random political position or whatever other stupid bullshit consumes the producers.

Well then watch the 50 channels devoted to Christianity. You have plenty of options.

I watch History, History2, NatGeo, Science & Discovery

You can keep your stupid stereotypes to yourself

It doesn't matter what the agenda is. I don't want to be patronized while I watch tv. Apparently just plain ol entertainment is just too much to ask for anymore. Now it has to revolve around gays or saving whales or going green or some random political position or whatever other stupid bullshit consumes the producers.

Well then watch the 50 channels devoted to Christianity. You have plenty of options.

How about you take your own advice?

It's not about same love---it's about screwing whoever you want as long as its consensual.
Funny that open minded minded liberals still feel a need to validate sexual desires with marriage vows.
on a side note--Why didn't they go ahead and chose a presidential candidate while they were all there ?

Mass marriage on the Grammys----too effin funny

Brow beating entertainment television

You would have a point if you called out TBN or the 700 club, or any show that showcases Christianity. I am not Christian, and I could care less if there are shows like 7th Heaven etc..
That's the great thing about Cable, there is something for everyone.

It's not about same love---it's about screwing whoever you want as long as its consensual.
Funny that open minded minded liberals still feel a need to validate sexual desires with marriage vows.
on a side note--Why didn't they go ahead and chose a presidential candidate while they were all there ?

that's what you get out of the song lyrics? have you heard it?

And why do you need to deny someone a right based on a religion? Everyone has sex, and people get married for all sorts of reasons.

Sounds like it did its job.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0]MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - SAME LOVE feat. MARY LAMBERT (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

How about you take your own advice?

I haven't expressed any stereotypes dumbass. You on the otherhand assumed that because I didn't enjoy the agendas in network television that I must be a Christian. You were wrong.

It's why I don't watch network television anymore. Nearly every new show has an agenda to shove in my face.

What agenda is that? That it isn't 1955 anymore?

What is forcing you to watch such things?

And why do you need to deny someone a right based on a religion? Everyone has sex, and people get married for all sorts of reasons.

and sex has nothing to do with it-------right :eusa_hand:

If one is a so called "right winger", could they use this song in their wedding? If one is a Christian, could they use this song in their wedding?

So... no, it is NOT for everyone

A true love song is about love not a political agenda

The right call it "being in their face" because of the fact that they can't glue, nail and barricade the closet door shut anymore.

No one is going into your little closets anymore. They are out and proud.

No choice but to get used to it.

I am proud my own aunt married her longtime partner and now has a spouse. I see their marriage as no different than mine.

It is the same love, now that theirs is not closeted.

Too bad for reactionary RW's. It is the new normal.

Regards from Rosie

The right call it "being in their face" because of the fact that they can't glue, nail and barricade the closet door shut anymore.

I am proud my own aunt married her longtime partner and now has a spouse. I see their marriage as no different than mine.

Regards from Rosie

Again...I call brow beating at it's worst

Oh, and it is more like being crammed down our throats.

Last edited:
Right is right, and it's not the right thing to do to look down on people and treat them lesser because they are gay. That is what the song is about, and if you engage in either behavior you're an ass hole and if you don't - the song's not for you.

This sounds just like the arguments against interracial marriage. Fortunately now we know the people who opposed it as assholes. Just like today.

Regards from Rosie

Why did they choose marriage as a way to make sex legit ? If a couple of gays screw each other without being married are they sinners now ?

Right is right, and it's not the right thing to do to look down on people and treat them lesser because they are gay. That is what the song is about, and if you engage in either behavior you're an ass hole and if you don't - the song's not for you.

So you admit that the song is not for everyone, only the left leaning political types?

My job here is done :)

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back