The Good Samaritan and how it influences your political beliefs.

norwegen
I noticed that most didn't get the meaning of the parable. How is that possible?
Yea, I think it's one of the simpler parables to comprehend, even when considering that all the parables are about the kingdom of God.

Samaritans and Jews were at odds, of course, yet the Samaritan was more neighborly to the Jew than the Jews were. That's the kingdom, essentially, from which the dogs, sorcerers, and other evildoers are cast out, just like those two Jews.
bullshit-----interestingly I have had---in the past---a long conversation with a real PRESENT
day Karaite on line. For the record----they (the jews and karaites) never did the christian thing
that took place in the BRITISH piles. Jews and Samaritans have been getting on well for the
past 2000 years

Where were they living? Not in Palestine.
what are you calling "palestine" are you a ROMAN?

Syrians and Greeks also called it Palestine as did the British and the Turks.

Even Chaucer and Shakespeare called it Palestine.

norwegen
I noticed that most didn't get the meaning of the parable. How is that possible?
Yea, I think it's one of the simpler parables to comprehend, even when considering that all the parables are about the kingdom of God.

Samaritans and Jews were at odds, of course, yet the Samaritan was more neighborly to the Jew than the Jews were. That's the kingdom, essentially, from which the dogs, sorcerers, and other evildoers are cast out, just like those two Jews.
bullshit-----interestingly I have had---in the past---a long conversation with a real PRESENT
day Karaite on line. For the record----they (the jews and karaites) never did the christian thing
that took place in the BRITISH piles. Jews and Samaritans have been getting on well for the
past 2000 years

Do you actually IMAGINE you made a point?-----the "HOLEY ROMAN EMPIRE" established
the moniker. In fact jews called it "palestine" too----back in the day. It is a word that
arabic speaking people cannot pronounce. It is GREEK

norwegen

past 2000 years

Do you actually IMAGINE you made a point?-----the "HOLEY ROMAN EMPIRE" established
the moniker. In fact jews called it "palestine" too----back in the day. It is a word that

Herodotus called it Syria-Palestine in 500 BC.

norwegen

past 2000 years

do you IMAGINE you told me something new? Rhodesia was once called Rhodesia. There is no more a RHODESIA or a "PALESTINE"

norwegen

past 2000 years

do you IMAGINE you told me something new? Rhodesia was once called Rhodesia. There is no more a RHODESIA or a "PALESTINE"

Grow up , rosie.. You write like you're hysterical most of the time.

norwegen

past 2000 years

you are DESPERATE, Surada. Can you spell PALESTINE in hebrew?

norwegen

past 2000 years

can you DEFINE hysteria? surada

Would civil rights be different locally? How about the court system?
Why do you think the Feds are any better at handling local matters and courts than the people who live there? Why should the Feds hold the whip hand?

So it was told to explain what being a good neighbour was all about.

How does it influence how you deal with your neighbours and how do you modify your behaviour to keep within the teachings ? How does your politics reflect this ?
you first,,
I try and vote for policies that help people. I recognise that it is an unfair world but I do my little bit.
You are gravely mistaken if you think you can delegate your responsibilities to politicians.

Only the people next door are my neighbors.

People in other towns states or countries are not my neighbors
This is not the message of the parable.
The parable is wrong

The Jews and the Samaritans weren't really neighbors.

What is "wrong" about the lesson?
You just said it yourself they really weren't neighbors.

So calling them neighbors is incorrect

They were enemies, but the Samaritan still did the right thing. The Bible teaches love your enemies.. pray for your enemies.

The parable is wrong

They were enemies, but the Samaritan still did the right thing. The Bible teaches love your enemies.. pray for your enemies.
Then why call them neighbors when you acknowledged that they weren't neighbors but enemies?

The parable is wrong

Then why call them neighbors when you acknowledged that they weren't neighbors but enemies?

It depends on context. Mexico is a US neighbor.. so is Canada.

I shouldn't have to explain this.

The parable is wrong

Those are countries not people.

No one who lives in Canada is my neighbor.

The parable is wrong

Those are countries not people.

No one who lives in Canada is my neighbor.

You're not thinking.. Lebanon is Israel's neighbor.

Forum List

Back