Can Christians answer trolling posts without complaining?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
I believe even trolling posts provide an opportunity to engage with others despite ill intent.

Go ahead. Prove me wrong.

Reply with any names or posts where you ran into trolling on Religion threads.

I will try my best to share meaningful discussion with anyone who injects themselves into Religious threads, getting blamed for derailing or trolling.

Give me examples.
Names, links, posts.

Let's try this, Thank you!

There you are The Irish Ram ! I wanted to introduce you to Potterhead2021 and Ziggy who didn't like being forced to talk mean on here. So I made a thread where if anyone runs into trolling on R&E just post the link or name here. We can discuss what is the real objection, without derailing other threads. Thanks! I'll add you to the PM so you can introduce yourself.

Hi Em. :smiliehug: The religious forum here is a tough one, but it is certainly an opportunity to teach the Gospel as long as we keep this in mind:
Jesus said, “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another”.
Thanks for adding me. I look forward to sharing the co-mission with Christ to spread the good news.

As Jesus would do, don't argue with a fool just pull out the whip.
He might whip the Pharisees with their own words.
With fishers and farmers he pulled out parables about growing greater things from tiny mustard seeds or teaching people to fish.

Votto whatever works
I'd be embarrassed to show Potterhead2021 and Ziggy some of the language I've used back at people to play the same flame games for sport. But if that is how people show love to each other, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's....

As Jesus would do, don't argue with a fool just pull out the whip.
He might whip the Pharisees with their own words.
With fishers and farmers he pulled out parables about growing greater things from tiny mustard seeds or teaching people to fish.

Votto whatever works
I'd be embarrassed to show Potterhead2021 and Ziggy some of the language I've used back at people to play the same flame games for sport. But if that is how people show love to each other, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's....
I spent 10 years over the road trucking... There isn't anything anyone could say that I haven't said myself LOL
There comes a time for growing up though..
A time for everything under the sun.
HUGS emilynghiem

:)

There you are The Irish Ram ! I wanted to introduce you to Potterhead2021 and Ziggy who didn't like being forced to talk mean on here. So I made a thread where if anyone runs into trolling on R&E just post the link or name here. We can discuss what is the real objection, without derailing other threads. Thanks! I'll add you to the PM so you can introduce yourself.
Irish Ram is awesome. I have known her for many MANY years...probably over 25. Met her on another message board and boy did we hate each other. But then...once we left the poison pit...we became friends and I sent her the link to here. I love her.
I have learned more from her than any preacher or any book.

as long as the crucifiers are not brought to justice, christianity will remain the hollow and empty plagiarism the christian bible became since the 4th century as with its enduring, unrepentant congregations ...

I believe even trolling posts provide an opportunity to engage with others despite ill intent.

I will try my best to share meaningful discussion with anyone who injects themselves into Religious threads, getting blamed for derailing or trolling.

Give me examples.
Names, links, posts.

No. TROLLS DONT DESERVE RESPECT. THEY DONT POST TO LEARN

1Sa 17:36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
1Sa 17:37 David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
1Sa 17:38 And Saul armed David with his armour, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.
1Sa 17:39 And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.

Practice makes perfect
:)

1Co 14:6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
1Co 14:7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?
1Co 14:8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

Luk 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
Luk 11:22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

1Co 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

It's not about debating. It's about how one conducts themselves while under attack.
And you are right. Jesus never debated, He took a stand.

HUGS

Give me examples.
Names, links, posts.

Appropriate, warranted, factual criticism of Christian dogma is not ‘trolling.’

Pointing out fallacies, sophistry, other failures of logic committed by Christians is not ‘trolling.’

That Christians might be unhappy that the faults and failings of their beliefs are being exposed doesn’t justify false accusations of ‘trolling.’

C_Clayton_Jones What exactly is trolling?
Thank You
What exactly is trolling?
to facilitate the forgeries and fallacies of the christian bible -
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
the church of the roman empire - and misrepresent the 1st century religious itinerant and the events terminating in their crucifixion.

- used for their own nefarious purposes.

Thank You
What exactly is trolling?
to facilitate the forgeries and fallacies of the christian bible -
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
the church of the roman empire - and misrepresent the 1st century religious itinerant and the events terminating in their crucifixion.

- used for their own nefarious purposes.
Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Thank You

Give me examples.
Names, links, posts.

Appropriate, warranted, factual criticism of Christian dogma is not ‘trolling.’

Pointing out fallacies, sophistry, other failures of logic committed by Christians is not ‘trolling.’

That Christians might be unhappy that the faults and failings of their beliefs are being exposed doesn’t justify false accusations of ‘trolling.’
Dear C_Clayton_Jones
Yes, your response and the type you describe are not the trolling that was complained about.

The posts I read complaining of trolling were either:
* political attacks between pro and anti Trump commentators derailing Religion threads
* Believers posting inciteful insults to slam Atheists (more personally for beliefs instead of addressing the content of beliefs)
* personal attacks in general against the PERSON (and against the rules) such as derailing and containing NO CONTENT
So that people were complaining there were too many posts breaking the rules that the Mods could not address all the complaints.

This caused people to complain to the Mods to block USERS that kept breaking rules requiring "one line of content.

Clearly that isn't you and what you describe.

However, you do point out related issues
1. The same conflicts causing the real trolling will also cause people to get stuck complaining and confusing VALID objections as "refusing to reason".

I hear you C_Clayton_Jones.
I do believe and know many secular nontheists who may NEVER understand much less "convert to" Christian religious thknking any more than I could "convert" to a native Russian or Japanese speaker if I was brought up thinking and speaking in American English. Ain't gonna happen for a lot of the population, especially Buddhist brains and others thinking in impersonal intangible secular terms.

2. If we DO address the REASONS for different perspectives, we can address both the real conflicts and the pressures on people and conflicts that get projected personally to incite trolling.

3. And even talking these deadlocks out, even if confusing real objectors for trolls, will be more productive in pinpointing where these objections and conflicts are coming from. And hopefully distinguish how much is internal differences from what is being projected externally from one person onto other people or groups.

CCJ you are one person I can count on to lay out in elaborate depth and detail EXACTLY where you see a conflict occurring.

If you ever posted a mere slam, and were asked to correct it by adding a line of content, you could easily add 10, or 20 as I do.

Early on I was questioned as a troll for my responses as well. I remember when Dante came up with a term for me as a SPECIAL TROLL (I actually believes the stuff I post has content even where other ppl think it is pure derailment.)

At least you stay relevant, always consistent and well stated.

I know I can count on you to explain where your arguments are coming from, and hope you will intervene and add clarity where other people might get stuck and start derailing personally instead of talking things through.

In the end CCJ I believe this will raise awareness that people think in different ways for a reason. And as long as we can embrace those differences that may never change, we can communicate more effectively to address conflicts that CAN be resolved.

You are right, it is very easy with Religion and with Politics to lose sight, give up, and start seeing opposition as impossible and impassable, and start accusing or projecting the blame "on the OTHER person/group" for not wanting to deal with reality or see real problems or solutions, etc.

Even when good people on both sides of an issue DO have valid points and complaints not being heard or addressed because they are slammed as the problem.

I hope you and I can work closer together, pick apart where the real breakdowns and conflicts are coming from, and reduce or remove the pressures that otherwise cause deadlocks and or lead to derailment, projection of blame externally, and either trolling or complaints of trolling.

Again I am the last person on earth that can complain of trolling. I believe anyone who posts has some issue, objection or reason they are asking to share or express, so I am willing to address that point or motivation they have. Since this can derail threads, I will use THIS thread to discuss on the side until said poster either gjves up if they only wanted to troll others. Or they do bring up good points to support a convo on its own, whether or not it relates to the other OP.

Either way it should
1. Clear the stuck car or cars off the road so traffic can continue on its given path
2. Possibly clear up issues with the people accusing each orher of trolling so that is reduced or resolved and prevented more in the future
3. Reveal the objections or points that weren't getting expressed or addressed so meaningful dialogue can come from turning negative slams or deadlocks into positive ideas or exchanges

Thanks C_Clayton_Jones

If I were Zuckerberg trying to appoint a council to address this garbage of bullying and trolling on social media, I would recommend the Mods here and also posters like you who can spell out the side of objectors in full detail. Between you and me and some other people I've met from the Christian Anarchist Left and Right, I think we could critically analyze the root conflicts and mediate to either reconcile or separate groups by denomination and quit bullying over differences while we work out the rest!

Thanks again CCJ and more power to you. I hope you will join the rising movement to separate secular govt from the Christians seeking reform from both left, right and independent anarchist positions. It is getting very interesting and I can see you in the midst and forefront of negotiations when it comes to writing out the legislative reforms needed.

Let's collaborate and overcome conflicts to achieve better solutions!

Last edited:
I spent 10 years over the road trucking... There isn't anything anyone could say that I haven't said myself LOL

Really? Have you told your past lover or lovers that you want to ride his pony? XDDDD

Forum List

Back