The Flag of Treason

Why does our President support the racist, treasonous Confederate Flag?

Slick Willy flew the Stars and Bars over the State House while governor, so I assume you think he and Hitlery are both racist, right?

Neither is President TODAY

Beside the point. The Confederacy does not exist today either. So what's your problem with the flag? Have you noticed that all 50 States have and fly flags of their own and probably all have had slavery one time or another? Hypocrisy.

I can understand wanting to keep the confederate flag alive for one's ancestry' s sake, my ancestors on my father's side were mostly confederates.... most were not slave owners, but so far in my ancestry search, I've found 3 great great etc grandfather's that were... but most were just farmers, with no slaves....only their 8 to 12 children each, as their farm laborers.... but the men relatives still served in the Confederate States Army through being drafted...

But, and that's a big BUT.... What I have slowly realized over my decades, it's such a hurtful reminder of what human beings, that were slaves and the ancestors of today's African Americans, had to go through...

That flying flag is a sign to them, that they too are STILL thought of, as less than human beings....

And that's just unacceptable to me.... I want no part in a continuation of hurting them, even if simply their feelings.

Last edited:
LOL go fly your rainbow flag you gay faggot. As for the Confederate flag it is NOT treasonous as it does not exists anymore and all the confederates were pardoned. It is simply a historical flag of our past. Remind me do you support BLM in tearing down Washington's statue, Lincoln? Remind me again who is the traitor?
I thought confederates and kkk etc, were Democrats? So why are Republicans fighting to keep a flag belonging to Democrats up?
Because Republicans aren’t fascist scum like you Dimwingers.
Because Democrats of slavery and the kkk have switched parties with the Republicans is more likely.... y'all try to blame the Dems of today for past sins, but it's really the ancestors of today's Republicans in the South's past sins... is what seems obvious, to me....
Which party had a KKK leader serving in the Senate until 2010?

That would be YOUR racist party.
He denounced them decades ago.... are you really unaware of this...?

LOL go fly your rainbow flag you gay faggot. As for the Confederate flag it is NOT treasonous as it does not exists anymore and all the confederates were pardoned. It is simply a historical flag of our past. Remind me do you support BLM in tearing down Washington's statue, Lincoln? Remind me again who is the traitor?
I thought confederates and kkk etc, were Democrats? So why are Republicans fighting to keep a flag belonging to Democrats up?
Because Democrats of slavery and the kkk have switched parties with the Republicans is more likely.... y'all try to blame the Dems of today for past sins, but it's really the ancestors of today's Republicans in the South's past sins... is what seems obvious, to me....

Purely a political stunt. He was still using the n word til the end.

Because he was a Democrat, he got a free pass.

David Duke denounced the KKK years ago, but that dude is still considered the Grand Wizard.

Do you see your incredible double standard and extremely unreasonable hypocrisy?

Trent Lott, who was never a member of the KKK, made nice comments about a former KKK guy (Strom Thurmond) who "repented" MUCH LIKE BYRD, but because the guy was not a Democrat, TRENT LOTT was forced to apologize.

Who am I kidding? OF COURSE you can't see your own hypocrisy and double standard.

Right wing gobbledygook...He was a penitent man.

He was only "penitent" because he was a Democrat. Be honest.

and he is trying to impugn ALL democrats because of 1 democrat!

imagine his outrage if you said "one conservative is a member of the KKK so that proves that ALL REPUBLICANS are KKK lovers"

and speaking of david duke

"Why we voted for Donald Trump": David Duke explains the ...
www.vox.com › charlottesville-protests-david-duke-kkk

Aug 12, 2017 - David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard, is unambiguous about what Saturday's alt-right and neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, means ...

but he is a republican so conservatives give him a free pass......

Slick Willy flew the Stars and Bars over the State House while governor, so I assume you think he and Hitlery are both racist, right?

Beside the point. The Confederacy does not exist today either. So what's your problem with the flag? Have you noticed that all 50 States have and fly flags of their own and probably all have had slavery one time or another? Hypocrisy.

I can understand wanting to keep the confederate flag alive for one's ancestry' s sake, my ancestors on my father's side were mostly confederates.... most were not slave owners, but so far in my ancestry search, I've found only 3 great great etc grandfather's that were... but most were just farmers, with no slaves....only their 8 to 12 children each, as their farm laborers.... but the men relatives still served in the Confederate States Army through being drafted...

But, and that's a big BUT.... What I have slowly realized over my decades, it's such a hurtful reminder of what human beings, that were slaves and the ancestors of today's African Americans, had to go through...

That flying flag is a sign to them, that they too are STILL thought of, as less than human beings....

And that's just unacceptable to me.... I want no part in a continuation of hurting them, even if simply their feelings.

Fine, if they don't like it then propose legislation to ban the flag and let everyone vote their feelings about it, but Ooops! those states and their legal systems were all created by evil slave owners and worse, the buildings fly the American flag, created by evil slave owners, and must abide by the US Constitution, which defined a black man as only three fifths of a white man, so legal channels are just too painful to pursue and black Americans have no choice but to ignore the law and just destroy the flags and monuments of the Confederacy when they are not too busy looting and burning Target stores.

Slavery was evil and were the Jim Crow laws, and black people were oppressed for much of our history, but they are no longer oppressed. Today, black Americans have all the same rights and opportunities as other Americans and we have a plethora of laws, government agencies to protect those rights, so if seeing someone waving a confederate flag, even if he is a white supremacist makes them feel less than human, it is is not because the guy with the flag has any particular weight or influence but because evil Democrats are exploiting the insecurities of black people for their own political gain before an election. It is you, not the guy with the flag who is causing them pain.

He was only "penitent" because he was a Democrat. Be honest.
He was penitent, because he spoke and showed remorse.

I never thought Trent lot meant harm by what he told Strom at his birthday party....You can search the threads here on it, they will verify my stance.

N
Not of "our past". Of the past. They lost.
We get it, you're a Bolshevik that hasn't been in the US that long so of course it's not your heritage.

I am a black South Carolinian. Here’s why I support the ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/...

Four years ago, I became a national news story after I hung a Confederate flag in my dorm room window at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. Controversy wasn’t my intention. For me and many Southerners, the flag celebrates my heritage and regional pride. One of my ancestors, Benjamin Thomas, was a black Confederate cook, and I do not want to turn my back on his service to the South. So I hang the flag in honor of his hard work and dedication to South Carolina during the Civil War.

My Confederate flag isn’t racist; after all, I am black. I’m also an American who strongly believes in the constitutional right to free speech. I fought back against the university’s demand that I take my flag down simply because others view it as a symbol of racism. I fought back against the racist interpretation of the flag and I won.

Now there’s a similar debate about the Confederate flag that flies over South Carolina’s statehouse. In the wake of the Charleston church shooting and pictures of the accused killer posing with the Confederate flag, people have demanded the flag be permanently removed from the statehouse grounds. I deeply respect and honor the nine people whose lives were lost in that church, who died with love in their hearts even though evil was among them. I felt that lowering the flag would give power to the racist terrorist who killed them. For a long time, it bothered me that every time someone raised the Confederate flag, someone else fought to have it removed. Racists hijacked the Confederate flag, and by effectively banning it on college campuses and government grounds, we would allow them to keep it.

But my perspective has changed. In her speech this week calling for state legislators to remove the flag from the statehouse grounds, Gov. Nikki Haley spoke of unity. She equally acknowledged the pain and the pride that the flag holds for South Carolinians. She noted how debate over the flag was hurting the state’s soul. “We are not going to allow this symbol to divide us any longer,” she said. “The fact that it causes pain to so many is enough to move it from the capitol grounds.”

I love the Confederate flag, but I love South Carolina and its citizens more. While the flag’s existence on the statehouse grounds never offended me — and it still does not today — I can’t ignore the deep pain that it causes for many people in my state. I can’t ignore that many can’t love South Carolina as I do until the flag is removed. Continuing to let it fly at our capitol could incite the kind of protests and violence that have erupted in other states that ignore the pain of some of its citizens. I don’t want to see fires, looting and violence in our streets simply because we refuse to let go of symbols of our past. That kind of demonstration would be out of line with the friendly and patriotic character of South Carolina.

Taking down the Confederate flag does not mean supporters of the flag have lost. It’s a message that we refuse to allow the people who use the flag as a symbol of hate to divide us.
We may never completely agree on whether the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism or pride, and whether the Civil War was fought primarily over slavery or state’s rights. But South Carolinians should turn their focus to what we do agree on: that we are citizens of the greatest country in the world and the most patriotic state in the nation. As such, just two banners should fly over our statehouse grounds: the South Carolina flag and the American flag.

Regardless of what happens at the statehouse, I will continue to hang the Confederate flag in my apartment. Because of that decision, I’ve been called “an Uncle Tom” and “a sellout,” and accused of despising my race. Let me be clear: I love the skin that I am in. God gave me my skin color, but he also gave me freedom to think for myself and the right to stand by my beliefs. My skin color should not determine how I think, what I believe and what flags I hang in my home. This process should teach us all to respect the beliefs of others. I hope those who view the Confederate flag as a symbol of hate will keep open minds to those who view it as a symbol of Southern heritage and history, regardless of their race.

I can understand wanting to keep the confederate flag alive for one's ancestry' s sake, my ancestors on my father's side were mostly confederates.... most were not slave owners, but so far in my ancestry search, I've found only 3 great great etc grandfather's that were... but most were just farmers, with no slaves....only their 8 to 12 children each, as their farm laborers.... but the men relatives still served in the Confederate States Army through being drafted...

Fine, if they don't like it then propose legislation to ban the flag and let everyone vote their feelings about it, but Ooops! those states and their legal systems were all created by evil slave owners and worse, the buildings fly the American flag, created by evil slave owners, and must abide by the US Constitution, which defined a black man as only three fifths of a white man, so legal channels are just too painful to pursue and black Americans have no choice but to ignore the law and just destroy the flags and monuments of the Confederacy when they are not too busy looting and burning Target stores.

Slavery was evil and were the Jim Crow laws, and black people were oppressed for much of our history, but they are no longer oppressed. Today, black Americans have all the same rights and opportunities as other Americans and we have a plethora of laws, government agencies to protect those rights, so if seeing someone waving a confederate flag, even if he is a white supremacist makes them feel less than human, it is is not because the guy with the flag has any particular weight or influence but because evil Democrats are exploiting the insecurities of black people for their own political gain before an election. It is you, not the guy with the flag who is causing them pain.
Easier said than done...
It's hard to pick oneself up by their bootstraps, when they were barefoot a few hundred years, and had no shoes.

Easier said than done...
It's hard to pick oneself up by their bootstraps, when they were barefoot a few hundred years, and had no shoes.

Nonsense, we are a nation of immigrants. People came here with nothing who didn't even speak the language and the next generation flourished. Black people are being held back by people like you who tell them they are still oppressed and have no opportunities because some guy is carrying a flag.

But you don't mind hurting the feelings of those who attach entirely different connotations to the flag? It's OK to insist that there is only one "correct" way to view a symbol and to force your own opinion on everyone else? I don't think so. That's not what America is about.

But you don't mind hurting the feelings of those who attach entirely different connotations to the flag? It's OK to insist that there is only one "correct" way to view a symbol and to force your own opinion on everyone else? I don't think so. That's not what America is about.

Some people matter more than other people. Sometimes based on race.

BUT, it's not racist, because a liberal is doing it. It could only be racist, if it was republican doing it.

Easier said than done...

Nonsense, we are a nation of immigrants. People came here with nothing who didn't even speak the language and the next generation flourished. Black people are being held back by people like you who tell them they are still oppressed and have no opportunities because some guy is carrying a flag.

I think the criminal tearing down of statues is wrong... They should legally be removed, in places where the statues were put up, with no local history behind them.... but the true history of these confederate officers belong in a museum, or on the grounds of historical battlefields, such as Gettysburg.... with historical reference.

He was a massive racist and leader of the KKK. And YOUR racist party kept electing him to the US Senate.

Forum List

Back