The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

Acceptance is not approval. Cut the crap.

Most have been forced to "accept" the "choice" between two mediocre to crappy political presidential candidates and cable TV providers for decades. Doesn't translate to "rebranding" or "approval." You just make shit up, repeat it ad nauseum, and call it "proof." Fuck you and your vacuous logic.

If the confederate flag was considered in the 80s, even just by liberals, the way you libs pretend to consider it now, the presentation of Bo and Luke Duke in a sympathetic light, while tooling around in the General Lee with a big ole Confederate Flag painted on the roof,

would never had been done, and if done, would have generated tremendous backlash.

The easy acceptance of the show, and the way they presented those symbols as utterly harmless, proves my point, that they have long ago been "rebranded" as harmless symbols of regional pride.

My logic is bulletproof, which is why the other posters have spent most of their time and energy pretending to not understand it, and attacking strawmen.

What is upsetting you, is your brain feeling the pain of learning.

YOu lib asshole.
Other shows, like All in the Family, proved you're a buffoon.

Yet, you don't explain how or why....

Loser.
LOL

Liar, I already explained how America turned in to watch racism and bigotry with All in the family, just as they turned in to watch Dukes of Hazzard. Americans no more accepted the Confederate flag and General Lee as they did racism and bigotry.

You're literally relying on TV shows to invent a point about reality. :cuckoo:

And I pointed out that All in the Family was a far more serious and nuanced show. Archie Bunker, was presented not an idealized hero, but as a deeply flawed man.

The DUkes of Hazzard was a much simpler show,and there was nothing on the nuance of All in the Family, especially in relation to their regional pride. or the General Lee and the Confederate Flag painted on it's top.

YOur denial of this obvious and glaring truth, is just you stone walling.

And there is nothing wrong with looking at a society's entertainment to learn about or make a point about a society, or what they believe or accept.

I said most
The Dukes of Hazzard represented the flag, as demonstrated with my pic of the Gen Lee, and it's owners and their very attractive cousin,

as a harmless symbol of regional pride, celebrated by sympathetic and attractive main characters, and the nation as a whole accepted that without any shock or surprise.

Indeed, that show became a NATIONAL hit, loved as good, harmless, fluff entertainment by fans all over this nation.

One buffoonish TV program does not negate what far many more viewed as a different type of "symbol".

The easy acceptance of the tv show, by the nation as a whole and the way it portrayed the symbol, shows that the vast majority of America, viewed it as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

THat is my point. Would you like to address it now, or pretend to not understand it some more?

I addressed it already. Several times. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was nothing more than a cartoonish, buffoonish television show that portrayed some backwoods hicks who couldn't get out of their own way, as being harmless.

On the national and worldwide stage, that same flag represents much more than some innocuous symbol of "regional pride".

As I said before, fly it proudly.

Its history needs to be common knowledge.....and to most it is.

The easy acceptance by the nation wide viewing audience of the heroes' use of the symbols, proves that on the national stage, that the flag was accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

That is the point. The reaction of the nation wide viewing audience. Which utterly refutes your claim.

You keep pretending to not get that.

That is the history of this.
The nation also accepted the outright bigotry and racism of Archie Bunker in his role on a TV show. That doesn't mean bigotry or racism was, or is, tolerated by the folks who were entertained by it while watching All in the Family.

if done, would have generated tremendous backlash.
TV Land Yanks ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Amid Confederate Flag Backlash

Better late than never. Plenty objected loudly at the time. They were just ignored back then.

Translation: "They weren't pussies back then."

What does it say on that flag in my signature?
I dunno, perhaps John Wayne was "one of the 20th Century’s most deceitful & pitiful men. A supporter of McCarthy, war cheerleader & moralizer who casually impugned patriotism & called people perverts while draft-dodging & having serial drunken affairs.”? That might be interesting.. "Wayne was anything but a real-life war hero." or "Wayne was no model of physical courage or moral rectitude."? Any of those would be refreshingly honest admissions,.. But do I care enough to even look? Nah.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Yup, most didn't own slaves like I said,, and many slaves were with that family for a few generations, they were family, They were terrified of what the elite Democrats would’ve did in retaliation to free blacks which eventually came true Jim Crowe laws lynching etc... elite democrats still attack free blacks nothing has changed

What you stated was that 90% of the south did not have slaves.

Must I continue to spoon feed you facts that you choose to ignore?
Yup, most didn't own slaves like I said,, and many slaves were with that family for a few generations, they were family, They were terrified of what the elite Democrats would’ve did in retaliation to free blacks which eventually came true Jim Crowe laws lynching etc... elite democrats still attack free blacks nothing has changed

I said most
Sure it did. IN the early 1860s, it stood for an army of the Confederacy.

Not long after that, it slowly morphed into a harmless symbol of regional pride.

And has been accepted as such, by America as a whole, for over 5 generations.

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

Hardly. I've been to the majority of the states in this country, have quite a few active and retired educators in my family from states all over America, and heard many different views on it....very few of which view it as a "long standing, harmless symbol of regional pride", as you call it.

Outside of the south, and among a minuscule fringe of states rights sympathizers, it does not get much positive recognition.

At all.

But, I'm all for letting it fly, as a teachable example to future generations of what it's history stands for.

The photo below was taken within the "5 generation," period of "regional pride" that you reference, and I remember seeing some scenes like this, up close and personal when with my parents at civil rights marches in the south during the 1960's.

View attachment 313321

The Dukes of Hazzard represented the flag, as demonstrated with my pic of the Gen Lee, and it's owners and their very attractive cousin,

as a harmless symbol of regional pride, celebrated by sympathetic and attractive main characters, and the nation as a whole accepted that without any shock or surprise.

Indeed, that show became a NATIONAL hit, loved as good, harmless, fluff entertainment by fans all over this nation.

One buffoonish TV program does not negate what far many more viewed as a different type of "symbol".

The easy acceptance of the tv show, by the nation as a whole and the way it portrayed the symbol, shows that the vast majority of America, viewed it as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

THat is my point. Would you like to address it now, or pretend to not understand it some more?

I addressed it already. Several times. "The Dukes of Hazzard" was nothing more than a cartoonish, buffoonish television show that portrayed some backwoods hicks who couldn't get out of their own way, as being harmless.

On the national and worldwide stage, that same flag represents much more than some innocuous symbol of "regional pride".

I like how these racists who claim to hate Hollywood is using a show created by Hollywood as proof that the Confederate flag isn't that bad .

But during the same time that show was on, those same Confederate flag waving racists were still hanging black folks...

Leave it up to these racist ass dic suckers, Hogan's Heroes proves that the Nazis and the whole Holocaust thing wasn't that bad.

These people are pathetic...

I said most
"America as a whole"?

Hardly. I've been to the majority of the states in this country, have quite a few active and retired educators in my family from states all over America, and heard many different views on it....very few of which view it as a "long standing, harmless symbol of regional pride", as you call it.

Outside of the south, and among a minuscule fringe of states rights sympathizers, it does not get much positive recognition.

At all.

But, I'm all for letting it fly, as a teachable example to future generations of what it's history stands for.

The photo below was taken within the "5 generation," period of "regional pride" that you reference, and I remember seeing some scenes like this, up close and personal when with my parents at civil rights marches in the south during the 1960's.

View attachment 313321

I like how these racists who claim to hate Hollywood is using a show created by Hollywood as proof that the Confederate flag isn't that bad .

But during the same time that show was on, those same Confederate flag waving racists were still hanging black folks...

iu

Thus goes the SJW talking points.

if done, would have generated tremendous backlash.
TV Land Yanks ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Amid Confederate Flag Backlash

Better late than never. Plenty objected loudly at the time. They were just ignored back then.

Translation: "They weren't pussies back then."

What does it say on that flag in my signature?
I dunno, perhaps John Wayne was "one of the 20th Century’s most deceitful & pitiful men. A supporter of McCarthy, war cheerleader & moralizer who casually impugned patriotism & called people perverts while draft-dodging & having serial drunken affairs.”? That might be interesting.. "Wayne was anything but a real-life war hero." or "Wayne was no model of physical courage or moral rectitude."? Any of those would be refreshingly honest admissions,.. But do I care enough to even look? Nah.

Your pretense of being too stupid to understand the difference between "signature" and "avatar" is not credible.

He point was clear. He doesn't care about your snowflake feelings. That you were too cowardly to address that, ironically validates his position.

Do you understand that?

I said most
"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

1. I am not a racist. FUck you, you cowardly faggot.

2. Hollywood was less bad back then. Liberalism was less far gone.

3. And regardless, the point is still valid. AMERICA as a whole accepted the presentation of the confederate flag and a the name Gen Lee, as harmless symbols of regional pride to be used by sympathetic characters.

4. The heyday of lynching was back in the 1800s, you fucking moron. THe 1980s? You couldn't match a single Chicago weekend death toll with the entire decade of "lynching".

I said most

iu

It is all they got. And they are fooling fewer and fewer people with it, all the time. But, it is still all they got.

I dunno, perhaps John Wayne was ..

Not an SJW pussy like you. A Patriotic American, unlike you.
Eew, seems I struck a noive..

At least one of us has been an actual Warrior!

Oh! so he drums up some stolen-valor-type stuff!

Okay cupcake, what battles did you fight in? What years were you deployed and what did you do? What unit were you in?

You ever inject a village mullah with deadly poison in the middle of the night? Sup?

I know quite a bit about things like this. Okay, I can't post that one..

I'm more of a warrior than you, and I've never officially been to war.

Standard lib tactic. Be an asshole, and then when the person you are being an asshole to, responds appropriately, pretend that normal and healthy reaction is THEM being unreasonable.

Strangely effective, if you control the conversation, or have the mods on your side, or a pack of mindless jackals to howl down any comebacks.

All it requires is that you have the honesty and self respect of a crack whore.

So, libs wallow in it.

I said most

iu

I only debate my equals, all others I teach...

And once again...this post was about who would be possible black republican presidential candidates...and dont give me no "it's too early to have that talk" BS because you dumb asses are already talking about trump Jr, Ivanka being candidates...

And instead of that discussion, you dic suckers still talking about slavery and the civil war...

Which is why there is no debate ...you are a moron

iu

And once again...this post was about who would be possible black republican presidential candidates...and dont give me no, it's too early to have that talk because you dumb asses are already talking about trump Jr, Ivanka being candidates...

And instead of that discussion, you dic suckers still talking about slavery and the civil war...

As a prof of mine once said: "Those who can't do, teach!"

PS: You're not spinning hard enough, cupcake. You gotta spin harder than that to worm your way out of this.

Okay cupcake, what battles did you fight in? What years were you deployed and what did you do? What unit were you in?

You ever inject a village mullah with deadly poison in the middle of the night? Sup?

Um, that was about "SJW" and John Wayne, slowpoke. Couldn't care less about you personally. Sorry, loser.

iu

And once again...this post was about who would be possible black republican presidential candidates...and dont give me no, it's too early to have that talk because you dumb asses are already talking about trump Jr, Ivanka being candidates...

PS: You're not spinning hard enough, cupcake.
Why cant you address the point of the post then??

If someone asked you what time it was -- would you go into a long diatribe about your opposition to interracial marriage instead??

iu

I addressed the topic. Trump is president, we hope he gets re-elected in 2020, and Pence then gets elected for two terms.

It is unlikely that if that happened, that the country would really be up for electing his VP, I would hope so.

It is too early to speculate, for me, on what republicans might be ready for an presidential run, in 12 or 16 years.

White or black.

That the conversation has wandered, is not surprising.

As for dic sucking, you are the only faggot here. I heard that you once choked on so many dicks for so long that you ended up with brain damage.

Um, that was about "SJW" and John Wayne, slowpoke. Couldn't care less about you personally. Sorry, loser.

Oh! So you're proud to be a "Social Justice Warrior", do I have that correct?

iu

PS: You're not spinning hard enough, cupcake.
Why cant you address the point of the post then??

If someone asked you what time it was -- would you go into a long diatribe about your opposition to interracial marriage instead??

Said the faggot that keeps bringing up dick sucking.

Forum List

Back