The End of Affirmative Action?

Its totally wrong.
Almost all the people who rise to the top, whether CEO or Nobel Prize, tend to be those who take credit for the work of others, and are not superior in any way.
Nobel Prize winners are indeed superior. You’re just reluctant to give credit to high-achievers because then you’d have to acknowledge that people are largely responsible for their own outcomes.

Nobel Prize winners are indeed superior. You’re just reluctant to give credit to high-achievers because then you’d have to acknowledge that people are largely responsible for their own outcomes.

And women who occupy roles on corporate boards often do not hold the most powerful positions. About 28.2% of board members are female, the study found. However, many of these women were appointed to nonexecutive roles, which are often centered on board oversight rather than real decision-making power.

And it’s okay for it to stay this way forever right?

Yes you could switch black people to any other minority. The white men in charge of all the Fortune 500 aren’t hiring and promoting any of them either. Not Asians, Hispanics, indians, women, gays.

Amazingly the best qualified for the job are always straight white men.
If those companies want to go down to the toilet, what is your problem?

No I didn’t get that from the movie. Only Archie bunker types got that message from the movie.
haha, you better rewatch the movie. The movie illustrates 2 worlds, one has the green book, and the other doesn't. What is happening in the one doesn't? A black person can hire a white person as his driver. Do you know what is the kicker? That white person prejudices black people (maybe a little racist).
I thought the movie is another left-wing dumb movie at first, but I changed my view after the interview scenes

Mom and pops can hire whoever they want.

It dawned on me last night. You whites who say affirmative action should be abolished and that bias doesn’t factor into why you only hire white men.

I live in metro detroit. I’m a liberal. We are just as segregated as the south. Whites do not want to live with blacks. None of us do. That’s the truth.

So if that’s the truth, can We really say we want them working with us?

So don’t tell me this bias isn’t hurting black people.

Im not saying it’s right for us to not want to live with black people. I’m saying if that’s how we feel how can you try to say we are being fair when we interview them for jobs?
I don’t feel that way, I want to hire just the best.I don’t care about race, religion, sex, sexual preference.

Mom and pops can hire whoever they want.

It dawned on me last night. You whites who say affirmative action should be abolished and that bias doesn’t factor into why you only hire white men.

I live in metro detroit. I’m a liberal. We are just as segregated as the south. Whites do not want to live with blacks. None of us do. That’s the truth.

So if that’s the truth, can We really say we want them working with us?

So don’t tell me this bias isn’t hurting black people.

Im not saying it’s right for us to not want to live with black people. I’m saying if that’s how we feel how can you try to say we are being fair when we interview them for jobs?
You are a pathetic, sad, person.
I am a white person who wants and does live around and work with blacks and minorities of all kinds.
I am better for it. It is creating a healthy functional world.

Let's hope it's the end of AA. Equal Treatment regardless of gender or skin color is supposed to be the American way. Long overdue.
Unfortunately it would be temporary. While married white couples are only having one or two children, Hispanics in America are breeding like rabbits. Whites will become a minority in the US in a couple of decades.

This is bound to be another feather in Trump's hat:

The U.S. Supreme Court announced it would hear one of two cases on Oct. 31 that could dismantle the 40-year precedent of race-based affirmative action in university admissions, with universities now urging the court to preserve the decision despite some expert opinion to the contrary.

Students for Fair Admissions Inc. (SFFA) v. President & Fellows of Harvard College is one of two cases to come before the Supreme Court urging it to eliminate race as an admissions factor and, as a result, overturn the precedent case, Grutter v. Bollinger. The case also seeks to answer whether Harvard College violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act through its alleged discrimination against Asian American students, stemming from the initial lawsuit.

We need affirmtive action for the children of MAGA parents. The kids have grown up in a culture that does not value education along with a dysfunctional basis. A culture that has put them at a disadvantge as they grow up.
The MAGA children need affirmative action to help them get an education and pull them out of a culture of disadvantage.

We need affirmtive action for the children of MAGA parents. The kids have grown up in a culture that does not value education along with a dysfunctional basis. A culture that has put them at a disadvantge as they grow up.
The MAGA children need affirmative action to help them get an education and pull them out of a culture of disadvantage.
The Chinese simply called them "re-education camps" for those who doubted the teachings of Chairman Mao.

A rose by any other name...

Unfortunately it would be temporary. While married white couples are only having one or two children, Hispanics in America are breeding like rabbits. Whites will become a minority in the US in a couple of decades.
That's OK. I love Mexican food.

I am a white person who wants and does live around and work with blacks and minorities of all kinds.
It depends. I live in a nice neighborhood, and the blacks near me are pleasant, middle-class, educated, and professional.

But I wouldn’t want to live in a poor black neighborhood - or work in a primarily black environment. My aunt taught school where she was the only white there - including the teachers - and they were horrible to her. Even the teachers ostracized her.

Living around blacks makes for a healthier more functional world? Where do you live? What city?

I bet your city has no more than 15% blacks. And they are middle class blacks.

No one, and I mean NO ONE wants blacks moving in to their community in large numbers. Crime goes up and property values go down.

Just tell me what city you live in so I can investigate the kind of world they are creating in your community.

Forum List

Back