The End of Affirmative Action?

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
This is bound to be another feather in Trump's hat:

The U.S. Supreme Court announced it would hear one of two cases on Oct. 31 that could dismantle the 40-year precedent of race-based affirmative action in university admissions, with universities now urging the court to preserve the decision despite some expert opinion to the contrary.

Students for Fair Admissions Inc. (SFFA) v. President & Fellows of Harvard College is one of two cases to come before the Supreme Court urging it to eliminate race as an admissions factor and, as a result, overturn the precedent case, Grutter v. Bollinger. The case also seeks to answer whether Harvard College violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act through its alleged discrimination against Asian American students, stemming from the initial lawsuit.

6-3.jpg

The Court would not dare overturn AA in college.

If one thinks the Roe decision caused a commotion, that would be child's play compared with the protests that would occur if students were admitted solely on their qualifications.

Let's tell it as it is: In 2022 America, certain groups are being given special consideration in order to make up for the past.

Just heard an Air Force official who lamented the fact that about 80% of Air Force pilots are Caucasian. He said that this must change. And so it WILL change (even if it means accepting less qualified recruits).

George Sorosis is making sure the factories aren't getting behind in their orders for teeshirts to coincide with the upcoming "spontaneous" BLM riots scheduled to follow.

Last edited:
Let's hope it's the end of AA. Equal Treatment regardless of gender or skin color is supposed to be the American way. Long overdue.

The U.S. Supreme Court announced it would hear one of two cases on Oct. 31 that could dismantle the 40-year precedent of race-based affirmative action in university admissions, with universities now urging the court to preserve the decision despite some expert opinion to the contrary.

Students for Fair Admissions Inc. (SFFA) v. President & Fellows of Harvard College is one of two cases to come before the Supreme Court urging it to eliminate race as an admissions factor and, as a result, overturn the precedent case, Grutter v. Bollinger. The case also seeks to answer whether Harvard College violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act through its alleged discrimination against Asian American students, stemming from the initial lawsuit.

Yes, I’ve reported about this upcoming case.

The 2003 Grutter case was always meant as a temporary kick-the-can down the road thing, and if you read it, the justices said allowing the consideration of race as a factor in admissions would continue to around another 20 or 25 years and could then be abolished. Since then, we’ve had another entire generation of blacks get admitted over whites with better scores and grades, but that will come to an end next year.

Harvard and others will no longer be able to prioritize blacks over whites, and these racist practices will finally be stopped.

Yes, I’ve reported about this upcoming case.

The Grutter case was always meant as a temporary kick-the-can down the road thing, and if you read it, the justices said allowing the consideration of race as a factor in admissions would continue to around another 20 or 25 years and could then be abolished. Since then, we’ve had another e tire generation of blacks get admitted over whites with better scores and grades, but that will come to an end next year.
Let's hope that after being taken out of the jungle hundreds of years ago they're evolved enough to take their rightful place in civilization without a crutch.

George Sorosis is making sure the factories aren't getting behind in their orders for teeshirts to coincide with the upcoming "spontaneous" BLM riots scheduled to follow.
Yup. Blacks and their enabling white leftists keep saying the blacks don’t gain by the perversion of the original AA intention, but watch them scream bloody murder when it’s ruled that you can’t use race to decide who gets in and who is rejected.

Yup. Blacks and their enabling white leftists keep saying the blacks don’t gain by the perversion of the original AA intention, but watch them scream bloody murder when it’s ruled that you can’t use race to decide who gets in and who is rejected.

The only way to ensure that admissions are not based on race and/or sex is to eliminate that criteria from the application. Last names only, no M/F and no extracurricular activities that would reveal sex(e.g football, cheerleading) Colleges are hell-bent on pushing diversity that even if AA is over-turned, I fear they will find another way to discriminate.

Somewhere in Kansas, IM2 just kicked a puppy.

The only way to ensure that admissions are not based on race and/or sex is to eliminate that criteria from the application. Last names only, no M/F and no extracurricular activities that would reveal sex(e.g football, cheerleading) Colleges are hell-bent on pushing diversity that even if AA is over-turned, I fear they will find another way to discriminate.
Yes, great idea.

And also yes….the leftists infecting these colleges will be hell-bent on working around it to continue their “diversity” goals. That’s where the entire concept of holistic admissions came in. They looked for things where blacks would (or could, since it was subjective) score higher than whites and Asians, and thus close the point gap and better justify why an Asian or white with a 3.7 was rejected and a black with 3.2 got in.

That’s where this latest case comes in. Harvard devised a personality test, scored Asians low on subjective traits, and then declared they were rejected despite their superior academics because they were unlikeable. Disgraceful.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

This might be an update.

It's on Huffpo this morning

Previous studies of states that banned the consideration of race in admissions found that the implementation of race-neutral policies led to a reduction of Black and Hispanic enrollment in the most highly selective colleges and universities.

If I were black, or a woman, I'd vote Democratic.

Well, you are already a Democrat, so all you need to do is think you are a black woman and then you are.

BTW -- you should expand on your theory that blacks are inherently inferior to whites and so need a handicap.

This might be an update.

It's on Huffpo this morning

Previous studies of states that banned the consideration of race in admissions found that the implementation of race-neutral policies led to a reduction of Black and Hispanic enrollment in the most highly selective colleges and universities.

Well of course it led to a reduction of black and Hispanic enrollment. They were admitted because of favoritism based on race and wouldn’t have gotten in otherwise.

I’m a woman and won’t vote to get favored over people better qualified because of my gender. I know I am capable of earning my spot, fairly.

Well of course it led to a reduction of black and Hispanic enrollment. They were admitted because of favoritism based on race and wouldn’t have gotten in otherwise.

I’m a woman and won’t vote to get favored over people better qualified because of my gender. I know I am capable of earning my spot, fairly.
You may be capable but before AA, white men didn't chose you for the job. White women are the biggest benefactors of affirmative action.

Because of you, I wish we could take it all back and see how many women would be in VP and CEO positions today. Far less. And would you defend those numbers or would then you admit there is a good old white boys network in corporate America.

My brother says don't bother going into HR if you are a man. Women get to head that department now. Right now there's probably 95% white boys who run the HR department in America. Every day that number goes down because companies are looking for women, or minorities. GOD I wish that would all go away so you would wake up. Then you would have to explain why so few women have "earned" those positions.

Not only are they looking for women, if a man would be paid $1 mill a year to be VP of HR, a woman makes $2 million or more. The woman who took over for my brother would have never got the job if not for AA. Now she makes $4 million dollars a year.

You're the typical woman who votes against her own self interests. Ignorant and arrogant.

And what you don't understand, stupid, is that most of the time the white man isn't getting picked over you because he's better qualified. It's bias that's why us white men get the job.

MAN I would love to go back in time and NEVER implement AA and you'd see how few women have actually "EARNED" those high positions.

And what you don't understand, stupid, is that most of the time the white man isn't getting picked over you because he's better qualified. It's bias that's why us white men get the job.

MAN I would love to go back in time and NEVER implement AA and you'd see how few women have actually "EARNED" those high positions.
Goodness, so in addition to thinking blacks are inferior, you think women are inferior.

Forum List

Back