The effects of Climate Change on the earth

I was a teenager in the early 1970's and I clearly remember seeing and reading the magazines about scientific predictions of global freezing wiping out humanity.
Scientists were calling it the new Ice Age. ... :cool:
I was in my mid-thirties, and remember the magazines hyperbolic predictions well. I also remember that the scientists who said we might trigger a new ice age were basing that opinion on the amount of pollution we were putting into the atmosphere, and the fact that it was reflecting sunlight. However, we cleaned that up, and then saw the rapid warming we are seeing today. In 1975, the PNAS had an article that addressed this. What the thrust of the article was that we had too little understanding of the climate to make accurate predictions. However, they also added that the majority of the scientists thought the warming from the increasing GHGs was going to be the problem. By 1981, Dr. James Hansen definitely proved the problem was going to be warming in his seminal article concerning the observed affects of GHGs in the atmosphere.

No, people like you who have never worked with massive amounts of data.
I have.
That is what I do, that is what I taught in college. The data that I have is from NOAA and doesn't show what you believe it does.
The wacky left has an issue of blowing everything out of proportion while not looking at history to see what is really going on. Democrat sees a 1 F increase over 70 years and predict that the world will be underwater in 10 years. But history tells us that we do better when it is warmer than colder.
You can't grow things if it is cold, you can when it is warm.

View attachment 520640
This is a chart for your panic and is why people with normal thought processes will just shrug. Notice how even those temps are? Yeah, your media didn't.
My, my, you really like to demonstrate you complete ignorance. Now what grows more things, Saudi Arabia or Alaska? And here is an accurate depiction of the temperature variation since 1979;
1627957602822.png

These threads are stupid.
The presumption is that the Earth's climate is to remain static for the benefit of humans because we stupidly built mega cities in flood prone regions. No expense must be spared preventing climate deviations that have only happened since the planet developed an atmosphere.

Next up, preventing tectonic plate shifting, because we all know it's a matter of time till the west coast disappears as California moves toward Alaska.

Also, the plugging up of toxic stacks belching heavy metals and particles, with a variety poisonous chemicals, those things we call Volcanoes, the biggest polluters of the globe.

Save the Earth!!!!!

It's killing itself.
No, you are fucking stupid.

Do the Earth's volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? No.​

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a greenhouse gas and is the primary gas blamed for climate change. While sulfur dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has occasionally caused detectable global cooling of the lower atmosphere, the carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has never caused detectable global warming of the atmosphere. In 2010, human activities were responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions. All studies to date of global volcanic carbon dioxide emissions indicate that present-day subaerial and submarine volcanoes release less than a percent of the carbon dioxide released currently by human activities. While it has been proposed that intense volcanic release of carbon dioxide in the deep geologic past did cause global warming, and possibly some mass extinctions, this is a topic of scientific debate at present.

No, you are fucking stupid.

Do the Earth's volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? No.​

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a greenhouse gas and is the primary gas blamed for climate change. While sulfur dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has occasionally caused detectable global cooling of the lower atmosphere, the carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has never caused detectable global warming of the atmosphere. In 2010, human activities were responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions. All studies to date of global volcanic carbon dioxide emissions indicate that present-day subaerial and submarine volcanoes release less than a percent of the carbon dioxide released currently by human activities. While it has been proposed that intense volcanic release of carbon dioxide in the deep geologic past did cause global warming, and possibly some mass extinctions, this is a topic of scientific debate at present.
Dumbass, I specifically said pollutants...
All you just did is validate my point that volcanoes must be stopped.
Nor do any of you alarmist cultists ever answer what is Earth's ideal climate?

My, my, you really like to demonstrate you complete ignorance. Now what grows more things, Saudi Arabia or Alaska? And here is an accurate depiction of the temperature variation since 1979;
View attachment 520719

He left out the link as usual, here it to show that most of last months warming was from the Tropics, Australia and S. Hemisphere.

Massive warming in the red bolding.
Cooling in the Blue bolding.

YEAR MO GLOBE NHEM. SHEM. TROPIC USA48 ARCTIC AUST
2021 06 -0.01 0.31 -0.32 -0.14 1.44 0.63 -0.76
2021 07 0.20 0.33 0.07 0.13 0.58 0.43 0.80

LINK

Last edited:
He left out the link as usual, here it to show that most of last months warming was from the Tropics, Australia and S. Hemisphere.

Massive warming in the red bolding.
Cooling in the Blue bolding.

YEAR MO GLOBE NHEM. SHEM. TROPIC USA48 ARCTIC AUST
2021 06 -0.01 0.31 -0.32 -0.14 1.44 0.63 -0.76
2021 07 0.20 0.33 0.07 0.13 0.58 0.43 0.80

LINK
Last month? Who cares? You trying to win cherry picking denier of the year award or what?

Zero. Not needed, and far too expensive and dangerous.

More expensive and dangerous than all the grid scale batteries you want to build?

Newer designs are much safer, auto-scramming.

You need some reliable base load, because your windmills and solar aren't.

This is very real. Scientist have been predicting these things for a long time. We are beginning to see many of them happen.

I really expect the next real crisis will be the availability of drinkable water. The struggle will cause economic chaos and, in some cases, wars.
Could you explain why that in the Ordovician period 450 million years ago when the carbon dioxide level in Earth’s atmosphere was approximately 800% higher than it is today, glaciation occured?

Sure we do.
GR5FM3ULSRA7NOGZXUIFHKLLNM.jpg

Heat tops the list of weather-related fatalities nationwide in 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Photo: NOAA
weather_fatalities_2020.jpg

1980-2020_bdd_annual_cost.png

Month-by-month accumulation of estimated costs of each year's billion-dollar disasters, with colored lines showing 2020 (red) and the previous top-5 costliest years. Other years are light gray. By summer, 2020 had climbed into the top 5 costliest years on record, and it finished the year in fourth place. NOAA image by NCEI.

Last month? Who cares? You trying to win cherry picking denier of the year award or what?

You have nothing to offer as a counterpoint, why don't you try a real debate instead of making stupid statements that make you look stupid?

He didn't post the link for his UAH chart yet you let that and other dumb statements he made slide, your hypocrisy is obvious.

The link is there for you to see the rest of the monthly data for the planet, there is nothing misleading or dishonest in what I posted and you know it!

Last edited:
Same ol' tired stale graphs ... same ol' tired stale arguments ...

Turbofish has the right idea ... all this data is available at NOAA's website ... download it yourself and crunch the numbers ... it's not that hard but it will take a little time ... if you don't take that time, then you know your claims are bullshit ...

From the OP's link : "Hurricanes will Become Stronger and More Intense" ... this is factually wrong due to a lack of evidence ... crunch the numbers yourself, keeping in mind that satellite data from before the 1970's is considered unrelible (or non-existent actually) ... as you can plainly see, what little data we do have isn't treading in either direction, and also note the high variability ... the brainic term for this is very high "standard deviation" ... the only way NASA can come up with this conclusion is if they restrict their sample pool in order to drive up probabilities ... a deceptive tactic and one of the main ways to lie with statistics ... if we only consider brown-eyed people, then 100% of the world's population are brown-eyed ...

Absolutely hilarious NASA picks on Hurricane Katirna as our "worst case scenario" example ... "What are the chances of another Hurricane Katrina?" ... that's rich ... we have a probability of ONE, I mean certainty, that a stronger hurricane will form in the Gulf of Mexico within a month of Hurricane Katrina (902 mb) ... her name was Hurricane Rita (895 mb) ... HAW HAW HAW HAW ... it gets worst, just a few weeks later, Hurricane Wilma (882 mb) busted all the records, and still stands as the most intense hurricane recorded in the North Atlantic basin ...

Question for the Hystericals here ... are you advocating reducing the number of passenger vehicles by 90%? ... or not? ... God forbid we ditch our A/C's ...

ETA: The flooding in New Orleans in 2005 was mainly caused by levees not built to withstand a minimal Cat 3 Hurricane ... or actually the levees were built so poorly they wouldn't have held anyway, fraud in the construction trades there ... go through the dramatic rescue videos again ... see the water is up to the eaves, but every single roofing shingle is in place undamaged ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back