The effects of Climate Change on the earth

These threads are stupid.
The presumption is that the Earth's climate is to remain static for the benefit of humans because we stupidly built mega cities in flood prone regions. No expense must be spared preventing climate deviations that have only happened since the planet developed an atmosphere.

Next up, preventing tectonic plate shifting, because we all know it's a matter of time till the west coast disappears as California moves toward Alaska.

Also, the plugging up of toxic stacks belching heavy metals and particles, with a variety poisonous chemicals, those things we call Volcanoes, the biggest polluters of the globe.

Save the Earth!!!!!

It's killing itself.

How many people have died and how much plant and animal biomass has been lost in the floods and the droughts and the fires and the storms in your run up to that added 1F? And where is all that new crop land you all keep talking about? Weren't you going to feed the starving millions. Here's something to think about. The area of a sphere 1 degree wide centered on the equator, has an area of
No, people like you who have never worked with massive amounts of data.
I have.
That is what I do, that is what I taught in college. The data that I have is from NOAA and doesn't show what you believe it does.
The wacky left has an issue of blowing everything out of proportion while not looking at history to see what is really going on. Democrat sees a 1 F increase over 70 years and predict that the world will be underwater in 10 years. But history tells us that we do better when it is warmer than colder.
You can't grow things if it is cold, you can when it is warm.

View attachment 520640
This is a chart for your panic and is why people with normal thought processes will just shrug. Notice how even those temps are? Yeah, your media didn't.
Even in this graph, that you've obviously made to minimize warming, I can see the increase. If your college gave you a degree you might want to get in touch with them. I think they want it back.

These threads are stupid.
The presumption is that the Earth's climate is to remain static for the benefit of humans because we stupidly built mega cities in flood prone regions. No expense must be spared preventing climate deviations that have only happened since the planet developed an atmosphere.

Next up, preventing tectonic plate shifting, because we all know it's a matter of time till the west coast disappears as California moves toward Alaska.

Also, the plugging up of toxic stacks belching heavy metals and particles, with a variety poisonous chemicals, those things we call Volcanoes, the biggest polluters of the globe.

Save the Earth!!!!!

It's killing itself.
Wrong on every count.

Democrat sees a 1 F increase over 70 years and predict that the world will be underwater in 10 years.
Link, Mr. Innumerate? You've got nothing but bile and anecdotal evidence streaming from your bloated head. The OP provided NASA which cited the IPCC as its source. No mention of Democrats anywhere. Grow a clue.

But history tells us that we do better when it is warmer than colder.
Sure we do.
GR5FM3ULSRA7NOGZXUIFHKLLNM.jpg

Heat tops the list of weather-related fatalities nationwide in 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Photo: NOAA
weather_fatalities_2020.jpg

1980-2020_bdd_annual_cost.png

Month-by-month accumulation of estimated costs of each year's billion-dollar disasters, with colored lines showing 2020 (red) and the previous top-5 costliest years. Other years are light gray. By summer, 2020 had climbed into the top 5 costliest years on record, and it finished the year in fourth place. NOAA image by NCEI.

This is very real. Scientist have been predicting these things for a long time. We are beginning to see many of them happen.

I really expect the next real crisis will be the availability of drinkable water. The struggle will cause economic chaos and, in some cases, wars.

Heard all this in the 80's.

It wasn't true then either.

This is very real. Scientist have been predicting these things for a long time. We are beginning to see many of them happen.

I really expect the next real crisis will be the availability of drinkable water. The struggle will cause economic chaos and, in some cases, wars.
1627949699640.png

Sure we do.
GR5FM3ULSRA7NOGZXUIFHKLLNM.jpg

Heat tops the list of weather-related fatalities nationwide in 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Photo: NOAA
weather_fatalities_2020.jpg

1980-2020_bdd_annual_cost.png

Month-by-month accumulation of estimated costs of each year's billion-dollar disasters, with colored lines showing 2020 (red) and the previous top-5 costliest years. Other years are light gray. By summer, 2020 had climbed into the top 5 costliest years on record, and it finished the year in fourth place. NOAA image by NCEI.

Meanwhile you will ignore the 100 year trend:

1627949796206.png

The repub party has become the Talban of the United States. Whenever there are factual basis for a policy, the repub party is against it. That is why the US is the only developed nation in the world without a highly available public health insurance option. That is because the Repub party is still taking in millions from the private insurance lobbyist. Then the Former Guy comes along and takes the US out of he Paris Climate Agreement....and boasts about bringing back coal...which of course h e never did.

Zero. Not needed, and far too expensive and dangerous.

He has a plan to fight climate change ... but, it will require some adjustments in lifestyle ... hope you're not too attached too running water and toilet paper.

neolithic-1024x679.jpg

Forum List

Back