The dumbing down of America is nothing short of SCARY and we all see it every day

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA

I have been following this story, and in more ways that one, more ways than just watching or reading news. In other words, I've seen this in my peronal life.

There used to be TVs on at McDonald's and many of those franchisers had the TVs on Fox News. Today, NO McDonald's has this, that I know of and I have traveled through many states in the last several years. I don't even patronize McD for this reason. I think the head of that despicable company told ALL franchisers to ditch their TVs. One or 2 of them may have liberal "news" (ha ha) stations playing, but most don't even have that (though I am not whining about not having THAT).

So, you have what this guy is talking about in the video and you see it for yourself and then also we see clips of Fox crews asking people on the street about American history and etc, and you see the most assinine "answers."

Check this out

Last edited:
2nd video, you should skip to 1:20

people saying the Declaration of Independence was signed in "19-something"

This is very scary because we absolutely DO NOT want and CANNOT afford another virtual biden for pres

That guy was never too smart even before he .. lost "it"

I have been following this story, and in more ways that one, more ways than just watching or reading news. In other words, I've seen this in my peronal life.

There used to be TVs on at McDonald's and many of those franchisers had the TVs on Fox News. Today, NO McDonald's has this, that I know of and I have traveled through many states in the last several years. I don't even patronize McD for this reason. I think the head of that despicable company told ALL franchisers to ditch their TVs. One or 2 of them may have liberal "news" (ha ha) stations playing, but most don't even have that (though I am not whining about not having THAT).

So, you have what this guy is talking about in the video and you see it for yourself and then also we see clips of Fox crews asking people on the street about American history and etc, and you see the most assinine "answers."

Check this out

Dumbing down the MickyD crowd with Faux "Not" News Is that one of them newfangled double oximoroonie thingies?

Check this out

Fast food establishments are going through a rapid restructuring of their business models.
Things like TV's and playgrounds and warm comfortable dining rooms are disappearing, and there's a reason for it.

Here's the blunt answer: They don't want you to stay.
Once you've paid for your meal at the counter, that is all the money they will be receiving from you. If you sit in their dining room, you will likely, use the rest room, refill your coffee or soda, use more paper goods, and the management has a responsibility to provide heat and air conditioning for you. They want you out of there as quickly as possible. Most furnishings today are cold hard surfaces, that lack welcoming and comfortability.

Today, the business model is very different. They want you using their drive thrus.
When you go thru a drive thru, they hand you everything in a bag, and then you drive away, not using any of their support services. This is the way they want it, and today it's the business model of maximizing their profits.

Fast food establishments are going through a rapid restructuring of their business models.
Things like TV's and playgrounds and warm comfortable dining rooms are disappearing, and there's a reason for it.

Here's the blunt answer: They don't want you to stay.
Once you've paid for your meal at the counter, that is all the money they will be receiving from you. If you sit in their dining room, you will likely, use the rest room, refill your coffee or soda, use more paper goods, and the management has a responsibility to provide heat and air conditioning for you. They want you out of there as quickly as possible. Most furnishings today are cold hard surfaces, that lack welcoming and comfortability.

Today, the business model is very different. They want you using their drive thrus.
When you go thru a drive thru, they hand you everything in a bag, and then you drive away, not using any of their support services. This is the way they want it, and today it's the business model of maximizing their profits.
thanks for this info which I should have had figured out already (but I have abzillion other things on my mind)

thanks also for making me hate McD even more, which frankly, i didn't think was possible. The thing is, even liberals watch Fox news, although probably not the ultra liberal

and the point is not about red v blue or conservative v liberal

It is about INFORMATION deprivation.

It is about young people being totally freaking clueless about what's REALLY happening in the world. Even when you have biased news like cnn, at least you can get facts here and there and ignore the hackery. That's better, way better than being totally clueless, which as we all know.... Dumb people are easy for the govt to control

Did anyone tell this moron that Fox News watchers are the dumbest people on the planet?
I have a high IQ and got a 4. gpa one term in college, a 3. something all the rest of the time

Why do you peddle lies?

Check this out

A lot of this has to do with so called social injustice. They have relaxed standards so that blacks can look better on paper. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not against doing something to increase blacks' education but not by dumbing things down to a lower level just to make them look better on paper.

Forum List

Back