The Disproportionate Response

Yep, I keep trying to figure out both what 'disproportionate response' is; along with why US is being held to the Geneva Conventions when those we are fighting are not.

Hizbollah and the Palestinians have both been using civilians as human shields, we saw this in Iraq also. So, even 'precision strikes' are going to result in higher civilian casualties. I keep wondering, Israel is responding to attacks and incursions across its borders. They have the means to defend themselves, which they are employing. Because the aggressors are limited by their weapons, does that mean Israel should only be able to respond with like weapons?

The Geneva Conventions were an agreement, mostly of the West, to create some code of warfare to minimize civilian casualties. If all sides kept them, the costs for all would be held down, not eliminated. But what if ony one side in a conflict is held to those standards? At that point, it seems to me that that side would be well advised to respond in kind. Beheadings for beheadings. Torture and mutilation for same. The only way to deal with codified barbarity is with the same sort.

Here is an idea, if Israel is so strong lets see them make it on their own, no U.S. financial aid and no military aid, it won't happen because you know they will be overrun in months and the Palestinians would get back what was illegally stolen from them by the U.N. in 1947 which is the root of the problem. If the U.N. hadn't overstepped its bounds in 1947 we have no M.E. probs today.

The 1947 establishment of Israel is akin to the U.N giving Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Southern California, Southern Utah, Southern Nevada and Southern Colorado to La Raza, would any of you have a problem with that?

Anyway...disproportionate response......the rockets aren't being fired from Beirut, they don't have the range, yet Beirut is being leveled.

I proposed the same thing for us in Iraq and I was told by many that that was wrong and would turn world opinion against us.......but its Israel.....the golden child.....they can do no wrong in U.S. eyes.

OCA said:
Here is an idea, if Israel is so strong lets see them make it on their own, no U.S. financial aid and no military aid, it won't happen because you know they will be overrun in months and the Palestinians would get back what was illegally stolen from them by the U.N. in 1947 which is the root of the problem. If the U.N. hadn't overstepped its bounds in 1947 we have no M.E. probs today.

The 1947 establishment of Israel is akin to the U.N giving Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Southern California, Southern Utah, Southern Nevada and Southern Colorado to La Raza, would any of you have a problem with that?

I would but what has been done has been done. If Arabs continue to deny the existance of Israels right to be there, they will live in squalor.

dilloduck said:
I would but what has been done has been done. If Arabs continue to deny the existance of Israels right to be there, they will live in squalor.

Time to maybe examine going back to pre 1967 borders.

OCA said:

The UN did not overstep its bounds in 1949. The Ottoman Empire was on the losing side of WWI and by the rules of the day, "to the victors go the spoils." Britain partitioned a state within Transjordan; which, was their right to do as Palestine was then a British mandate.

You honestly think we would have no problems in the ME if Israel didn't exist? You're ignoring a LOT -- thousands of years -- of history.

GunnyL said:
The UN did not overstep its bounds in 1949. The Ottoman Empire was on the losing side of WWI and by the rules of the day, "to the victors go the spoils." Britain partitioned a state within Transjordan; which, was their right to do as Palestine was then a British mandate.

You honestly think we would have no problems in the ME if Israel didn't exist? You're ignoring a LOT -- thousands of years -- of history.

I know for sure there wouldn't be a Jew/Palestinian problem, that is 100% for sure.

OCA said:
Time to maybe examine going back to pre 1967 borders.

Thats unacceptable to Arabs. What do you not understand about Arab countries saying that Israel should be pushed into the sea? 1967 borders mean nothing to them.

dilloduck said:
Thats unacceptable to Arabs. What do you not understand about Arab countries saying that Israel should be pushed into the sea? 1967 borders mean nothing to them.

Maybe, just maybe they have a point? Actually let me put it to you this way, besides the fact that Israel at times vaguely resembles a democracy and that part of our paychecks go to propping up Israel, what benefit does Israel's existence have to America?

No Israel= no Al Qaeda, no Hamas, no Hezbollah......each one of those groups main beef is with Israel which was created by the U.N., the same U.N. which everyonec here rails against constantly.

Maybe i'm talking crazy, just sick to death of the problems there, I believe the problems there are going to eventually lead to WWIII and the end of it all if something drastic is not done either way. Arabs or Jews, someone has got to go because they aren't going to come to a peace agreement.....that is clear for all to see.

OCA said:
Maybe, just maybe they have a point? Actually let me put it to you this way, besides the fact that Israel at times vaguely resembles a democracy and that part of our paychecks go to propping up Israel, what benefit does Israel's existence have to America?

No Israel= no Al Qaeda, no Hamas, no Hezbollah......each one of those groups main beef is with Israel which was created by the U.N., the same U.N. which everyonec here rails against constantly.

Maybe i'm talking crazy, just sick to death of the problems there, I believe the problems there are going to eventually lead to WWIII and the end of it all if something drastic is not done either way. Arabs or Jews, someone has got to go because they aren't going to come to a peace agreement.....that is clear for all to see.

You think Israel is the only county in the would that the Arabs have a beef with ?

OCA said:

So...

What is the solution you are advocating? I am serious here. It sounds like the option you advocate is the elimination of the Jewish population at the extreme and the elimination of the state of Israel as a minimum.

Do we take all the Jews and forcibly remove them from the current land of Israel and place them in "camps" in some other country? Do we simply install and Arab/Muslim government in that nation and just tell the Jews to like it or leave it?

Obviously, I don't have the answer but I am truly curious as to what others think the answer is.

OCA said:

Perhaps by those names, AQ, Hamas and/or Hezbollah would not exist, but terrorist organizations based on extremist Islamic principle would, and they would just find another target at which to aim their hatred.

More than likely, we would make the short list.

CSM said:
So...

What is the solution you are advocating? I am serious here. It sounds like the option you advocate is the elimination of the Jewish population at the extreme and the elimination of the state of Israel as a minimum.

Do we take all the Jews and forcibly remove them from the current land of Israel and place them in "camps" in some other country? Do we simply install and Arab/Muslim government in that nation and just tell the Jews to like it or leave it?

Obviously, I don't have the answer but I am truly curious as to what others think the answer is.

Actually i'm not sure what I advocate, since dissolution of Israel as a country is impossible what i'd like to see is America to get equally tough with each side in this conflict, that means telling the Palestinians no more fucking suicide bombers or else.....telling Hezbollah to get the fuck out of the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon or else...........telling Syria to quit all backing of Hezbollah both militarily and financially or else...........telling Iran no nukes, no more backing of Hezbollah financially or militarily or else........telling Israel no more fucking settlements, no more incursions into Gaza and Hebron and you will partition Jerusalem whether you like it or not and the or else will be cessation of all U.S. military and financial aid to Israel.

As for the or else with the others obviously i'm talking military options, what course of military action i'm not sure but something needs to be done.

I'd also like to see us give some help to the Lebanese in moving Hezbollah out of Lebanon......but...........then again we are bogged down in Iraq, oh well.

Would like to see the cessation of the leveling of Beirut and the Israeli offensive confined to the Bekaa Valley since that is where the rockets come from chiefly.

OCA said:
Actually i'm not sure what I advocate, since dissolution of Israel as a country is impossible what i'd like to see is America to get equally tough with each side in this conflict, that means telling the Palestinians no more fucking suicide bombers or else.....telling Hezbollah to get the fuck out of the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon or else...........telling Syria to quit all backing of Hezbollah both militarily and financially or else...........telling Iran no nukes, no more backing of Hezbollah financially or militarily or else........telling Israel no more fucking settlements, no more incursions into Gaza and Hebron and you will partition Jerusalem whether you like it or not and the or else will be cessation of all U.S. military and financial aid to Israel.

As for the or else with the others obviously i'm talking military options, what course of military action i'm not sure but something needs to be done.

I'd also like to see us give some help to the Lebanese in moving Hezbollah out of Lebanon......but...........then again we are bogged down in Iraq, oh well.

Would like to see the cessation of the leveling of Beirut and the Israeli offensive confined to the Bekaa Valley since that is where the rockets come from chiefly.

Too bad about Beirut but it could be where Hezbollah gets supplied from and it may be where it's leaders are trying to escape to.

Forum List

Back