The Daily 202: A third-place finish in South Carolina would be a huge setback for Ted Cruz

That's in a general election. Heck, just about anyone can get "in the 40's" if they are one of only 2 candidates.

But as it pertains to the primaries......Trump has peaked. He wont get more than 40% if even that much when all is said and done. Once he is up against one candidate in the primaries, he will run second.

Whereas Bush voters will trend to Rubio....and Rubio voters to Bush...and Kasich voters to either of them...the only candidate who may have voters trend to trump is Carson....and I am referring to ONLY those that want Carson because he is an outsider.

But I don't see Cruz Rubio Bush or Kasich voters trending to trump.

I just don't see it.
I know that. I'm responding to Jake's ridiculous assertion that Trump can't get above 30% NATIONALLY. I proved him wrong on S.C. polling and he tried to say he was talking about "nationally". Then I proved him wrong on that and he's still trying to dance his way out of that.
I corrected you when you tried to move the goal post. You have lied right down the line. We will see what the polls are next week.

That's in a general election. Heck, just about anyone can get "in the 40's" if they are one of only 2 candidates.

But as it pertains to the primaries......Trump has peaked. He wont get more than 40% if even that much when all is said and done. Once he is up against one candidate in the primaries, he will run second.

Whereas Bush voters will trend to Rubio....and Rubio voters to Bush...and Kasich voters to either of them...the only candidate who may have voters trend to trump is Carson....and I am referring to ONLY those that want Carson because he is an outsider.

But I don't see Cruz Rubio Bush or Kasich voters trending to trump.

I just don't see it.
I know that. I'm responding to Jake's ridiculous assertion that Trump can't get above 30% NATIONALLY. I proved him wrong on S.C. polling and he tried to say he was talking about "nationally". Then I proved him wrong on that and he's still trying to dance his way out of that.
I corrected you when you tried to move the goal post. You have lied right down the line. We will see what the polls are next week.
I moved the goal post? You're the one who keeps changing the subject each time I prove you wrong. You're a damn liar and everyone knows it.

You are projecting your own angst, S. J. Trump fell far short of the majority that he needed tonight. Carson is staying in the race because he does not want his votes going to Trump. I wonder if Bush and Kasich will do the same thing. Let this continue, and Trump will not have the votes he needs by convention time.

You are projecting your own angst, S. J. Trump fell far short of the majority that he needed tonight. Carson is staying in the race because he does not want his votes going to Trump. I wonder if Bush and Kasich will do the same thing. Let this continue, and Trump will not have the votes he needs by convention time.

Nope the baby shrub is history.

Wrong again, asshole. LMAO!

"A third-place finish in South Carolina would be a huge setback for Ted Cruz"

Which has indeed happened.

If Cruz can't do better in a state where many republicans and conservatives agree with his agenda of bigotry and hate, how can he expect to do better in more moderate states.

As an aside:

“There are more born-again evangelicals in this state than In Iowa. And they should be Cruz’s base.”

Why do 'born-again' evangelicals endorse Cruz's hateful, bigoted agenda – an agenda which is clearly not Christian.

I agree with the headline. Cruz and Trump deadlocked for the national leadership, both under 30%, and Jeb and Rubio are moving up. If Cruz drops to third, will he shed some of the evangelical support? If so,that will go to Bush and Rubio, certainly the latter if he finishes second.

The Daily 202: A third-place finish in South Carolina would be a huge setback for Ted Cruz

I think Evangelicals have put religion to the side in S. Carolina and they came in very strong for Donald Trump tonight. This according to CNN reporting tonight, which really delivers much better election coverage than FOX news does.

His 3rd place finish here is devastating for his campaign. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Texas go for Trump, which would end Ted Cruz's campaign.

Marco Rubio came in 2nd, and with Jeb Bush dropping out of this race, you'll see most of his support go to Rubio.

The only way to surpass Trump in this race, is for Ben Carson and John Kasich to drop out of this race. But it doesn't sound like they're going to do it.

That Trump fell short as I said? That's fact.

I agree with the headline. Cruz and Trump deadlocked for the national leadership, both under 30%, and Jeb and Rubio are moving up. If Cruz drops to third, will he shed some of the evangelical support? If so,that will go to Bush and Rubio, certainly the latter if he finishes second.

I think Evangelicals have put religion to the side in S. Carolina and they came in very strong for Donald Trump tonight. This according to CNN reporting tonight, which really delivers much better election coverage than FOX news does.

His 3rd place finish here is devastating for his campaign. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Texas go for Trump, which would end Ted Cruz's campaign.

Marco Rubio came in 2nd, and with Jeb Bush dropping out of this race, you'll see most of his support go to Rubio.

The only way to surpass Trump in this race, is for Ben Carson and John Kasich to drop out of this race. But it doesn't sound like they're going to do it.
I think you get it. The evangelicals have let go of their social con agenda, thank heavens. If Trump becomes president, he won't even have to, much less want to, talk to them again.

Fell short? :lol: Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Trump wins South Carolina; Bush drops out of GOP race

Yes, he falls short in every election, S. J., meaning that more than 60% of GOP don't like him. I was in Utah last week, and many of my GOP friends there told me they would vote HRC if it is Trump for the party. These guys are Sagebush rebellion, NRA, and state control of federal lands. These are not your mainstream guys, and they hate Trump. Many GOP here in Tx will vote Dem if he is the nominee.

Yes, he falls short in every election, S. J., meaning that more than 60% of GOP don't like him. I was in Utah last week, and many of my GOP friends there told me they would vote HRC if it is Trump for the party. These guys are Sagebush rebellion, NRA, and state control of federal lands. These are not your mainstream guys, and they hate Trump. Many GOP here in Tx will vote Dem if he is the nominee.
By your standard of calculation, that means that 80% of Republicans don't like Rubio or Cruz, 90% don't like Kasich or Carson. Who do you think you're fooling?

By your standard of calculation, that means that 80% of Republicans don't like Rubio or Cruz, 90% don't like Kasich or Carson. Who do you think you're fooling?
Come close and listen carefully. No one has a majority, no one is going to get a majority, and we are going to a brokered conventions.

Come close and listen carefully. No one has a majority, no one is going to get a majority, and we are going to a brokered conventions.
Come close and listen carefully. Everyone knows you're a liberal hack.

You prove my point. You can only attack personally because you can't defend against the fact that 65% of the GOP does not want Trump. Candidates drop out, yet their supporters go to others than Trump.

I do think a solid portion of Cruz's people would go to Trump, but that has to happen before the convention, and nothing indicates that Cruz will drop out.

You prove my point. You can only attack personally because you can't defend against the fact that 65% of the GOP does not want Trump. Candidates drop out, yet their supporters go to others than Trump.

I do think a solid portion of Cruz's people would go to Trump, but that has to happen before the convention, and nothing indicates that Cruz will drop out.
Address my point then, stupid. According to your calculations, 80% don't want Cruz or Rubio. Trump gets the lions share of the delegates any way you want to slice it. You just can't come to terms with the fact that Hillary is gonna get her ass kicked by The Donald in November. Your frustration is showing.

Address my point then, stupid. According to your calculations, 80% don't want Cruz or Rubio. Trump gets the lions share of the delegates any way you want to slice it. You just can't come to terms with the fact that Hillary is gonna get her ass kicked by The Donald in November. Your frustration is showing.
You can't handle that 65% of Republicans don't like your guy and won't support him.

We had 17 candidates and Trump had anywhere from 30 to 40% of the GOP electorate who are likely to vote.

We have 5 candidates and Trump has 34 to 36% of the GOP electorate nationally.

Hint?

You can't handle that 65% of Republicans don't like your guy and won't support him.

We had 17 candidates and Trump had anywhere from 30 to 40% of the GOP electorate who are likely to vote.

Hint?
Lie. He didn't have 40% when we had 17 candidates. It was in the 20's. You haven't made any good points yet, so if and when you do, I'll respond. Otherwise, I'm done with you.

Hint?
Lie. He didn't have 40% when we had 17 candidates. It was in the 20's. You haven't made any good points yet, so if and when you do, I'll respond. Otherwise, I'm done with you.
There were some polls that had him that high. My points are great. Your man does not have the traction yet to get over 50% in a national polls for Republicans. Oh, you were done with the truth along time ago and have been wandering in hidden highways and biways.

Hint?
There were some polls that had him that high. My points are great. Your man does not have the traction yet to get over 50% in a national polls for Republicans. Oh, you were done with the truth along time ago and have been wandering in hidden highways and biways.
Let's see them.

Forum List

Back