The Daily 202: A third-place finish in South Carolina would be a huge setback for Ted Cruz

Your jealousy is so rank. I had a good day in the CHL with friends last week and at our condo across Temple Square. I am sorry for you that the cows are your only buddies. Trump has peaked. 30% of the party will support him, and as the others drop out, those candidates' voters will support anybody but Trump. I think it is going to be Rubio or Bush.
He's above 30% in every poll.
Latest Poll Results: 2016 Elections, Approval Ratings & Issues
Not nationally. Check RCP and the individual polls.
Read your thread title. It clearly says South Carolina.

Your jealousy is so rank. I had a good day in the CHL with friends last week and at our condo across Temple Square. I am sorry for you that the cows are your only buddies. Trump has peaked. 30% of the party will support him, and as the others drop out, those candidates' voters will support anybody but Trump. I think it is going to be Rubio or Bush.
and the rest make up 60%...

Consolidate their supporters and whoever is left over will have a greater number of supporters than trump.
You're assuming that every voter will go to another candidate. You have no way of knowing what they will do.
We have a pretty good idea based on 17 candidates and now 6. As candidates drop out, Trump has not significantly gained.

I am talking about Cruz not Trump's numbers in SC. You know that,so don't play coy. Even if Cruz does finish third or fourth, he is not leaving the race. If Carson drops, and the other five stay in, we will have a brokered convention, and then Romney. Heaven help us.

Consolidate their supporters and whoever is left over will have a greater number of supporters than trump.
You're assuming that every voter will go to another candidate. You have no way of knowing what they will do.
We have a pretty good idea based on 17 candidates and now 6. As candidates drop out, Trump has not significantly gained.
By the time they all drop out, Trump will have it sewn up, and you still don't know where those voters will go especially as Trump gains momentum. You HOPE they won't go to him but you don't KNOW they won't.

By the time they all drop out, Trump will have it sewn up, and you still don't know where those voters will go especially as Trump gains momentum. You HOPE they won't go to him but you don't KNOW they won't.
You hope it is Trump,but he has not gained the numbers he needs. Tough but there it is.

I am talking about Cruz not Trump's numbers in SC. You know that,so don't play coy. Even if Cruz does finish third or fourth, he is not leaving the race. If Carson drops, and the other five stay in, we will have a brokered convention, and then Romney. Heaven help us.
You're the one being disingenuous here. You started a thread about South Carolina and now you're switching it to "nation wide polling" because you don't like being proven wrong.

I am assuming the majority will go to another candidate. GOP supporters do not see any value in Hillary Clinton and will see Rubio-Kasich as a great alternative....I don't believe Cruz will get people jumping on his boat....he, like trump, likely has maxed out...those that see the value in Cruz, already see the value.

Time will tell....but I think in the end you will see trump with 30%, Cruz with 30% and Rubio with 50%.....

I am assuming the majority will go to another candidate. GOP supporters do not see any value in Hillary Clinton and will see Rubio-Kasich as a great alternative....I don't believe Cruz will get people jumping on his boat....he, like trump, likely has maxed out...those that see the value in Cruz, already see the value.

Time will tell....but I think in the end you will see trump with 30%, Cruz with 30% and Rubio with 50%.....
Where will that extra 10% come from?

lol....Mexico....of course!

(I meant 30, 20 and 50)

(I meant 30, 20 and 50)
What I see happening is Bush, Kasich, and Carson stay in the race long enough to give Trump victories through Super Tuesday and beyond, putting him ahead in delegates far enough that neither Cruz nor Rubio can catch up. If Trump gets the most delegates but not enough to meet the "threshold" and they use that as an excuse for a brokered convention, the shit will hit the fan. The nomination should go to whoever gets the most delegates, regardless.

(I meant 30, 20 and 50)
What I see happening is Bush, Kasich, and Carson stay in the race long enough to give Trump victories through Super Tuesday and beyond, putting him ahead in delegates far enough that neither Cruz nor Rubio can catch up. If Trump gets the most delegates but not enough to meet the "threshold" and they use that as an excuse for a brokered convention, the shit will hit the fan. The nomination should go to whoever gets the most delegates, regardless.
interesting theory....just don't know if they all have the money to last that long.

Huge? Everything seems o be huge when it comes to the republican nomination but nobody seems to be watching Hillary's implosion.

You're the one being disingenuous here. You started a thread about South Carolina and now you're switching it to "nation wide polling" because you don't like being proven wrong.
You tried to change it to Trump and I slapped you down. The OP is about Cruz, and, yes, if Rubio beats him down it will be tough for him. And, yes, Trump seems nationally to have plateaued.

(I meant 30, 20 and 50)
interesting theory....just don't know if they all have the money to last that long.
Only Carson does not have the money, I think, until convention time.

(I meant 30, 20 and 50)
Only Carson does not have the money, I think, until convention time.
I Bush has a poor showing tomorrow, my guess is his donors will start pulling out. I suspect he will bow out and consider a VP spot if offered.....although I believe Kasich will be the first VP choice of anyone out there.

Jake, are you happy that your Democrats are going full Mao in 2016 and voting Sanders?

Jake, are you happy that your Democrats are going full Mao in 2016 and voting Sanders?
when the indictment comes down (or the AG refusal to indict....both equally damning)....you will see the DNC scramble and Biden step in with 450 super delegates day one

You tried to change it to Trump and I slapped you down. The OP is about Cruz, and, yes, if Rubio beats him down it will be tough for him. And, yes, Trump seems nationally to have plateaued.
You're the one who mentioned Trump's numbers, stupid.

Frank is merely unhappy that the mainstream GOP continues to crap all over the far right and always will do so.

You're the one who mentioned Trump's numbers, stupid.
And then jumped me on it, not understanding that one can comment on matters relative to the OP.

S. J., you are stupid. You can learn but refuse to. Change your stupid ways.

Forum List

Back