The Catholic Religion

What I heard was it was hard to get men to volunteer to become a priest in the Catholic Church as they had to take an oath of celibacy. Therefore some homosexuals viewed the Catholic Church as a land of opportunity, especially those who were pedophiles.
Homosexuals do not equate to pedophiles. Sure, some can be--but not as a rule.

Homosexuals do not equate to pedophiles. Sure, some can be--but not as a rule.
I don’t disagree. In my post I said:

Therefore some homosexuals viewed the Catholic Church as a land of opportunity, especially those who were pedophiles.

Who would be more trusted than a priest?

How things have changed today.

I don’t disagree. In my post I said:

Therefore some homosexuals viewed the Catholic Church as a land of opportunity, especially those who were pedophiles.

Who would be more trusted than a priest?

How things have changed today.
I would point out predator priests are and were a rarity. They just get all the ink from the anti-Catholic Marxist left and its media. There were no more predator priests than predator teachers in the godless public schools system. And that problem continues in the schools as we speak. Predatory teachers can STILL transfer and get jobs in other school districts. No calls for reform in "Big Education". No leftwing outrage there, proving their outrage is selective and phony.

I would point out predator priests are and were a rarity. They just get all the ink from the anti-Catholic Marxist left and its media. There were no more predator priests than predator teachers in the godless public schools system. And that problem continues in the schools as we speak. Predatory teachers can STILL transfer and get jobs in other school districts. No calls for reform in "Big Education". No leftwing outrage there, proving their outrage is selective and phony.
One place we can start is at the highest levels of our society.

We need to find out who were enjoying Jeffery Epstein’s underaged girls. To me it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference who they are, they need to be held accountable.

The FBI had a pile of evidence about Epstein’s molesters that oddly they managed to lose according to the following link. For some reason that doesn’t surprise me in the least. …

***snip***

As for media coverage, did you even know that the FBI found Epstein’s cache of sex tapes labeled “(name of underage girl) + (name of VIP)” — and then lost them?

Immediately after Epstein’s arrest at Teterboro Airport in July 2019, the FBI executed a search warrant on his New York mansion. Following a daylong search, agents discovered a hidden safe in the closet of a fifth-floor dressing room, used a saw to break into it, and found an enormous collection of photos of naked girls, and CDs of the girls apparently having sex with influential men.

Then, the agents left — abandoning the photos and CDs, with Epstein’s employees free to wander about the place. As Kelly Maguire, FBI special agent in charge of the search, explained during Maxwell’s trial, they only had a warrant to search the house, but not to remove evidence — evidence at the heart of the entire sex trafficking scheme.

It didn’t occur to Maguire to leave a single agent behind to guard the CDs? How about the intern who just gets coffee?

You’ll never guess what happened next.

The CDs and photographs disappeared. By the time the FBI returned with a new warrant — four days later — to remove the CDs and photos, they were gone. Later, after a few phone calls, Epstein’s lawyer, Richard Kahn, “returned” the cache in two suitcases. I had no idea they were important! I was just tidying up!

Were the videos tampered with? Were all of the photos returned? Who knows!

Another area to watch is the Mexican Border. …

***snip***

Central American and Mexican cartels control and operate the billion-dollar sex trade across the US border, Fox News reported. The US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York convicted five Mexican nationals who had been residing illegally in the US, in 2018. The felons were part of the Rendon-Reyes Trafficking Organization. The group smuggled women and girls from Mexico and Central America and forced them into the sex trade. The publication also noted that women as young as 14 are coerced or kidnapped and smuggled across the border for sex trade, where they are sold off to buyers. These women did not voluntarily enter into prostitution. On the contrary, their traffickers sold them into the sex trade through means of coercion like beating, sexual assaults and threatening their families or children at home.

Congress signed the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act into law in 2000. It marked the birth of a large-scale coordinated effort by the US government to combat human trafficking. Twenty years later, however, the problem is still prevalent. According to 2017 figures from Global Estimates of Modern Slavery: Forced Labour and Forced Marriage, Geneva, at any given time, an estimated 40.3M people across the world are modern slaves. Approximately 24.9M people out of this total estimate are in forced labor, of which 4.8M persons comprise those forced into sexual exploitation. In addition, the data also found that women and girls are disproportionately affected by forced labor. They account for 99 percent of the victims in the commercialized sex industry.

After seventy-odd years attending Catholic Mass, more or less every Sunday of my life, it suddenly struck me today.

I watched the priest in his sacred vestments offering what we refer to as "the sacrifice of the Mass," and realized that for me, it can only be this way. This particular priest, like most of the ones I've come into contact with, is a wise, dedicated servant of God and his congregation - of which I am happily a part. He has no wife, no children, owns next-to-nothing, and has only one mission in life, for as long as he lives. If I call him at four AM because my wife or son is dying or dead, he will be there in a flash. I've seen it happen several times in my life with friends and relatives. Or even if I only want to talk. If it is humanly possible he will be there. And it matters not if there was a prior relationship with that priest or with the parish. They will show up.

In my view, there is no real comparison with a Christian "minister," married with kids. My priest works for me...and everyone else. No married man (or woman) with kids can put his/her congregation at the top of the priority list the way a Catholic priest can.

While it was horrifying to learn several years ago that something on the order of seven percent of Catholic priests were child molesters, I am apparently lucky in that regard. I was a choir boy, an altar boy, a boy scout, and played on various sports teams for the parish and my parochial schools. I went to 8 years of Catholic grade school and four years of Catholic HS, and never encountered a single priest, nun, or Christian Brother (who taught at the HS) who was even accused of these improprieties. One neighborhood kid, several years older than I, was a flaming homosexual who became a parish priest, and even he was never accused of any improper act, although he ultimately left the priesthood to pursue...whatever it was he wanted to pursue.

The infamous Seven Percent who have furnished the excuse for those millions of "Catholics" who simply didn't want to go to church or contribute any more, BETRAYED the Church; they were not REPRESENTATIVE of the Church. They broke their vows massively, and did their best to conceal what they were doing. When discovered, they swore to God (and their Bishops) that they would never commit this particular sin again and...shame on the Bishops who believed them.

Our priests are the heart of the Church. I would welcome women priests, and have known many women (some of them nuns) who would have made marvelous priests. But to reject the Church and its teachings because of the Seven Percent is bullshit.

Sorry.
I went through the same type of upbringing you did. Never saw or heard of a molesting priest. The figure is nowhere near 7%. That's put out there by haters of the RCC.

After seventy-odd years attending Catholic Mass, more or less every Sunday of my life, it suddenly struck me today.

I watched the priest in his sacred vestments offering what we refer to as "the sacrifice of the Mass," and realized that for me, it can only be this way. This particular priest, like most of the ones I've come into contact with, is a wise, dedicated servant of God and his congregation - of which I am happily a part. He has no wife, no children, owns next-to-nothing, and has only one mission in life, for as long as he lives. If I call him at four AM because my wife or son is dying or dead, he will be there in a flash. I've seen it happen several times in my life with friends and relatives. Or even if I only want to talk. If it is humanly possible he will be there. And it matters not if there was a prior relationship with that priest or with the parish. They will show up.

In my view, there is no real comparison with a Christian "minister," married with kids. My priest works for me...and everyone else. No married man (or woman) with kids can put his/her congregation at the top of the priority list the way a Catholic priest can.

While it was horrifying to learn several years ago that something on the order of seven percent of Catholic priests were child molesters, I am apparently lucky in that regard. I was a choir boy, an altar boy, a boy scout, and played on various sports teams for the parish and my parochial schools. I went to 8 years of Catholic grade school and four years of Catholic HS, and never encountered a single priest, nun, or Christian Brother (who taught at the HS) who was even accused of these improprieties. One neighborhood kid, several years older than I, was a flaming homosexual who became a parish priest, and even he was never accused of any improper act, although he ultimately left the priesthood to pursue...whatever it was he wanted to pursue.

The infamous Seven Percent who have furnished the excuse for those millions of "Catholics" who simply didn't want to go to church or contribute any more, BETRAYED the Church; they were not REPRESENTATIVE of the Church. They broke their vows massively, and did their best to conceal what they were doing. When discovered, they swore to God (and their Bishops) that they would never commit this particular sin again and...shame on the Bishops who believed them.

Our priests are the heart of the Church. I would welcome women priests, and have known many women (some of them nuns) who would have made marvelous priests. But to reject the Church and its teachings because of the Seven Percent is bullshit.

Sorry.
The Catholic Church needs to allow priests to marry. That will give them a choice.

Sorry.
it is only 2 or 3 % who are convicted of child molestation

and that occurs more in protestant faith communities than in Catholic... true story... heard it from more than one news source...

Agree with everything except welcoming women priests. The priesthood was instituted by Christ, so the Church doesn't have the authority to change it.

They had no problem changing everything else they didn't like.
I feel the Catholic Church is one of the most violent religions on earth and they have the history to back that up.
It is also the religion of the poorest nations. Worship Mary instead of Jesus.Changed the Seventh Day of worship to the first day and worship man more so than God. Rob the poor to give to the Pope.
The first massacre of Huguenot Protestants in America was done by the Catholics and who can forget The Crusaders or the Inquisition?
So forgive me if I don't agree with the Catholic's.
Use non Christian third world immigrants to invade all nations who are foolish enough to allow unbridled Catholics into their nations.

What I heard was it was hard to get men to volunteer to become a priest in the Catholic Church as they had to take an oath of celibacy. Therefore some homosexuals viewed the Catholic Church as a land of opportunity, especially those who were pedophiles.

That makes sense to me as I would NEVER make an oath of celibacy as I know I could never keep it.

Nowhere in the Bible says to be celibate as a church requirement to teach the word of God.

I feel the Catholic Church is one of the most violent religions on earth and they have the history to back that up.
You may want to have a more in depth look for what seeds violence. It is the pursuit of wealth and power. We are all familiar with "Wolves in sheep's clothing." Those pursuing wealth and power clothe themselves with religion. Society is becoming more astute to these disguises. The trick is to unclothe the wolves, revealing who they truly are--without condemning and reviling sheep.

Nowhere in the Bible says to be celibate as a church requirement to teach the word of God.
Correct. Jesus simply said that some choose celibacy for the sake of the Kingdom of God. Paul noted this is not for all.

You may want to have a more in depth look for what seeds violence. It is the pursuit of wealth and power. We are all familiar with "Wolves in sheep's clothing." Those pursuing wealth and power clothe themselves with religion. Society is becoming more astute to these disguises. The trick is to unclothe the wolves, revealing who they truly are--without condemning and reviling sheep.

Understand I've not seen any positivity coming out of most churches today but its the Catholic church is is one of the main instigators in changing my nation.
Of course they couldn't do this without the help of complacent Americans who are allowing it,then again all empires fail sooner than later.
I have Catholics in my family and know some good Catholics like everything else its not so much the people who do this in ignorance but the leaders of these churches we have plenty in Protestant churches also.
Otherwise, I say live and let live long as it doesn't hurt or negatively affect anyone.

Forum List

Back