The biggest threat to national security.

The Drop & Cover drills began in the early 1950's and by mid to late 1950's, those along with the Civil Defence shelters, backyard bomb shelters and the "Public Service Announcements" of the Big Red Scare were a thing of the past!

And to claim the late 1960's was all about the "Cold War" tells me you weren't even ALIVE or else even AWARE of current affairs of that period either! The Tonkin Gulf Resolution became effective in August 1964 when I was a recruit in San Diego, and my second deployment to Vietnam ended in late 1967. That conflict wasn't resolved for the PTB initially until January 1973 in Paris. The 1960's were NOT ALL ABOUT THE BLOODY COLD WAR, FOOL! Far far from that!

The bell is ringing now so it's time for you and your friends to leave the playground, K Bunky?
I was in elementary school in the 1960s here in Florida. We had the bomb drills in each grade up to 1969. After that in Jr. High, We practiced evacuating the school due to possible bombs inside the school and other emergencies.

I was in elementary school in the 1960s here in Florida. We had the bomb drills in each grade up to 1969. After that in Jr. High, We practiced evacuating the school due to possible bombs inside the school and other emergencies.
WOW! Did your family have regular bunker drills for your backyard fallout shelter, too?

The "Bomb Drills" ( or Duck & Cover Drills ) of the 1950's weren't for the cases of a relatively small yield explosive type of materials. What they were for was fissional atomic explosive materials drifting down from the sky after a big, big BOOM and the short life of another Sun in the sky

It seems you never went through "Duck & Cover drills. The purpose of them was to save your eyes and vision if one weren't reduced to atoms. That way one might have enough body parts left functioning to go outside and gaze upon Hell!

WOW! Did your family have regular bunker drills for your backyard fallout shelter, too?

The "Bomb Drills" ( or Duck & Cover Drills ) of the 1950's weren't for the cases of a relatively small yield explosive type of materials. What they were for was fissional atomic explosive materials drifting down from the sky after a big, big BOOM and the short life of another Sun in the sky

It seems you never went through "Duck & Cover drills. The purpose of them was to save your eyes and vision if one weren't reduced to atoms. That way one might have enough body parts left functioning to go outside and gaze upon Hell!
No bunker drills just duck and cover at school. In Florida, we were ground zero for the attack.

No bunker drills just duck and cover at school. In Florida, we were ground zero for the attack.
Cease the obfuscations and lies, fool! Remember the "Bomb Drills" you wrote of initially? Especially those which took you and others out of the building to avoid the bombs in the school? Your lies are a load of crap!

Ground zero of the coming Nuke attack was somewhere in Florida? Stop, please...my sides are hurting from the laughter!

Cease the obfuscations and lies, fool! Remember the "Bomb Drills" you wrote of initially? Especially those which took you and others out of the building to avoid the bombs in the school? Your lies are a load of crap!

Ground zero of the coming Nuke attack was somewhere in Florida? Stop, please...my sides are hurting from the laughter!
Look at a map of Florida in the Tampa area that will give you the answer. Yes in elementary school we did the duck and cover. Not in Jr. High.

Look at a map of Florida in the Tampa area that will give you the answer. Yes in elementary school we did the duck and cover. Not in Jr. High.
And what made Tampa THE strategic target among all the much higher strategic military targets, HUH? And how the Devil were those Soviet Backfire Bombers going to make it all the way from the USSR to Florida with NO refueling capabilities after entering the Western Hemisphere on their bloody way from Eastern USSR to freaking Florida.

And when the Soviets started putting together reliable ICBM's that could get a payload within a mile or 2 of the target back in1958 to 1960 ( see Missile gap - Wikipedia and the source referenced ), there was no need for those safety drills because the Soviet machines of Hell flight times were in minutes, not bloody hours, and Strategic Air Command sure as Hell wouldn't update the target and progress to all where those re: the incoming ICBM's Further, there was no need for those futile drills, especially after the Soviets developed their own thermo-nuke in November 1955 because the kids under their melting desks would be killed anyway, hydrogen bombs being nasty that way melting rocks and kiddies indiscriminately!!

But you...well an alternative reality of a bucket of manure would pass for your recall of that period!

And what made Tampa THE strategic target among all the much higher strategic military targets, HUH? And how the Devil were those Soviet Backfire Bombers going to make it all the way from the USSR to Florida with NO refueling capabilities after entering the Western Hemisphere on their bloody way from Eastern USSR to freaking Florida.

And when the Soviets started putting together reliable ICBM's that could get a payload within a mile or 2 of the target back in1958 to 1960 ( see Missile gap - Wikipedia and the source referenced ), there was no need for those safety drills because the Soviet machines of Hell flight times were in minutes, not bloody hours, and Strategic Air Command sure as Hell wouldn't update the target and progress to all where those re: the incoming ICBM's Further, there was no need for those futile drills, especially after the Soviets developed their own thermo-nuke in November 1955 because the kids under their melting desks would be killed anyway, hydrogen bombs being nasty that way melting rocks and kiddies indiscriminately!!

But you...well an alternative reality of a bucket of manure would pass for your recall of that period!
Never said we wouldn't all be killed. As a matter of fact' our Teacher was upset because all of us little kids knew that. We knew even as kids there was no need for them. I am not going to tell you what is in Tampa that makes it a top target' I do not know who you are. But do some research and find out. If you were ever in the military you would know. :cool:

Bill Clinton authorized an Ass't A.G. named Jamie Gorelick to issue an order in 1995 that prevented the FBI and the CIA from sharing information regarding threats to America by terrorists. Nobody knows why and nobody in the media ever asked the "comeback kid" WTF he was doing. The FBI and the CIA failed us on that pretty day in 2001 and the efforts of the government and the media since then have been a pathetic effort go keep the Clinton's from scrutiny.

Forum List

Back